MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Thank you so much for starting this thread Cyberkat. Thanks to all the posters too for providing a wealth of information. I will be cruising on the Splendor in three weeks and I have a few quick questions.

1. With the Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau itin. are there still 2 deck parties even though the sail away times are early? I was wondering since we have to be back on board around around the early seating dinner time if they would even bother doing a sail away deckparty. (I've always enjoyed the midnight sailaway deck parties in San Juan.)

2. I know that anytime dining is in the Black Pearl dining room. Will we be able to see the singing waiters etc. if we have ATD? The kids love to watch this. Also, for party of 6 should we be expecting longer than 30 mins for table? Do they use both floors of Black Pearl room for ATD, and Gold dining room for traditional dining?

Finally, I can never remember if Carnival serves Coke or Pepsi. (maybe both??)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

I just sailed the Splendor (same time as Kath-Cyber Cat) and have decided I am truly the most unobservant person in the world! I don't remember if there were any sail away parties except the one in the beginning which was a bust as the weather was so horrible. We had seating in the opposite dining room but were on the lower level. My Grandson's stood so they could see the waiters dance- not ideal but worked.

The one questions I do know the answer to--Coke products! Only know because I am a Pepsi lover and can't get it on the ship. Enjoy your cruise. There was so much RIGHT with this ship and that itinerary.

Leaving on the Splendor Sunday :)

When we arrive back i am going to have a car service pick us up so i am going to tell them 10:30 - hoping its not as crazy by then. I would like to enjoy the last morning - have a sit down breakfast - if we have an earlier time slot to get off, can we just leave later? i'm thinking it does not matter...

Leaving on the Splendor Sunday :)

When we arrive back i am going to have a car service pick us up so i am going to tell them 10:30 - hoping its not as crazy by then. I would like to enjoy the last morning - have a sit down breakfast - if we have an earlier time slot to get off, can we just leave later? i'm thinking it does not matter...

That's about what time our car service/limo picked us up, but we did self assist.

Thank you so much for starting this thread Cyberkat. Thanks to all the posters too for providing a wealth of information. I will be cruising on the Splendor in three weeks and I have a few quick questions.

1. With the Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau itin. are there still 2 deck parties even though the sail away times are early? I was wondering since we have to be back on board around around the early seating dinner time if they would even bother doing a sail away deckparty. (I've always enjoyed the midnight sailaway deck parties in San Juan.)

2. I know that anytime dining is in the Black Pearl dining room. Will we be able to see the singing waiters etc. if we have ATD? The kids love to watch this. Also, for party of 6 should we be expecting longer than 30 mins for table? Do they use both floors of Black Pearl room for ATD, and Gold dining room for traditional dining?

Finally, I can never remember if Carnival serves Coke or Pepsi. (maybe both??)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

There were sail away "parties" with the DJ on the Lido Deck after Grand Turk and Nassau, not Half Moon Cay.

There was a deck party the night we left Grand Turk at 10pm (I had to consult my Fun Times!)

There was also a deck party the night we left Nassau - also around 10pm. These were themed parties. One was Latin or Mexican and I can't remember what the other one was.

One floor of the Black Pearl was ATD/YTD and one was traditional. We had late seating in the Gold Pearl - which was all traditional dining.

I would think to see the dancing waiters, you would have to make sure you got to the dining room around the time they do it for traditional - around 7:30pm - 8:00pm and IIRC again around 10pm.

I don't know how long the wait was for AATD/YTD - I would think it varies by what time you chose to go there.

I don't think you can have a sit down breakfast on debarkation day!! It's only the buffet I believe and it's usually crazy

Just the Golden Pearl MDR is open for breakfast (good catch Lisa). As a matter of fact they use the mid ship dining room for debarkation groups (Black Pearl)

Edited by jimbo5544

I don't think you can have a sit down breakfast on debarkation day!! It's only the buffet I believe and it's usually crazy

The dining room is open on debarkation day for a sit down/waiter served breakfast --- the standard breakfast menu, not the brunch menu. We always use it on debarkation day because LIDO is so crazy.

So i will definitly have a sit down breakfast the day disembarking...do u take all your carry-on bags with u or do u leave them in the room?

