DAWN PRINCESS CANCELLED into Adelaide today 21 Apr

Dawn Princess cancelled into Adelaide today, so she's turned around and heading to Melbourne I see on the tracking.

Had perfect weather for weeks and no rain.. today down came the rain :eek: my friends will be so sad :((

I can't believe that heavy rain would stop it from visiting Adelaide. Could be more to this story me thinks!

Doesn't seem too windy here in Adelaide, definitely not stormy. Looking at the webcam of Outer Harbour - http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/data/outer/index.htm - also doebn't seem like a reason for abandoning visiting Adelaide. Local media hasn't covered it in the news this morning. Hopefully someone on the ship now may be able to inform us.

Doesn't seem too windy here in Adelaide, definitely not stormy. Looking at the webcam of Outer Harbour - http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/data/outer/index.htm - also doebn't seem like a reason for abandoning visiting Adelaide. Local media hasn't covered it in the news this morning. Hopefully someone on the ship now may be able to inform us.

Just speaking to family in Adelaide, and they said the same re little wind. I do know that Outer Harbour needs to dredged on a regular basis though, as it is very shallow waters coming in there for all large ships....this has been the case for decades....old time locals know this as a fact.

Nice of you to get some decent rain though. Well needed there for the gardens etc:)

I've heard from UK friends on board the Dawn Princess this morning that they were told that it was 60mph winds that caused them to cancel Adelaide. My friends are very disappointed, but thinking they might get to Melbourne early. Knowing the Port of Melbourne is very busy, I'd be surprised if that eventuates!!!!

The Bunbury cancellation was reported to the pax as being due to build up of silt, meaning they couldn't get in to the port.

This is rubbish. I am in Adelaide and it is NOT windy. It is rainy, but just light rain with fine patches. The trees are not moving much at all. The weather reason is an excuse for something else. PS - if they can't make it into Adelaide then Melbourne will be a definite NO as their weather will be worse. So if they do port there, then they will have been sprung.

we are currently on the Dawn P and it was windy and raining and the captain had to make the call and cancelled Adelaide and we are arriving into Melbourne at 3pm tomorrow and anyone from Melbourne that wants to self disembark can do so or wait until tuesday and do normal disembarking......we are losing 600 odd passengers and getting another 600 more to cruise to Hobart and back to Sydney

Archived