JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!

cruiseguys2009

"Well, Chef Victor taught Jerome a thing or two and he loved every minute of grilling with a Master Grill Chef. See, Jerome just wasn’t just cooking one kind of steak, or fish, or a chop. He was learning how to prepare it all, at the same time!

First they seasoned the meat and fish, and then at the proper time, added each item to the grill, individually. The cooking time varied with each item, and Jerome learned about using your hand to judge the temp of a Filet vs. a New York. Needless to say, he was up there for 45 minutes! There are two television monitors that the whole room can watch as he grilled, and I was pleased to see that many of our other Men in the dining room, and one Lady, joined in cooking as well!"

Thanks JW for the story of the lawn club grill experience. I really need to learn how to grill better at home. I have already burned a small rack of lamb, but it was still somewhat edible, and nearly burned a fillet with too much marinade and a overly high temp. I hope when we are on the Eclipse next year you can make sure that I get the lessons I need to be a better griller if we are at the lawn club with you for a grilling session.

Do you or Jerome remember any other grilling tips for steaks and other meats?

I do not think I am as bad as a local Catholic priest in East Boston this week who almost burned out the kitchen in the parish rectory when he tried to cook two large steaks at 500 degrees in a pan with a hole in it that dripped marinade inside the oven, and not only burned the steaks, but destroyed the oven in the process. Yes, the fire department had to be called, and the priest blamed a dirty oven in the parish.

Love your stories.

Did you ever get those monkeys for yor dogs?

Ed and Donna

No, Patrick said I could only trade the monkeys for the husband.....He doesn't think my dog and monkey show (with sombreros and cap guns) would be as big of a hit as I do........oh well.:D

funny-fabulous-dog-wearing-hat-sombrero-pics.jpg

And I would just love one of those Monkey's from St Kitts to ride around on me!

See????? The monkeys with cap guns, baby monkey diapers, and little necklaces, riding around on the chi chis!! Who wouldn't pay damned good money for that?????

Since I got sunburned the day before, there was going to be no sun for me, so Jerome and I dressed for San Juan. "Port WEAR!" I had on a Tee Shirt that said in Rhinestones “Martini’s Make My Clothes Fall Off!” It was purchased for me from one of our Roll Call Members from our Norwegian EPIC sailing lat November, and this was the first time I was able to wear it. It’s funny on it’s own, but funnier when I tell you what happened and WHERE it happened…..Later

So glad you got to wear the shirt my sister and I got you. When we saw it, it screamed JW:)

You all were so awesome to cruise with, Celebrity Cruise Lines is lucky to have you!

You and Jerome made that November cruises one of our most memorable!

I'm so enjoying this review. Maybe someday when my son is grown, I will get to try Celebrity

Now to go back and continue reading your review. It's awesome

So glad you got to wear the shirt my sister and I got you. When we saw it, it screamed JW:)

You all were so awesome to cruise with, Celebrity Cruise Lines is lucky to have you!

I'm so enjoying this review. Maybe someday when my son is grown, I will get to try Celebrity

Hi Debbie, come on over to Celebrity and join us! I haven't had as much fun on a cruise since our Epic Adventure together. Hubby is still talking about Epic! We are enjoying JW and Jerome, but unfortunately, I doubt if I will ever cruise with him. I am still working on that bucket list one cruise ship at a time. Enjoy Europe!

Hi Debbie, come on over to Celebrity and join us! I haven't had as much fun on a cruise since our Epic Adventure together. Hubby is still talking about Epic! We are enjoying JW and Jerome, but unfortunately, I doubt if I will ever cruise with him. I am still working on that bucket list one cruise ship at a time. Enjoy Europe!

Yes that was a great Epic Adventure!

JW and Jerome are awesome human beings and my sister, brandon and I loved cruising and getting to meet them on the Thanksgiving Epic Adventur.

Once you go on a cruise that these guys are on, No other cruise will be quite the same!!!

I hope to get on Celebrity some day

And a great big thank you. I could not review the EPIC as we had so many challenges they comp'd everything, so I had to keep my trap shut. Honestly, it was the oddest and perhaps worst cruise experience of our lives together....however, that being said, you and your fabu sista made the journey and I still think of her often and that darn Cat In the Hat, Hat she wore! Martini's make my clothes fall off! I miss you both! Our Love to Brandon!

Here is our first Y/T Posting about The Celebrity Reflection. The Video is about our 1A Stateroom and Library Lady will be proud.....we show off the famous Storage Cubicles and the Hanging Shoe Rack.....see, I am the Male Martha Stewart! Now I just wish Macy's and JC Penney would fight over me for millions of dollars like they did her! A real Middle Ages Jousting Match over a 72 year old gal!

Here is the link:

And a great big thank you. I could not review the EPIC as we had so many challenges they comp'd everything, so I had to keep my trap shut. Honestly, it was the oddest and perhaps worst cruise experience of our lives together....however, that being said, you and your fabu sista made the journey and I still think of her often and that darn Cat In the Hat, Hat she wore! Martini's make my clothes fall off! I miss you both! Our Love to Brandon!

JW, I will say you never let it show that you experienced challenges on that trip. I know I was quite verbal about mine and chalk it up to hopefully just that particular sailing. At least I hope as I have the Epic booked in Oct for 22 days Europe and TA.

I truley hope to cruise Celebrity and some other lines, but while traveling with my young one, gotta keep it in the cheap and casual. Just showing him the world, one cruise port at a time.

I will stalk you on these boards and enjoy how you live life to the fullest. A motto, I truly try to embrace

"Well, Chef Victor taught Jerome a thing or two and he loved every minute of grilling with a Master Grill Chef. See, Jerome just wasn’t just cooking one kind of steak, or fish, or a chop. He was learning how to prepare it all, at the same time!

