Live form the Sapphire-Coastal April 27th

WendyG

Would like to know what time the second early seating is.It is slated for 6:00 but last time when I was on this cruise I think it was more like 5:30 or 5:45.Just booked the October cruise.

Continue having a good time and thanks.

Seating times are 5:30 and 7:45

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

According to the patter both the international and vivaldi dining rooms are 530 and 745

Just looked at my reservation for next week and it says 6:00. Guess we will find out when we get on board. Just as long as they feed us.

Just looked at my reservation for next week and it says 6:00. Guess we will find out when we get on board. Just as long as they feed us.

I am also on the 6 PM dinning May 11th. It sounds like they combined the 5:30 and 6PM diners to a 5:45 seating..makes sense. And as you said as long as we get fed... LOL

Thanks for posting - we leave on the Sapphire on the 4th - yippee -only 4 more days !

Glad to hear you were not TOO late arriving in SFO - we have tickets to the ball-game the day we arrive.

How "FORMAL" was FORMAL night ? - Many suits ?

Is Alfredo's (Pizza) very crowded ? - Someone said that they went there as soon as they boarded the ship (buffet and MDR too crowded) Is there a good time to go for Pizza ?

THANK YOU !!

For many months, my Personalizer said 6 PM. Surprise, surprise, when I got on board on April 13 to find that my time was 5:30. I do find that time to be a little early, but better than 2nd seating. I have tried anytime dining twice and it is not for me.

Renee

Thanks for posting - we leave on the Sapphire on the 4th - yippee -only 4 more days !

Glad to hear you were not TOO late arriving in SFO - we have tickets to the ball-game the day we arrive.

Is Alfredo's (Pizza) very crowded ? - Someone said that they went there as soon as they boarded the ship (buffet and MDR too crowded) Is there a good time to go for Pizza ?

THANK YOU !!

We only went to alfredos once (sunday before sf) it is a popular place and rightfully so.. :)

I didnt see too many tuxedos or long gowns. I would say maybe 30% really dressed up.

Santa Barbara was a lovely port city. It was overcast all day and a little misty in the morning. I'm glad we booked a wine tour in the valley because we were on the 154 in fog you couldn't even see three feet in front of you and all of a sudden the skies were blue and it was 72 all day! Stopped at several wineries, did an oil and vinegar tasting that was delicious and we shopped in solvang. It was a great day!!!! :)

Today is catalina we are now anchored and cleared for tendering. :D

THANK YOU !!

have you joined our roll call....I'm also on the cruise leaving on the 4th and will be going to the Dodger/ Giants game (on the 5th)

Good morning :)

YAY...Billy just picked his winners from the wake show and he picked me ;)

I wonder what I won....

You never said what you won????

Don

They delivered a deck of princess playing cards! :)

I also forgot to mention we bought two bottles of wine on the independent tour we took yesterday and brought those bottles onboard.

For all you wine lovers? Seems they don't care what you bring on....

Beautiful sunny day today in Catalina, we just rented a golf cart for an hour for $40 and toured avalon. Not much to do here, was tempted to do the extreme east end tour but windy narrow mountain cliff roads changed my mind. Not a big fan of heights!

We just looked in a few shops and spent the rest of the day on a half empty ship. We won taboo (a pen) and came in second place in afternoon trivia but my new friends that beat us by one point gave me their prize...another deck of cards. So I'm up two pens, two decks of cards, and two fridge magnets. :)

Tonight 12 of us from our wonderful cc group are having dinner in sterling steakhouse :)

Anchors up and off to San Diego we go :D

They delivered a deck of princess playing cards! :)

I also forgot to mention we bought two bottles of wine on the independent tour we took yesterday and brought those bottles onboard.

For all you wine lovers? Seems they don't care what you bring on....

Beautiful sunny day today in Catalina, we just rented a golf cart for an hour for $40 and toured avalon. Not much to do here, was tempted to do the extreme east end tour but windy narrow mountain cliff roads changed my mind. Not a big fan of heights!