What time is the MDR open that morning and what time do u suggest we eat if we want to meet our cab for 10:30a?

Thinking of booking either cabin 6485 or 6450 on the Splendor for next March. Itinerary is PC, Nassua and Freeport. Which cabin would face the ports? Also we had an aft cabin one other time (can't remember which ship) and DH said he would never do it again because there was a whistling noise (wind) all night. Is this common on all aft balconies? Or maybe a Spa cabin.....thoughts? Can 19 year old son use the Spa or do you have to be 21?

Edited by reno3

There were sail away "parties" with the DJ on the Lido Deck after Grand Turk and Nassau, not Half Moon Cay.

There was a deck party the night we left Grand Turk at 10pm (I had to consult my Fun Times!)

There was also a deck party the night we left Nassau - also around 10pm. These were themed parties. One was Latin or Mexican and I can't remember what the other one was.

One floor of the Black Pearl was ATD/YTD and one was traditional. We had late seating in the Gold Pearl - which was all traditional dining.

I would think to see the dancing waiters, you would have to make sure you got to the dining room around the time they do it for traditional - around 7:30pm - 8:00pm and IIRC again around 10pm.

I don't know how long the wait was for AATD/YTD - I would think it varies by what time you chose to go there.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Thinking of booking either cabin 6485 or 6450 on the Splendor for next March. Itinerary is PC, Nassua and Freeport. Which cabin would face the ports? Also we had an aft cabin one other time (can't remember which ship) and DH said he would never do it again because there was a whistling noise (wind) all night. Is this common on all aft balconies? Or maybe a Spa cabin.....thoughts? Can 19 year old son use the Spa or do you have to be 21?

We have cabin 6450 booked on our upcoming Splendor cruise. Will let you know how it was when we get back.

I think it is pot luck at Nassau. We have been there many times and been facing in and out many times. We have only been to Freeport twice and both times starboard faced the port and port facede across the bay (which had the drydocks). In any case, not much to see from the ship while at port there. We have only sailed from PC twice. It was port facing the pier both times (never did it as a stop). Hope this helps.

All breakfasts (port days & debarkation day) and brunch (sea days only) will be open seating in the Gold Pearl dining room.

The Brunch on sea days is served in the Black Pearl (mid-ship) dining room. And it's quite yummy!

We were in 6485 on our cruise in June. I didn't hear any whistling, and most nights it was quiet, but when the ship stops to pick up the pilot, there is a change in the ambient sounds. Not disturbing sounds, but the sound of the engines, I guess. It's just there, like white noise - you don't notice until it's gone. This is what happens when the engines stop.

Of the 3 of us, I was the only one who woke up. That didn't bother me either because I got to see some really great sunrises.

I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat! It was great! The room felt bigger than a regular balcony cabin (though I don't think it was) and I really liked the layout. There is an extra window and it's behind the bed.

And the balcony! You could host a ball on that balcony! It has 2 lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs (2 reclined) and 3 little tables.

You can see aft, and to the starboard side.

We went to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. At Nassau, they backed all the ships into the slips. It was really great! We could see downtown Nassau from the balcony and Atlantis off in the distance.

We were in 6485 on our cruise in June. I didn't hear any whistling, and most nights it was quiet, but when the ship stops to pick up the pilot, there is a change in the ambient sounds. Not disturbing sounds, but the sound of the engines, I guess. It's just there, like white noise - you don't notice until it's gone. This is what happens when the engines stop.

Of the 3 of us, I was the only one who woke up. That didn't bother me either because I got to see some really great sunrises.

I'd book that cabin again in a heartbeat! It was great! The room felt bigger than a regular balcony cabin (though I don't think it was) and I really liked the layout. There is an extra window and it's behind the bed.

And the balcony! You could host a ball on that balcony! It has 2 lounge chairs, 3 regular chairs (2 reclined) and 3 little tables.

You can see aft, and to the starboard side.

We went to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. At Nassau, they backed all the ships into the slips. It was really great! We could see downtown Nassau from the balcony and Atlantis off in the distance.

We have been in 5 aft wrap balconies (although not on the Splendor) and never heard of any whistling. Love the rooms. REALLY love the balconies!