MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Silly Cruisin' Karen....I don't do heels EVER when I'm on a cruise. I barely do heels on a workday! LOL! I wondered if we were going to have a long walk, but after hearing all the RAVES about the aft-extended balconies and wraps, I just had to book one! I'm also hoping that in choosing deck 8, things will be quieter for us. The carnival rep told me that our cabin is directly under the serenity deck....two doors down and one flight of stairs UP. I loved the sound of that!!

I can't say for sure, because I've never been in a deck 8 aft, but I've heard that you can hear when they move the lounge chairs to put them away at night and put them out again in the am. Deck 7 is probably quieter. I have also heard that the halls where the aft cabins are tend to be quiet.

We are in one of the deck 6 wraps for our next cruise - WHICH IS MONDAY !!!! :D

I can't say for sure, because I've never been in a deck 8 aft, but I've heard that you can hear when they move the lounge chairs to put them away at night and put them out again in the am. Deck 7 is probably quieter. I have also heard that the halls where the aft cabins are tend to be quiet.

I'm so jealous :mad: Five more weeks for mine! I’m looking forward to reading all about your cruise on the Splendor when you get back, perhaps in a detailed picture review ;)

Have a great cruise!

I'm so jealous :mad: Five more weeks for mine! I’m looking forward to reading all about your cruise on the Splendor when you get back, perhaps in a detailed picture review ;)

Have a great cruise!

Thanks! Now that I know how to do pics here, I'm sure I will!

Silly Cruisin' Karen....I don't do heels EVER when I'm on a cruise. I barely do heels on a workday! LOL! I wondered if we were going to have a long walk, but after hearing all the RAVES about the aft-extended balconies and wraps, I just had to book one! I'm also hoping that in choosing deck 8, things will be quieter for us. The carnival rep told me that our cabin is directly under the serenity deck....two doors down and one flight of stairs UP. I loved the sound of that!!

The walk is DEFINITELY worth it! ;) We ALWAYS book aft balconies on deck 8, right below Lido. It is SO CONVENIENT to be able to just walk up and down the stairs from Lido to your cabin and back...I always walk up early in the morning when they are fixing the coffee and carry a tray down and sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise. True, you can order room service, but I don't have to "pick a time." I can just do it whenever I want. And I don't have to wait for elevators either! BUT....a word of warning. Yes, we did hear the scraping of lounge chairs about 5 every morning. I guess the deck stewards were setting them up for the day. But doesn't last long...

Thanks - but I need to meet her before check in. I have the tickets and she doesn't have access to a printer. I guess we are just going to have to use cell phones and play "Can you see me now?" :p

I was thinking of telling her to meet us by the bow (but on the dock - not in the water!) of the ship, but I don't know if they will let anyone stand there. They pretty much don't let you stand anywhere. They are always moving people along.

Kath meet her at our hotel and you can give us a lift in your limo. :D

Thre may be some noise as they lay out the chairs in the morning. I think you will enjoy the balcony. We have become big fans for aft wrap balconies, although we don't have one for our 8/13 cruise on the Splendor as we wanted to be near the rest in our group.

Edited by jimbo5544

Thanks - but I need to meet her before check in. I have the tickets and she doesn't have access to a printer. I guess we are just going to have to use cell phones and play "Can you see me now?" :p

I was thinking of telling her to meet us by the bow (but on the dock - not in the water!) of the ship, but I don't know if they will let anyone stand there. They pretty much don't let you stand anywhere. They are always moving people along.

Kath, when you walk thru the doors into the terminal and look left and a bit back you will see a concession stand. That might be a good place to meet. If you are worried about the crowds, I am wondering if you can just walk down a bit and meet her in front of the pillar that says PIER 88. Spelndor will be at pier 90. Or just stand outside the automatic doors into the terminal. DEFINITELY charge your cell phones just in case. :eek:

i have heard about the noise from the loungers but we tend to stay up late on vacation and I'm ACTUALLY GLAD something will wake us up and get us moving in the mornings. I am super glad to hear that the halls are quieter....I find people and kids being loud in the hallways is so annoying and pretty rude. People like to take fat naps when on vacation!

have a great cruise!

I'm excited that you are leaving so soon!!! How awesome for you. I totally want to hear about your aft wrap. I wanted to book one of those, but they were all taken! Can't wait to hear about it!

