Strange Sandal Question

Scrapnana

I have two pairs of sandals (different styles from different companies). When you walk in them they sound (to put it delicately) like you are walking on a whoopee cushion. I've tried innersoles (they show) and powder (made they slippery and hard to keep on). I really like both pairs and do not want to get rid of them. I'm certain someone out there has the perfect solution. Thanks!

Cobbie Cuddlers sandals used to have that problem (back when they were a good quality shoe - after the brand was sold and cheapen for sale in K-Mart the brand was unwearable).

I think the sound is due to the cushion like intersole. It depresses when you walk and the air squeezes out.

I use to take a pin and make pin holes in the top of the intersole to give the air other exits. It only helped a little.

I've had shoes like that too. I tried the pinholes, made it somewhat better, but I think I finally just threw them away. Very annoying!

I've learned since that if shoes make funny noises when I try them on they probably won't improve with wear. Also goes for rough edges that rub, hollow or extra loud sounding heels, straps that manage to hit in all the wrong places, etc.

Oh my, I had the same problem with a pair of sandals. So many times I wanted to say, "it's the sandals, REALLY, it's the sandals." :o:D These did not have a cushiony foot bed, they were like Birkenstocks. Never found a solution, just tried to walk carefully when I was around someone.

I have a pair that started doing that only after they got soaked with water. Never have been able to get rid of the squishy air sound. I now use them exclusively as "around the yard shoes."

Oh my, I had the same problem with a pair of sandals. So many times I wanted to say, "it's the sandals, REALLY, it's the sandals." :o:D These did not have a cushiony foot bed, they were like Birkenstocks. Never found a solution, just tried to walk carefully when I was around someone.

One of mine is a pair of Birkenstock sandals. I have 14 other pairs of Birki sandals and none of them do it!

I tried on a pair of 'birkenstock' style sandals - with that molded foot bed- felt very comfy - but I didn't get them cuz of the 'noise! LOL - my foot was kinda 'stuck' to the foot bed and there was like a suction sound every time it was 'released'! :)

Also have a pair of REALLY NOISY flip flops - I love them they are so cute - but that 'slap slap' sound everywhere I go is somewhat annoying - they seem to live in my closet a lot :(

I hate shoes that have that slap-sound too. Just another reason besides; comfort, fit, bunions, cuteness factor, heel height, slipping on heels, straps in wrong place, hollow sound, burping sound, etc. etc. that makes it hard to find shoes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hurray! I solved the problem. I was perusing the shelves in WalMart and ran across Dr. Scholl's "Open Shoe" insoles. They are very thin and much shorter and narrower than a regular pair of insoles. They were about $7 but I figured they were worth a try - I could always use them in another pair of shoes. Put them in my sandals and walked across the room, then did it again, and again and no nasty noise! So don't give up if you have a noisy pair of shoes just get a pair of these.

Archived