MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Amen to that! And the NY sail away is phenomenal - even in the pouring rain :D

I love cruising out of NY - why fly someplace when I can be at the pier and ready to board in 40 min![/quote]

That's what I'm thinking. I tell ya Cyber Kat, you are doing a helluva job convincing me to just drive the 40 mins to NY next year instead of getting on a plan and all of that like we've always done. I read everyone of your posts. lol. It's a long cruise. DH and I are fine with that. Hoping you have some info on the kids and how they fared.

Thanks! - If you're just 40 minutes away - do it! The Glory is doing shorter hops to Canada out of NY too!

I love the 2 sea days down and the 2 sea days coming back - it's the best part IMO.

Can't help with the kids, though. We don't have any to take cruising, but I'm sure there must be some here who have. I have heard that most of the kids who do the Carnival kids activities love them.

Is FTTF available yet on Splendor???

Also wondering if Splendor has the kiosk you can put cash in for your S&S account?

no FTTF and i seen 2 S&S kiosk, one was by guest service desk and one was by the fun shops (starboard side)

Is FTTF available yet on Splendor???

Also wondering if Splendor has the kiosk you can put cash in for your S&S account?

FTTF is coming soon to Splendor, as announced by Carnival. Pride is next and Splendor should follow shortly after.

no FTTF and i seen 2 S&S kiosk, one was by guest service desk and one was by the fun shops (starboard side)

FTTF is coming soon to Splendor, as announced by Carnival. Pride is next and Splendor should follow shortly after.

Thank you!

Does the Splendor sail from pier 90 or 88 or can it vary depending on date?

Carnival always uses Pier 90, NCL always uses Pier 88. Thats how the Splendor and Breakaway can dock at the same time

Thanks...our first time in terminal/pier 90. We have a premium/L-shaped balcony booked on the Splendor and noticed in some pictures there are loungers on some of these balconies. Has anyone had luck requesting one since this is a large balcony?

Thanks...our first time in terminal/pier 90. We have a premium/L-shaped balcony booked on the Splendor and noticed in some pictures there are loungers on some of these balconies. Has anyone had luck requesting one since this is a large balcony?

We have left from pier 88 on Carnival. I don't know if they are only using pier 90 now since they made modifications to pier 88 for the Breakaway.

I think they use whichever is convenient for them. We came and left from pier 90, but as I said we have left from pier 88 on other Carnival cruises.

The Priority lounge at Pier 90 is very nice.

with all that I have read, we can only ASK and see IF we recieve.... I have a wrap aft and I intend on asking for at least 3 of them, I see there is usually 2,

with all that I have read, we can only ASK and see IF we recieve.... I have a wrap aft and I intend on asking for at least 3 of them, I see there is usually 2,

We had an aft wrap on the Splendor (6485) - we had 2 lounge chairs, two chairs that had backs that reclined and one straight back chair. We also had 2 of those little tables.

Three loungers might fit, but the slant part of the balcony is a bit narrower than the aft part. The lounge chair there was against the wall. I moved it around, but then you couldn't get past it.

Sailaway:

Sailing under the bridge - will we make it???

Returning home:

Nice photos - your sail away was nicer than ours - we had pouring rain :(

I've done the NY sail away before, but I felt bad for the people who hadn't. Sounds like an excuse for another cruise to me!

Great pics! I can't wait to be on the ship to see the sights first hand (13 days!!!) For those of you who've sailed out of NY where's the spot to be for the best views? How long does it take to see Lady Liberty and until we sail under the bridge?

Great pics! I can't wait to be on the ship to see the sights first hand (13 days!!!) For those of you who've sailed out of NY where's the spot to be for the best views? How long does it take to see Lady Liberty and until we sail under the bridge?

Go up to deck 10 or 11 - or even 12 forward. You want to be as high as possible for the bridge. You can move from side to side up there as well.

It takes about 20-30 minutes from pulling out of the pier to the Statue of Liberty. Traffic on the river can affect the timing. You want to be on the port/left side facing the bow of the ship to start. When you see the Freedom Tower - move to the starboard/right side facing the bow so you don't miss the Statue of Liberty.

The open harbor will be on the port/left, so you can move back or look toward the stern once you pass the Statue. That view of the lower Manhattan skyline is cool. Then stay up there until you go under the bridge.

You can see some of the rides at Coney Island once you have gone under the bridge and keep your eyes open for dolphins. We've seen them swimming along as you near Sandy Hook.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but we went to high tea on our May 18 cruise. We didn't try any of the desserts on the lunch buffets or any of the cakes at mdr dinner so we have nothing else to compare it to on the cruise, but the cakes, cookies, & eclairs at the tea were unbelievably fabulous. The meringue sandwich cookies were sooo good I could have eaten the whole tray and the chocolate filled cake was so rich I could only eat a small bite, although I could sure go for some right now. I wish I hadn't waited til the end of the cruise to go to the tea or I would have gone more times so I could try everything. It's only on sea days at 3pm.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but we went to high tea on our May 18 cruise. We didn't try any of the desserts on the lunch buffets or any of the cakes at mdr dinner so we have nothing else to compare it to on the cruise, but the cakes, cookies, & eclairs at the tea were unbelievably fabulous. The meringue sandwich cookies were sooo good I could have eaten the whole tray and the chocolate filled cake was so rich I could only eat a small bite, although I could sure go for some right now. I wish I hadn't waited til the end of the cruise to go to the tea or I would have gone more times so I could try everything. It's only on sea days at 3pm.

Thanks for this info we always regret missing tea...I always forget:( I'm making a todo list this time around!

this is going to be our first time out of NYC. Can you offer up any info on parking? we are driving up from Boston.

Search Manhattan Terminal for a recent discussion on parking. I park on the pier right next to the ship. It's just a few $ more than offsite parking and easy in and out.

this is going to be our first time out of NYC. Can you offer up any info on parking? we are driving up from Boston.

Easiest is parking right at the pier. The price is $35 per day and you will prepay as you drive in. I believe it opens at 9:00am. There are other places that are further away and probably a bit cheaper, but the convenience of parking next to the ship is well worth the price in my opinion.

Search Manhattan Terminal for a recent discussion on parking. I park on the pier right next to the ship. It's just a few $ more than offsite parking and easy in and out.

I agree. There are porters up there to take your luggage when you arrive, and when you come back the porters will take your bags right to the car. Then you drive out and you're gone!! Not worth it to me to have to take a cab or walk to a nearby parking garage, while wrestling with my luggage, just to save a few bucks!!

Park Right is offering 25.00 a day tax included,,, it's a on line special, you can find the link on the HY Harbor web cam page. We booked with them after reading other reviews. you can either drop off your car load, than go to them a few blocks down, they will Valet you back to the peir, give you a 5.oo voucher for a taxi on your return from cruise. it's a savings of 80.oo plus dollars. If you want the direct link, you can email me direct at this name at aol.com