Bottled water - onboard?

popeye0429

:confused: CRUISERS !

We drink a fair amount of water at home so .... We'll be on Victory, Monday, April 29th and would like to know how much Carnival charges for bottled water ... and ... is it available at the bars, buffet, room service and/or gift shops ?

I see it available on the Bon Voyage site .. so I know we can order it before the cruise.

Thanks ! HAPPY CRUISING !:D

It was 1.5 liter spring water that was waiting for me in my cabin last week. Cost was 3.95. When we got low, I just asked the room steward for another bottle. It was too large to keep in the frig so I had the steward keep an ice bucket full of ice for us. We did carry the bottle out on excursions.

Reefer was stocked with liquor, beer, soft drinks, wine, and yogurt. The yogurt was free. The drinks went anywhere from $1.95 for tonic water to soft drinks, to $3.95 for a 1.5 liter of spring water, to $5.75 for Canadian Club Whisky, Bacardi Rum, to $7.50 for Chivas Regal Scotch.

Seaus

wonder where they think the ice comes from

every cruise line has its own recipe for ice and carnival has cut back with a cheaper recipe just like with everything else.

when i cruised carnival in the 90's they used the colder ice and the ice wasn't jagged or had sharp corners and the ice had more water in it. i think they went with celsius temp measured ice instead of the much better and colder fahrenheit ice.

every cruise line has its own recipe for ice and carnival has cut back with a cheaper recipe just like with everything else.

when i cruised carnival in the 90's they used the colder ice and the ice wasn't jagged or had sharp corners and the ice had more water in it. i think they went with celsius temp measured ice instead of the much better and colder fahrenheit ice.

lol

So is bottled water $3.95 then if you get in a bar or the dining room? Is the 1.5 litre bottle the only one available?

I will only buy a water bottle if I run out of the ones I bring on (which are for my Vodka Lemonades bc I mix crystal light in with a water bottle that has vodka & water in it). The rest of the time, I will be drinking the free water :)

you learn something every day

;) Thanks for the quick responses ! So, we now know bottled water is $3.95 for 1.5 ltr. .. Where can we purchase it on board? We prefer the ice with more ice in it-not watered down cheap stuff .... Thanks ! :D

All ice is the same no matter the temp it's made at.

It was 1.5 liter spring water that was waiting for me in my cabin last week. Cost was 3.95. When we got low, I just asked the room steward for another bottle. It was too large to keep in the frig so I had the steward keep an ice bucket full of ice for us. We did carry the bottle out on excursions.

Reefer was stocked with liquor, beer, soft drinks, wine, and yogurt. The yogurt was free. The drinks went anywhere from $1.95 for tonic water to soft drinks, to $3.95 for a 1.5 liter of spring water, to $5.75 for Canadian Club Whisky, Bacardi Rum, to $7.50 for Chivas Regal Scotch.

There was yogurt in your bar fridge? We were on the Breeze a few weeks ago and there was no yogurt. Seems like an odd thing to put in there.

There was yogurt in your bar fridge? We were on the Breeze a few weeks ago and there was no yogurt. Seems like an odd thing to put in there.

I bet the previous cruiser left it behind, and your room steward didn't notice it when he checked whether or not anything needed replacing. Maybe the previous cruisers didn't use anything from the bar.

Seaus

Your wrong.

The Celsius freezing temp is 0 and Fahrenheit is 32 therefore Celsius ice is colder.

Also Canada uses Celsius and everyone nos Canada is colder.

Water on the ship is fine and the ice is a like a rod of frozen water chopped into smaller pieces.....

Canada--ya, we get cold weather...we also get more intense, hot sun in the summer too seeing we're so far North........

Buy a wide mouth 1L bottle for water and use that instead. Spare the pain of briging water aboard....save some plastic too.....

Seaus

What happened to the really super wet water they had on tap years ago! These darn cutbacks!!! :D

Archived