The walk is DEFINITELY worth it! ;) We ALWAYS book aft balconies on deck 8, right below Lido. It is SO CONVENIENT to be able to just walk up and down the stairs from Lido to your cabin and back...I always walk up early in the morning when they are fixing the coffee and carry a tray down and sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise. True, you can order room service, but I don't have to "pick a time." I can just do it whenever I want. And I don't have to wait for elevators either! BUT....a word of warning. Yes, we did hear the scraping of lounge chairs about 5 every morning. I guess the deck stewards were setting them up for the day. But doesn't last long...

That sounds just wonderful! I have never stayed aft before and I'm very excited to see what all the fabulous fuss is about. I wanted an aft wrap but they were all taken. I don't mind about the noise of the loungers because I don't want to sleep in too late. Do the balconies come with 2 full length loungers? I've heard that some of the balcony space is wasted?? What is the story on that? Im assuming the room size is just a regular size room, but I would always take a little room with a big balcony versus the opposite anyday!! I'm a balcony junkie.

Quick question for all my recent Splendor cruisers - more NY port, but I don't know if I'll get many answers on the port board.

I need a place to meet my sister at the pier - ugh! She's going to be in Edgewater over the weekend and she has decided to take the ferry over instead of coming to my house and going over in the limo with us - silly girl!

I need a place to tell her where to meet us and although I've been through there a bunch of times, I can't think of a good spot. It's always such a madhouse!

If you are sailing from pier 90 (and most likely are) there is a snack area just to the left of where you enter. There are small talble and chairs. Hang there. She will easily spot you there. Have a great cruise. We were on the 5/24 sailing and had an awesome time !!

Edited by NYcruzzer

My husband and I are leaving Dec. 27th (we couldn't pass up the great price) we booked inside spa cabin does anyone know more information on this cabin? We are very excited and love to celebrate the New Year on a ship.

Dorene

Yikes! I was checking the fare viewer and noticed that prices have gone up even more on my July sailing. They have more than doubled in the last 2 months. No hope for an upgrade at this point, unless a miracle happens :(.

Cyber Kat

Have a wonderful time! I can't believe your trip is already here! I have enjoyed your posts and look forward to your input when you get back. I just know you will have a ton of info! The Splendor is a beautiful ship. You will love the aft wrap! I had one on deck 8 back in '09. I loved everything about the Spledor! The minute I found out she was sailing out of NY, I knew the destination of our next family trip! The only negative--you will find it hard to go back to another other cabbin after enjoying a wrap. It's not stopping me from cruising in November, but will admit that for a split second I questioned whether I wanted to take the kids along :) ENJOY your trip!

I've been lurking on this thread since it was started, and wanted to say Thank you Cyber Kat, for creating it. And, to wish you the best cruise ever!

Now, for my question....

Other than the 2 center most cabins, (the narrower ones) is there any difference in any of the other 8Ms? When I booked my PVP was gonna put me into one next to the wrap, but I thought it might be better to be away from the long corridor. Now I'm second guessing my decision.

I'm also curious as to why no one else is booking afts on my sailing. Is it that no one wants balconies in wintertime from NYC?

If you are sailing from pier 90 (and most likely are) there is a snack area just to the left of where you enter. There are small talble and chairs. Hang there. She will easily spot you there. Have a great cruise. We were on the 5/24 sailing and had an awesome time !!

EXCELLENT - that's PERFECT! Our docs say Pier 90. Thank you soooo much! 2 DAYS! WOOT!

EXCELLENT - that's PERFECT! Our docs say Pier 90. Thank you soooo much! 2 DAYS! WOOT!

Enjoy your cruise. Your posts have been very informative for us. Look after the Splendor for us. We are going on her on the 26th sailing:D:D:D

Bon Voyage Kat! I can't wait for you to go on your cruise. I know you will have a very detailed review when you get back, you are so prepared! Enjoy every minute of it and we are looking forward to our turn on her in January. Any little secrets you could let us know about will be so appreaciated. Relax and enjoy :D

I've been lurking on this thread since it was started, and wanted to say Thank you Cyber Kat, for creating it. And, to wish you the best cruise ever!

Here, here! Thanks CyberKat for all your help and information regarding the Splendor. Now, go and have yourself a spectacular time tomorrow! :D

Thanks everyone! And thanks to everyone who answered all my questions! If you have any I'll do my best to answer with first hand experience!

I'll be doing the internet package, so if I have time, I'll check in here. Got to go finish all my last minute tasks!

Thanks everyone! And thanks to everyone who answered all my questions! If you have any I'll do my best to answer with first hand experience!

I'll be doing the internet package, so if I have time, I'll check in here. Got to go finish all my last minute tasks!

Have a great trip and stay off of helicopters. ;)

Hope you have the most wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about your experience. I have something like 390 days till it is my turn.