IS Veedam still having problems?

Watson's aunt

Hi

I was going to book the 14 day Veedam out of Boston New England. But I am a bit nervious. I was going to book the may 18th cruise. But if they are still having problems I will book another cruise. I have a friend and I don't want it ruin on Veedam as I want to sail back to Alaska on my favorite ship Amsterdam.

Mary

Twenty days on Veendam in January 13 and we had no problems with our stateroom plumbing or AC.

We heard of a water pipe burst on one of the decks and the folks said it was handled really well.

We thought the crew was exceptional.

Wish we were on-board Her now.

No problems in February when we were on her. We would not hestitate to cruise on her again.

I almost forgot: there were some problems with the tenders/lifeboats. Nr 8 and nr 10. Those problems were fixed though. After that no problems with those anymore....

I was on the Veendam in January for 20 days, and thought she was in fine condition. HVAC and plumbing were fine in the public areas, and at least in my cabin.

Service was good, although not the best ever in the lounges and dining room. Food was good for what it was; it was not the quality it used to be.

If I were looking to book a NE/Canada cruise, I would book the Maasdam over the Veendam.

Hi -- I was on Veendam from 1/30 through 2/20. No problems in any of the cabins or public areas as far as I know. There were a few problems with air-cooled engines on two of the tenders which were resolved very quickly.

I would not hesitate to book a cruise on this ship.

ZU

I was on the Veendam in January for 20 days, and thought she was in fine condition. HVAC and plumbing were fine in the public areas, and at least in my cabin.

Service was good, although not the best ever in the lounges and dining room. Food was good for what it was; it was not the quality it used to be.

If I were looking to book a NE/Canada cruise, I would book the Maasdam over the Veendam.

Can you tell us why?? What's better about the Maasdam? I am looking at both ships too and wonder your reasoning.

Can you tell us why?? What's better about the Maasdam? I am looking at both ships too and wonder your reasoning.

Primarily, it's because of that awful Retreat area on the Veendam. It dominates the entire aft of the Lido Deck. It blocks the view, so it's impossible to sit out there and watch the scenery.

I like the opportunity to sit and watch, and to take my lunch (sometimes breakfast, too) outside and enjoy the view and fresh air. The Maasdam still offers this opportunity.

Have the cargo nets been removed from the MDR?

They were still there when I left the ship on Jamuary 30 of this year.

Although the netting didn't look very nice, it didn't look as tacky as I expected it would, either. It's dark, which makes it unobtrusive. It's also pulled tight to the ceiling, so it doesn't look like those fishnets you sometimes see draped in a seafood restaurant. You know the kind, with starfish and other plastic sea creatures tucked in.

No, they are still there and will be there at least until dry dock. They need to find a way to secure the light shades.

I asked about those on the Ryndam on our recent cruise (the Hotel Manager had been on the Veendam with us in May)....he told us that all the Murano lights on the ships were being replaced with plastic replicas...to save on weight.

I asked about those on the Ryndam on our recent cruise (the Hotel Manager had been on the Veendam with us in May)....he told us that all the Murano lights on the ships were being replaced with plastic replicas...to save on weight.

Was that Mr. Wood?

Archived