JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!

cruiseguys2009

JW, so sorry to read of the horrible experience you and Jerome had at Tuscan. I am just stunned at that kind of treatment and how that so called manager spoke to you! Uncalled for and absolutely unacceptable. Thank you for the heads up on this. I plan on dining at Tuscan myself in December but if she is there I will take a pass.

JW, so sorry to read of the horrible experience you and Jerome had at Tuscan. I am just stunned at that kind of treatment and how that so called manager spoke to you! Uncalled for and absolutely unacceptable. Thank you for the heads up on this. I plan on dining at Tuscan myself in December but if she is there I will take a pass.

The episode did not ruin our cruise or damage us beyond repair, we just could not believe this person was acting like that. In any event, as I said, she needs to be working perhaps in the wonderful world of fast food and not on a Celebrity ship. We travel a few weeks before you, in November, and I will certainly let you know if she is still on board.

The episode did not ruin our cruise or damage us beyond repair, we just could not believe this person was acting like that. In any event, as I said, she needs to be working perhaps in the wonderful world of fast food and not on a Celebrity ship. We travel a few weeks before you, in November, and I will certainly let you know if she is still on board.

I'm shocked (and disappointed) at the response of guest services and managers, the presumption is "that the guest is always right." They totally handled this the wrong way.

I appreciate that

I'm shocked (and disappointed) at the response of guest services and managers, the presumption is "that the guest is always right." They totally handled this the wrong way.

I seriously hope that you filled out a card on-board and also notified corporate. It would be a service to other passengers as nobody should ever be treated this way. I don't care if she thinks she has a protector of her job in management, enough complaints might send her packing.......

Frankly her behavior ticks me off and I wasn't even there:mad:

Again, WOW !! I did not see that post coming. We ate in Tuscan twice and did not see this Godzilla person. It was a very nice gentleman who by the way had some fun with us and the Manager of The Lawn Club Grill. We had just finished dinner at The Lawn Club Grill and went down to Tuscan to make sure we would get our favorite server Sasha the next night. We had mentioned to the manager in passing that Lawn Club had trouble finding an unfinished bottle of wine we had from Murano from the night before (they did eventually find it). He asked my permission to have some fun with his friend from The Lawn Club. He got on his cell and asked him what had happened? That he had 2 very upset guest's in front of him complaining about a bottle of wine that he had lost. I swear it was about 2 minutes later that the Maiter D from Lawn Club was standing before us apologizing and his friend in the corner giggling. I'm hopping that she hasn't taken over for him. I've been in the restaurant business 40 years, you NEVER talk to a guest or a team member like that especially in front of other people. That's restaurant 101.

JW and Jerome,

I have been reading Celebrity reviews because my partner and I are travelling on the Celebrity Summit with a group in November. We have done Disney, Princess, and Carnival before but never Celebrity. I have been reading your review and enjoying it immensely. You add more than a touch of hilarity in the way you write.

Regarding the treatment at the restaurant, no one has said it yet so I will. Godzilla was showing her homophobia in the way she and her staff treated you. Obviously your money is just as good as a straight couple's but she fails to understand that it is you that pays her salary and lets her have a job other than herding sheep on some mountain in the wilds of Turkey. On occasion, my partner and I will encounter the extra long wait to be acknowledged (at ten minutes I am ready to go), and if the place is not slammed, I read homophobia as the reason. I really commend you for the way you handled the situation by not allowing her to ruin your evening.

Best wishes and happy travelling,

Gary, Fort Lauderdale

In all the Japanese “Godzilla” movies, in the end, Godzilla returns to the sea. Hopefully this saga ends the same way.

LOL I love this ending! I'm so sorry you had such a nasty experience! That woman doesn't sound like she should be interacting with human beings at all.

I'm glad that the rest of your cruise was stellar and I'm enjoying reading your review!

Lissette

JW and Jerome, I am so sorry you had a bad experience in the Tuscan. We did Tuscan, Murano's and Lawn Club on our Silhouette cruise and of the three, the Tuscan was our best experience, not just the food, but the experience. It appears that Godzilla failed by not seating you and the beverage waiter compounded the issue by seating you without official acknowledgment by the Maitre D'. Either way, Godzilla apparently has ZERO humility in her and cannot do the courageous and proper thing which is to acknowledge error and offer to make amends. So sad.

OMG poor Jerome - it is a testament to both of you that you weren't bitter or let it spoil your evening or cruise.

We had a very bad waiter on a recent cruise - and it can be trying to cope with.

I cannot believe the tone that was taken upon leaving - she should have grovelled at your feet to make it right instead of the offensive.

Hope your next experience is more positive. I would actually send a note to corporate to set your expectations to ensure it goes smoothly.

We were on this trip and had 2 reservations at Tuscan. We cancelled the second one after the first visit. We did not encounter Godzilla, but service was SLOW, wine came at the end of the meal, items were mis-ordered,etc. Food overall was good, but the experience was just average. I was very pleased with Murano and Lawn Club, 2 very different experiences, both with great food!

I seriously hope that you filled out a card on-board and also notified corporate. It would be a service to other passengers as nobody should ever be treated this way. I don't care if she thinks she has a protector of her job in management, enough complaints might send her packing.......

