Persian garden

charlie52

We are sailing on the eclipse NYE, concierge class. We had a tough time deciding between aqua and concierge and in the end concierge won. I am contemplating changing for Blu and Persian gardens. The price difference is over $1000.00 and we figure we can eat at a lot of specialty restaurants for the difference. My question... I think I have read that you can buy a weekly pass for the persian garden even if you are not Aqua. Is that true?

I believe that you can buy a weekly pass, but I wonder if it is worth it. All of our cruises on the S class have been in AQ , wherein the Persian Garden is included. My wife has never used same; and, I only use it for the steam room prior to my vigorous pool walking in the Solarium. I have tried those loungers, but they were never very warm.

From my research I've done (we haven't been on Celebrity yet) yes you can buy a pass. It depends on how crowded the ship is.

When we were on Princess & Disney you could get daily or a multi-day pass for their version of Persian Gardens.

You should be able to tour the Persian Gardens on embarkation day to decide if you want to use it. They'll tell you if passes are available and how much they cost. Believe me they'll sell you a pass on then

Edited by hansolosmom

I have tried those loungers, but they were never very warm.

So true!! Having used the heated loungers everyday in the Rainforest Room on Disney Fantasy & Dream I was very much looking forward to the ones in Persian Garden and they were a big disappoinment. Actually, the entire Persian Garden area wasn't nearly as nice as I'd expected it to be.

To answer the OP's question.....Yes, you can buy a pass if you aren't sailing in AQ.

Edited by Seattle@heart

So true!! Having used the heated loungers everyday in the Rainforest Room on Disney Fantasy & Dream I was very much looking forward to the ones in Persian Garden and they were a big disappoinment. Actually, the entire Persian Garden area wasn't nearly as nice as I'd expected it to be.

To answer the OP's question.....Yes, you can buy a pass if you aren't sailing in AQ.

I called Celebrity about passes and was told $20/day. That would be cheaper than the upgrade to AC - depends on what you want!

We are sailing on the eclipse NYE, concierge class. We had a tough time deciding between aqua and concierge and in the end concierge won. I am contemplating changing for Blu and Persian gardens. The price difference is over $1000.00 and we figure we can eat at a lot of specialty restaurants for the difference. My question... I think I have read that you can buy a weekly pass for the persian garden even if you are not Aqua. Is that true?

Yes you can buy a pass, either a day pass or for the length of the voyage. I'm not sure of the exact price but somewhere between $20-30? Our last few cruises we've been sailing Aqua class because much to my surprise, my husband fell in love with the Persian Gardens. Honestly he's the last person on earth I'd ever peg for liking saunas and heated seats and aromatherapy! So please do try it out for at least a day. The other thing is that you might do well to keep your eye out for price drops. It's not uncommon for Aqua to dip in price. You never know as it all depends on how well the cruise is selling.

I called Celebrity about passes and was told $20/day. That would be cheaper than the upgrade to AC - depends on what you want!

If you plan to use it frequently you can also buy a cruise long pass that brings the per/day cost down significantly; if I remember right on a 10 day cruise it was something like $99 for one person or $149 for a couple. Do check it out though before committing to the cruise line pass in case it ends up being something you think you would not use frequently.

Can anyone give more information on what the eclipse Persian gardens includes? I Am having a hard time getting the specifics.

There are some heated ceramic loungers facing floor to ceiling windows looking out at the ocean. There are also some scented steam rooms, a sauna and rain shower. I enjoy the S-Class Persian Gardens more than M-Class (which is in an interior area and has no oceanview). When I have stayed in Aqua Class I have usually used the Gardens 2-3 times per week and enjoyed them, but not enough to pay for a pass on cruises where I have not been in Aqua. If you are Elite in Captain's Club you will receive a coupon for a one-time pass while the ship is in port. Also if you plan on booking a spa treatment such as a spa, you can often get them to throw in a pass for the Persian Gardens either before or after the treatment.

I've been to the Persian Garden on an S-class and I didn't think it was a big deal and here is why.

Granted the heated benches are amazing. But while we were in there.

The door has an electronic lock which is very loud in this quite space. Anytime anyone comes or goes - KA-CLICK! and again when it close - KA-BLAM, KA-CLICK! And the first couple of days a lot of people are coming and going just to get a peek to see what's about.

