Live form the Sapphire-Coastal April 27th

WendyG

Hi all!

I am sitting in the IC having a delicious latte and enjoying this beautiful ship. We have had smooth sailing so far, it's 63 degrees right now and we are docking in SF as scheduled (as far as I know)

We had our informal M&G yesterday after muster and it was a blast! It started around 3:30 and it continued until midnight! We also won majority rules so we start the cruise out with a fridge magnet! WOOHOO!

Our CC M&G is scheduled today at 10:30 - we invited all the main officers so hopefully they will all show up! :)

We have a wonderful group of cc-ers on here, should prove to be a fabulous week!

I am no Pia :) but I will try to at least let you know how our week goes....and if you have any specific questions, I will do my best to answer them

Bye for now! :D

Thanks, I was just looking over some mouth watering pictures of the IC selections posted this morning. We look forward to your updates. We'll be on the Sapphire for the May 11th sailing to Vancouver.

Have a wonderful cruise!

John

Thanks for posting Wendy. Glad you are getting in to SF possibly on time.

We sail next week so will be reading along.Sounds like your group is fun and active. Our CC roll call is much smaller but seem nice.

I know you like to participate in activities, and can't wait to hear all you are doing.

Please post about any tours you take also.

Have a great week.

Regards,

Gloria:D

Hi all!

I am sitting in the IC having a delicious latte and enjoying this beautiful ship. We have had smooth sailing so far, it's 63 degrees right now and we are docking in SF as scheduled (as far as I know)

We had our informal M&G yesterday after muster and it was a blast! It started around 3:30 and it continued until midnight! We also won majority rules so we start the cruise out with a fridge magnet! WOOHOO!

Our CC M&G is scheduled today at 10:30 - we invited all the main officers so hopefully they will all show up! :)

We have a wonderful group of cc-ers on here, should prove to be a fabulous week!

I am no Pia :) but I will try to at least let you know how our week goes....and if you have any specific questions, I will do my best to answer them

Bye for now! :D

Thanks for posting! Looking forward to reading you! One question..Can you find out if any of the 5 pools are heated? Thank you so much! Enjoy!

Had a great turnout at the meet and greet. Had six officers come (no captain though) and abiut 50 people :)

Stats:

1121 blue

577 gold

314 medallion

565 platinum

217 elite

Most travel days:

1st - 1283

2nd - 882

3rd - 800

Due to higher than normal winds we are docking late in SF. ETA is 2:30

Didn't bring wine on yesterday since we flew in day of and didn't have time to stop but plan to pick some up this afternoon!

Headed under the bridge shortly....picture time!

Will check on heated pools....

Thanks for posting Wendy. Glad you are getting in to SF possibly on time.

We sail next week so will be reading along.Sounds like your group is fun and active. Our CC roll call is much smaller but seem nice.

I know you like to participate in activities, and can't wait to hear all you are doing.

Please post about any tours you take also.

Have a great week.

Regards,

Gloria:D

TY Gloria. :) The only ship tour we have planned is the wine tour in Enseneda. We are booked with Dees tours on Tuesday in Santa Barbara and we shall visit your zoo on Thursday :)

You know we will play as many games as possible....tonight is jeopardy trivia but we have dinner reservations at cliff house later (Dwight and Celeste are driving down to meet us) so not sure we will make it back in time.

Love San Francisco and glad we are staying overnight! :) weather is pretty and cool today but sunny :D

The crew is awesome so far on this ship and we had lunch at Alfredo's for the very first time in all our Princess cruises. Delicious!

Anyone sailing soon....you are in for a real treat.

Ok...docking shortly....time to get ready to go into town!

I know you said that you are going to bring wine on later, but did you happen to see what was being done at embarkation? There has been lots of talk about policy being enforced and not enforced. We are on next week, so take good care of her for us.:)

Hi all! On this ship with Wendy and she's a blast as well as our other CC'ers! So much fun, this ship is wonderful, we have a balcony cabin on Baja which is super!

Alfredo's pizza was delish! We packed 2 bottles of wine in bubble wrap and was in are luggage..had no problems at all. SF is beautiful! I was happy the sea's were not rough at all!:)

did the check for wine at the port?

Even though there was a sign posted prior to security that there would be an alcohol check there was not one. Boarded with 4 bottles of wine for two of us (was willing to pay the $15 corkage fee on two bottles if enforced) but nothing was said and they went through the scanner in an open wine tote.

Those who had booked Sonoma wine tour were told to meet in Princess Theater at 2:30PM. After all had been checked in and seated in theater were advised that the tour had been cancelled by the tour operator. Stated they would try and reschedule for tomorrow morning as departure pushed back to 3PM. Just checked with tour desk and tour not happening tomorrow either.

Wendy,

The Two winery tour (Princess tour) in Ensenada is great...you won't regret it...we had a blast...!!

I second this recommendation. The 80 + year old owner was outside raking rocks with her workers. I had 9 wines to taste and I don't drink. The pizza and breads were very good.

Received a bottle of red wine from the last winery. Didn't have any trouble bringing it back on the ship. They let me carry it straight to my cabin so that I could pack it that night.

I am wondering if Princess will continue this trip to San Francisco. It seems as though the past several cruises have not met their 1 PM arrival. Ours was delayed by five and a half hours.

As you travel south, the weather will get very warm.

Enjoy your cruise. Thanks for going live.

Renee

I am wondering if Princess will continue this trip to San Francisco. It seems as though the past several cruises have not met their 1 PM arrival. Ours was delayed by five and a half hours.

As you travel south, the weather will get very warm.

Enjoy your cruise. Thanks for going live.

Renee

I have been noticing that the "future" California Coastals will have a sea day before San Francisco...probably so they don't have to worry about being late into port -- yes, so sad ours was so delayed hu? :( Plus, they are not going to Catalina...I liked our itinerary even though we were late :D

I have been noticing that the "future" California Coastals will have a sea day before San Francisco and after...probably so they don't have to worry about being late into port -- yes, so sad ours was so delayed hu? :( Plus, they are not going to Catalina...I liked our itinerary even though we were late :D

Thanks for that information. Very interesting. The May 4th cruise is still scheduled. Then after that (Fall), they are not overnighting in San Francisco but have 2 sea days. Really now, Santa Barbara isn't that far away.

As late as we were, at least our weather was perfect for viewing the Golden Gate Bridge. Who will be up at 6 AM or Midnight plus maybe fog. The first time I went under the bridge was breathtaking. The best part of the entire cruise.

I am so glad that I did our voyage too. Now, if they would only cruise into Monterey. I'd do that in a heart beat.

Renee

I thought we will be pulling up near Fisherman's Warf?.. Is that where this is? It's a great pic..thanks for your work!

Glad you like the pic. Yes, Pier 35 is very near Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 which is out of frame to the left. It's only two piers away as all piers north of the Bay Bridge are odd numbered and even numbered south of the bridge. Easily within walking distance.

Archived