Frankly her behavior ticks me off and I wasn't even there:mad:

Yes I did, and the best part is that out of the more than 35,000 subscribers to this review, The CEO of Celebrity is one of them. A certain high placed Celebrity Executive contacted a very good friend of mine today (who is high up in the largest TA in the world), telling him about my review and how everyone is glued to their seats at the company and if he had read it. My friend immediately called me and said, JW, are you posting another one of your famous reviews? I said, of course, you know I would be. He told me that this review, and my videos, have the attention of Corporate. Nice. I would hope so. Celebrity is my cruise line of choice from here on it.

This little hiccup of a nasty employee did not dissuade us from having a good time. I could not wait to report it. Yes, Godzilla is an appropriate term as that is exactly how her name sounded when she corrected me, her pronunciation of her name came directly from her. She also acted like Godzilla and treated me as if she were stomping on me like Godzilla did in the movie to a Japanese Fishing Village.

We did file a formal complaint, along with letter's to corporate and of course our reported review.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Obviously, she was removed from her position, as subsequent nights from what I heard from other passengers, she was not in place at Tuscan.

. He told me that this review, and my videos, have the attention of Corporate.

And well they should! Your review makes most of us want to cruise with Celebrity. It is obvious from your cruise history that you have traveled frequently and with many different cruise lines so you have the background to make a good comparison and when you say Celebrity is your line of choice, it means something. The descriptive way you write makes us feel as if we were there with you and want to go again!

Yes I did, and the best part is that out of the more than 35,000 subscribers to this review, The CEO of Celebrity is one of them. A certain high placed Celebrity Executive contacted a very good friend of mine today (who is high up in the largest TA in the world), telling him about my review and how everyone is glued to their seats at the company and if he had read it. My friend immediately called me and said, JW, are you posting another one of your famous reviews? I said, of course, you know I would be. He told me that this review, and my videos, have the attention of Corporate. Nice. I would hope so. Celebrity is my cruise line of choice from here on it.

This little hiccup of a nasty employee did not dissuade us from having a good time. I could not wait to report it. Yes, Godzilla is an appropriate term as that is exactly how her name sounded when she corrected me, her pronunciation of her name came directly from her. She also acted like Godzilla and treated me as if she were stomping on me like Godzilla did in the movie to a Japanese Fishing Village.

We did file a formal complaint, along with letter's to corporate and of course our reported review.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Obviously, she was removed from her position, as subsequent nights from what I heard from other passengers, she was not in place at Tuscan.

That is good news JW! :)

We have been on 5 X cruises in the past 5 years and I had one REALLY bad experience like yours with Godzilla. There was a awful Captain's Club host on one of our trips a few years ago. He was so rude and awful. I was almost in tears when I had to deal with him - and that is not my M.O.

I was sure to politely and succinctly let X know about this person. They need to be aware of staff falling short of their standards - because they do slip through. I really would like to believe this is a case of the wrong person in the job - not bigotry - but either way it's unacceptable.

Enjoyed your very interesting review...was wondering if you were going to post photos of your stateroom...when I spotted your extremely informative video...well done...Sorry about Godzilla and the incredibly poor treatment from her...I'm sure she will feel it was a very bad mistake. :eek:

:) (I literally did smile reading that Hat Lady was reading this. Can I borrow some of her cojones?)

Hat Lady is reading this! Yeah! Hey Hat Lady, you sound like a blast. Come sail with us August 19th.

I'll throw the ice bucket over you myself!

In all the Japanese “Godzilla” movies, in the end, Godzilla returns to the sea. Hopefully this saga ends the same way.

I'm glad I read this JW. I was just about to book a dining package for my Reflection cruise on August 19th. But I'll wait now till I get on board to ensure she's not there. So sorry for what happened.

JW, nobody should be treated like you and Jerome were. I don't care what color your skin is or if you are straight, gay, or what ever you choose . We are human beings and all bleed the same color.( except Godzilla) hers might be blue:eek: ! We cruised on Celebrity for the first time in march, and booked another trip right on the cruise that's how much we loved it. I agree with the other posts, you make us feel that we are right along with you on your journeys! I absolutely look forward to you next post!!!! You should have your own T.V. Cruise show I'd sight up !!!!! :D

Finally catching up!

First - awesome video loved seeing a 'normal' balcony room even if ours isn't a slanted one ;)

Second - sorry about the bad Tuscan experience. Personally I don't subscribe to some of the theories on the bad service. My husband & I don't do the specialty restaurants anymore because anytime we have we've always gotten crappy service. I think it has more to do with your loyalty points - oh you've sailed with us before (or are in a suite) so you get better service & a better table.

Fantastic video JW and Jerome! Loooove it! We had a 1A a couple of months ago and this brought me right back. Thanks for that.

Everytime a need a good giggle - I open your thread.

You should publish this! - it's even more entertaining than "Cruise Confidential" by David Brian Bruns (this is worth a read if you haven't yet - tells all the scoop from behind the scenes a big Carnival Ship)

Enjoyed your very interesting review...was wondering if you were going to post photos of your stateroom

I have some photos of our 1A room in our review if you are interested.

.... a rather bland review after the eloquence and humour of JW's review (and we didn't have a hat lady - just an incident with some cranky, mean old man that said we stole his pool lounge after he had been away for an hour and a half) but you might find the photos helpful

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1793078

Archived