Next is the guy that was in there that was really relaxed. He was snoring so loud it just was not possible to relax.

So - great idea in theory, that is not really well executed, IMO.

For Blu - it's really hit or miss. My wife loved it, I didn't care for it.

We've booked our next cruise as CC class instead of AQ. We can eat in the Tuscan Grill a couple of times for the difference in price. :D

YMMV

Is it worth it for weekly pass on summitt? In OV, not AC or CC.

NO. It is not even worth buying a day pass. The place is like a dungeon and not worth the time going there. One advantage of using the the Persian Gardens on the Summit is it would give you the opportunity to feel what a inside cabin would be like. There have been a few times where those prices for inside cabins have been tempting but after using that spa I think I will pay the extra for the balcony.

The T pool is much better and doesn't cost anything.

Is it worth it for weekly pass on summitt? In OV, not AC or CC.

You're asking for opinions and you know what they say about opinions. "opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one, and most of them stink." :D

Okay it was a little crude, but true. And so my opinion is - no it is not worth it. See previous post on why I don't like the Persian Garden.

But you will probably find just as many people that love it.

• 5 months later...
Can anyone tell me what the price is for a 'cruise long pass' when the cruise is 14 days?

I've just found this from a February 2012 post :-

Yes, you will be able to buy a Pass for the Persian Gardens. At full price it works out about $99 for a seven night cruise. Around $150 for twelve nights. However, you need not pay full price as they take 50% off on embarkation day, or you could buy a day pass for just one day at $20.

Does anyone know if they still give 50% off for a full cruise package on embarkation day?

I'm not a fan of the PG either. I'll be spending 15 days on the Panama Canal cruise and I'll be in AQ and I doubt that I'll use the Persian Gardens at all. Laying on a warm TILE lounger when it's a zillion degrees outside isn't psychologically satisfying to me. And all that tile makes it SO noisy if anyone is conversing (or as someone mentioned...snoring). Things echo. I don't find it all that relaxing. My luck may have been bad but the one cruise where I tried to use it, usually it was deserted, and when there was anyone else in there it was LOUD.

And assuming you have port days with things planned, I'd suggest paying as you go. Chances are you wouldn't be using it every day. Even on sea days, there's enough other stuff going on.

My husband also loves it! Don't know why because it's not for me. I think it might be his favorite part of the cruise. We have a CC and will purchae the pass when we get on board our 13-day TA. I'm hoping it will be less than $20 a day but I know he loves it so I factor that in.

• 6 months later...

We absolutely LOVED the Persian Gardens on the Reflection, sad we only got to go twice because we were so busy on our 7 night cruise & had family with us, but our next cruise is 14 nights on the Eclipse and I plan on getting in some serious Persian Gardens time!!! It's so relaxing in there - my husband & I both love saunas & steam rooms & massages - we are definitely spa people. When booking our next cruise we didn't even ask for pricing on anything except Aqua, we are hooked!

I really enjoy the Persian Gardens on the S-Class ships. I take my iPhone and use headphones to listen to music or some meditation sounds, basically anything that will block out noise. I have to agree about PG on the M-Class, though. I used it because we were Aqua Class but I did not spend nearly as much time there as I did on the other ships.

If you're Elite or above, you'll get a coupon for a free visit to PG on a port day. If that applies to you, you could get a chance to see what it's all about.

Finally tried the Persian Garden on my March Reflection cruise using my Elite free port day pass after a massage.

The heated bed felt great on my poor aching bones. And I was lucky there was no wait for a bed, BUT:

The signs request you leave after 30 minutes to allow others to have a turn.

One guy in our room and a guy in the next room were snoring loudly.

There was constant noise from the open shower behind us in the PG while in use.

People were going in and out of the steam/sauna room that has a door in the PG.

I did not find it relaxing, but was glad to have tried it out to satisfy my curiosity.

My wife and I both got the weekly pass on the Eclipse. We used the heated loungers everyday in the late afternoon. It was nice to relax a while and then be able to leisurely use the large shower in the locker room to prepare for dinner.

Edited by swegert

biggest hype is BLU, IMHO

Barb