We just looked in a few shops and spent the rest of the day on a half empty ship. We won taboo (a pen) and came in second place in afternoon trivia but my new friends that beat us by one point gave me their prize...another deck of cards. So I'm up two pens, two decks of cards, and two fridge magnets. :)

Tonight 12 of us from our wonderful cc group are having dinner in sterling steakhouse :)

Anchors up and off to San Diego we go :D

Thanks, again for your great posts -

Anxious to hear your review of the Sterling Steakhouse....

Apparently somewhere between 85-90 degrees will be waiting for you tomorrow in San Diego! We are having Santa Ana conditions so you should have a fabulous day in the city. Enjoy! We'll wave to you as you sail out in the evening. :)

Katherine

Wendy, thanks for taking us along this week. It will be really warm today here in San Diego. (and very dry). Take water with you for the Zoo. Lots of walking and it will be hot. At the pier, always cool.

Reading your Live, just gets me more excited about our trip on the Sapphire this Saturday.

Gloria:D

Good morning from San Diego! :D

Our customer service manager who does all the announcements said we would have sunny skies, a high of 82, and 29% humidity. Sounds perfect!

Sterling steakhouse was really nice, they made us a table for 12 and the service was better than we had at the crown grill on the CB but I prefer the food and the ambience of the crown grill. We always do the steakhouse on every trip but this trip our wonderful travel agent treated us to dinner (thank you linda) :D

Last night we played liars club, first time we saw billy the cd and boy were they entertaining! We got five of five and tied for the win. More playing cards!

Then we went to the comedy show and I highly recommend it. Two' brothers' and quite entertaining, especially the end. (This will depend on the passengers though) one of the guys the picked to go on stage was hysterical. He had the whole place rofl.

Tonight is formal night andnour captains party at 7 but for now its time to pick up our rental car and hit the zoo! Should be a great day! All aboard is 430.

Gloria, you're going ro have the best time. This ship and the staff are so wonderful, one couple from our cc group did this exact cruise in October and said this was a whole different and better experience.

You are really going to enjoy it :cool:

Bye for now....

Billy Hygate is a very talented CD.

Make sure you go to the Crew Show, he will be the star performer. Won't say what he does, don't want to spoil it, but is in full costume and won't be recognizable.

He is on our list of one of the top CD's.

Billy Hygate is a very talented CD.

Make sure you go to the Crew Show, he will be the star performer. Won't say what he does, don't want to spoil it, but is in full costume and won't be recognizable.

He is on our list of one of the top CD's.

Very well done (spoiler alert without giving away anything). I agree, a not to be missed performance by Billy Hygate. I was so surprised how empty the last show was. Be sure to get there in time for the pre-show activity!

Renee

Wendy,

Welcome to our beautiful city!! We ordered this incredible weather just for you!!!! Hope your visit to the world famous San Diego zoo is wonderful. I am blessed to live here. :D:D

I am really enjoying your thread. I will be onboard the Sapphire in October for a coastal cruise. The Sapphire is my favorite ship. :D

I took my dog and went down to the pier today to check out the Sapphire. I'm on the Coral in August and had to get an up close look of a Princess ship to tide me over until then. You couldn't have had a better day, weather wise.

I took my dog and went down to the pier today to check out the Sapphire. I'm on the Coral in August and had to get an up close look of a Princess ship to tide me over until then. You couldn't have had a better day, weather wise.

You left out the most important detail: did the dog like the ship?

You left out the most important detail: did the dog like the ship?

I think I went down there at the wrong time; it was like swimming upstream. Everyone was coming off the ship as we were walking towards it. There was a barricade and he kept jumping up to look at the ship. ;)

840194163_Sapphire4.jpg.9f9607e3566a7f712bb472f4f71b4338.jpg

I was hoping for a photo of the dog . . . !

Wow, the colours in that top photo are amazing! Just gorgeous. Too bad you weren't on the cruise (or were you?); you could submit it to the Princess photo contest.

Here's a couple of pics I took of the Sapphire in San Diego.

princess%20bow-L.jpg

cruise%20ship-L.jpg

9 days from now we'll be on her!

John

Oh man, your pictures make mine look, well, like crap. :D hee hee

Archived