Sagrada Familia Tickets?

cynbar

Did something happen with cruise critic? Can you elaborate? Thanks. Carol was so helpful.

Go to her information pages and all will be explained. She also has up to date information about Sagrada Familia tickets

Pretty soon, they'll be coming after the regular contributors on the Italy Board, the Cruise Air board.... :rolleyes:

Or, just go to "that other" new site and use it instead of CC to answer your Barcelona questions;)

Censorship hurts everyone.

I was bummed to read about the change of rules for the Sagrada Familia friends membership.

I waited too long to buy it. :(

I expect that the family memberships were set up for local residents to support the Basilica and they did not expect tourists to use them as a loophole to save on the tickets. Note that they were designated as memberships. The discussion here on using them likely came to their attention so they changed the rules to align with the intention of membership.

I expect that the family memberships were set up for local residents to support the Basilica and they did not expect tourists to use them as a loophole to save on the tickets. Note that they were designated as memberships. The discussion here on using them likely came to their attention so they changed the rules to align with the intention of membership.

Actually they would not have saved me money. The membership is more than the admission for 2. However, I have read the lines are huge for tickets. If you get them in advance they are timed. I worried that I would not get there in the time allotted. I was willing to pay extra for the convenience.

If you go to one of her previous posts and follow the link she has an explanation.

I will miss her information.

Read the notes on her information page carefully and you will see her information/help is still available for those that want it :)

I just looked at the site to buy the family membership and it says only for residents. Does anyone know about this?

Read through this thread. Especially posts #104 onwards and you will see that the rules have changed

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to purchase the tickets for Sagrada Família online. Under special offer, does Jubilats mean retired? Is “retired” mean a senior, such as 65 years old at US? Or is it completely different in Spain? Do you need to show the passport when you go there to prove your age? If we book for 9:00 am, what time should we be there?

Hello,

this is from one of previous posts:

"If you were using the English language version of the registration, be aware that there is a mis-translation from the Spanish on the 4th line (after postcode/city). It says 'Country' - it should be 'Province' - in the case of US that would be your state

For your country (País), from the drop down, for USA, you need Estats Units

Also, for date of birth, don't forget in Europe we use the format dd/mm/yyyy

The fee types in the drop down box are

ESTUDIANT = Student

FAMILIAR = Family

INDIVIDUAL = Individual

JUBILAT = Retired ..."

I purchased a Family membership, they sent me cards for my husband and myself but there are no vouchers for friends any more:(.

I tried to purchase membership for my friends - there is no family membership for foreigners any more:(.

Can somebody give me a link to a Spanish site where I can purchase regular tickets for my friends?

On viator.com they are very expensive.

Thanks!!!

Hello,

this is from one of previous posts:

"If you were using the English language version of the registration, be aware that there is a mis-translation from the Spanish on the 4th line (after postcode/city). It says 'Country' - it should be 'Province' - in the case of US that would be your state

For your country (País), from the drop down, for USA, you need Estats Units

Also, for date of birth, don't forget in Europe we use the format dd/mm/yyyy

The fee types in the drop down box are

ESTUDIANT = Student

FAMILIAR = Family

INDIVIDUAL = Individual

JUBILAT = Retired ..."

I purchased a Family membership, they sent me cards for my husband and myself but there are no vouchers for friends any more:(.

I tried to purchase membership for my friends - there is no family membership for foreigners any more:(.

Can somebody give me a link to a Spanish site where I can purchase regular tickets for my friends?

On viator.com they are very expensive.

Thanks!!!

Go to Sagrada Familia website http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/ and follow the links to Ticketmaster. They are the official sellers of the tickets.

The basic entry ticket (without towers or audio guide) is €14.80 per person. You will need to select the date and time you want to go.

First of all I'd like to thank FreezingInMichigan, English_in_Spain and all other CCrs whose useful information helped me plan our 1/2 day in Barcelona in recently. You are all gems!

If Carol still isn't allowed to post (which I think is disgusting), I found the following website very useful for just about everything, but especially travel and tips on which side of the Metro gates to go through and how several people can use the T10 ticket. http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/maps/barcelona-map.html

Secondly can I sound a note of caution regarding the Friends of Sagrada Familia cards? We applied for and received these shortly before our cruise. We were there on 8 August and unlike OPs did not just walk in with no queue. We got to SF shortly before 10 and the normal queue was already round 3 sides of the block. In fact they closed the basilica at 10, for the next 3 hours, because the building was already at capacity. No-one seemed to know anything about our cards and we did have to queue to get in, albeit a much shorter queue that took about 10 minutes and we were admitted rather than left standing outside.

We had to show our passports in support of our Friends cards, even tho' the info had been supplied when we bought them and they had it on the computer screens. I nearly hadn't taken the passports with us, but Azura's captain had announced that the Barcelona authorities were insisting that pax departing the ship had to carry them and would not be let off the ship without. We were also issued with a time for going up the towers which was about 4 hours (!) after our admission time. As we had so little time in Barca we just couldn't wait (we did ask about the possibility of going away and coming back and were told this wasn't an option). I know we visited at the height of the summer, but I just wanted to make OPs aware that our experience was not as straightforward as for some.

Our visit was still a wonderful experience, though: as our 12-year old son put it, the architecture is insane... but mind-blowing!

First of all I'd like to thank FreezingInMichigan, English_in_Spain and all other CCrs whose useful information helped me plan our 1/2 day in Barcelona in recently. You are all gems!

If Carol still isn't allowed to post (which I think is disgusting), I found the following website very useful for just about everything, but especially travel and tips on which side of the Metro gates to go through and how several people can use the T10 ticket. http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/maps/barcelona-map.html

Secondly can I sound a note of caution regarding the Friends of Sagrada Familia cards? We applied for and received these shortly before our cruise. We were there on 8 August and unlike OPs did not just walk in with no queue. We got to SF shortly before 10 and the normal queue was already round 3 sides of the block. In fact they closed the basilica at 10, for the next 3 hours, because the building was already at capacity. No-one seemed to know anything about our cards and we did have to queue to get in, albeit a much shorter queue that took about 10 minutes and we were admitted rather than left standing outside.

We had to show our passports in support of our Friends cards, even tho' the info had been supplied when we bought them and they had it on the computer screens. I nearly hadn't taken the passports with us, but Azura's captain had announced that the Barcelona authorities were insisting that pax departing the ship had to carry them and would not be let off the ship without. We were also issued with a time for going up the towers which was about 4 hours (!) after our admission time. As we had so little time in Barca we just couldn't wait (we did ask about the possibility of going away and coming back and were told this wasn't an option). I know we visited at the height of the summer, but I just wanted to make OPs aware that our experience was not as straightforward as for some.

Our visit was still a wonderful experience, though: as our 12-year old son put it, the architecture is insane... but mind-blowing!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! For us, Barcelona was magical. It's rare for me to be willing to spend precious time revisiting somewhere when there are so many places I was to see. But I would love to spend months in Barcelona immersing myself in the culture. Here's to more wonderful visits. :)

~ Sheryl

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Archived