First they seasoned the meat and fish, and then at the proper time, added each item to the grill, individually. The cooking time varied with each item, and Jerome learned about using your hand to judge the temp of a Filet vs. a New York. Needless to say, he was up there for 45 minutes! There are two television monitors that the whole room can watch as he grilled, and I was pleased to see that many of our other Men in the dining room, and one Lady, joined in cooking as well!"

Thanks JW for the story of the lawn club grill experience. I really need to learn how to grill better at home. I have already burned a small rack of lamb, but it was still somewhat edible, and nearly burned a fillet with too much marinade and a overly high temp. I hope when we are on the Eclipse next year you can make sure that I get the lessons I need to be a better griller if we are at the lawn club with you for a grilling session.

Do you or Jerome remember any other grilling tips for steaks and other meats?

I do not think I am as bad as a local Catholic priest in East Boston this week who almost burned out the kitchen in the parish rectory when he tried to cook two large steaks at 500 degrees in a pan with a hole in it that dripped marinade inside the oven, and not only burned the steaks, but destroyed the oven in the process. Yes, the fire department had to be called, and the priest blamed a dirty oven in the parish.

Love your stories.

First, The Lawn Club Grill is only on The Reflection ( I am not sure about the Silhouette, thou, it's The Reflection's twin, so it may be on there too.) On our Eclipse sailing, where the Lawn Club Grill is located, there is a Glass Blowing Show that is supposed to be equally fascinating. Oh well.

Love the fact that the Church nearly burned down due to High Temps of The Hell Fire and Brimstone! Funny story!

Keep the review going - one of the best I have read. But now I have reservations about drinking at the Martini Bar ..............

Blu is very nice - and you might like the showers in AQ.

Keep the review going - one of the best I have read. But now I have reservations about drinking at the Martini Bar ..............

Blu is very nice - and you might like the showers in AQ.

I have heard about the showers, yes mama! The jets hit places on your body I never knew existed! Am I right????? Whoo Hoo!

Here is our first Y/T Posting about The Celebrity Reflection. The Video is about our 1A Stateroom and Library Lady will be proud.....we show off the famous Storage Cubicles and the Hanging Shoe Rack.....see, I am the Male Martha Stewart! Now I just wish Macy's and JC Penney would fight over me for millions of dollars like they did her! A real Middle Ages Jousting Match over a 72 year old gal!

Here is the link:

Great job on the video!! You certainly did me proud with your creative storage solutions. You would love Aqua for sure - the shower alone is worth the extra price :)

It was nice to see and hear you after getting to know you through your supremely entertaining narrative here.

I just got done watching your video and thought it was very good explaining the entire space!! I was waiting for more jokes.... but just loved it!!

Nah, on YouTube, I wanted to keep it level and sane. The prospect of millions of people, as well as Celebrity Cruise Lines, viewing it? That kept me in check. I just wanted to be precise. I did have a few Martini's before we filmed it tho, it was after all, the Last Day of the cruise. I got a plug in for The Miami Hurricanes as well! Go "Canes!

By the way, if you are interested, the "Miami" shirt I am wearing is a vintage 1978 team shirt, with the original "old" colors and one hundred percent individual letter embroidery. My hat is also vintage, from 1979.

Great job on the video!! You certainly did me proud with your creative storage solutions. You would love Aqua for sure - the owner lane is worth the extra price :)

It was nice to see and hear you after getting to know you through your supremely entertaining narrative here.

Why Thank You Great One! Love ya!

Sandi, You can steal it if you want for your "Sticky". Do you think it is a good representation of most of the rooms on the S Class?

What????? A '78 shirt and a '79 hat are Vintage??!! I am getting too old!

Anyway, JW, hope that Celebrity does watch your video; how professional you were, our own little Samantha Brown! Loved It!:D:D

What????? A '78 shirt and a '79 hat are Vintage??!! I am getting too old!

Anyway, JW, hope that Celebrity does watch your video; how professional you were, our own little Samantha Brown! Loved It!:D:D

I just Tinkled! I love Samantha Brown and miss her, she used to do so many cruises on the Travel Chanel, then they dropped her for that Anthony Boring-dane and that other guy who eats bugs. I would love to pick up the slack and do that......well, I also hope that Celebrity sees the video. My money is on that fact, actually, first thing tomorrow morning! They should be proud. We loved almost every minute of our cruise.....the two minutes we didn't, well, that is coming tomorrow!

Gozdea, THE GODZILLA OF THE TUSCAN AND OF CELEBRITY! Run, she is a real Meanie! She mistreats Customer's as much as she publicly mistreats the Staff, Run! Oh My Gosh, is she chasing after us again? Get Away! Hurry!

Thanks JW! The wifester is really ready for Nov after watching the video. And thank Jerome for the forward view. We are on the back angle of the hump and she got to see our balcony!

We are on the first back angle up forward in 8160. Got a chance to see that stateroom on this trip, thanks to St Edward and Prima-Donna, and that has an even bigger balcony! Looking forward to it!

I miss Samantha Brown too !! We DVR'd her .... then she was gone :confused:

I believe I heard she had a child or two. She is now on HSN selling luggage and travel accessories from time to time - like yesterday!

Follow the Yellow Brick Road, Follow the Yellow Brick Road.....errr, not exactly......Hmmmmm.

417785_654233951272728_1712020023_n.jpg

Real Photo, Real City, Real uh, what can I say? Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the Yellow Brick Road! I could be crude and replace Brick for something that rhymes with Brick but I will leave that entirely up to you......Oh MY!

You know hundreds of people line up on this bridge every day at 3:15 PM just to take this picture when the sun is just right. Gives new meaning to "Take a Picture, It Lasts Longer!" Right? Oh, MY!

Archived