FttF Cabins Ready;Platinum Cabins Not Ready

mzloolue

So question?? If I have an ocean suite on the legend and it's says priority boarding - can someone tell me what time or how that hat fits in with the other early boarding groups?

So question?? If I have an ocean suite on the legend and it's says priority boarding - can someone tell me what time or how that hat fits in with the other early boarding groups?

You will board with Platinum/Diamond and be able to use the priority line and/or sitting area at embarkation. You will have the same chance on disembarkation BUT you do not get to go to your cabin right away, priority tendering, etc. You can get the others by purchasing the FTTF option. Have a great cruise!

Since I do not read these boards a lot unless I have a cruise booked I have not keep up with all the FTTF hoopla so pardon me for asking yet another question about this subject!

We are on the Fantasy in 34 days since we are platinum do we just show the steward our S&S card to gain early entrance to our room? Just want to drop off the carry on!

The doors to the cabins will be open. There will be a sign posted stating that Platinum and FTTF cabins are ready. Apparently from the news from the OP, this may or may not be true.

The doors to the cabins will be open. There will be a sign posted stating that Platinum and FTTF cabins are ready. Apparently from the news from the OP, this may or may not be true.

The two sailings (Legend and Breeze) where FTTF was on the ships, the doors to cabins were closed. There were signs saying welcome to FTTF, Diamond and Platinum guests.

The two sailings (Legend and Breeze) where FTTF was on the ships, the doors to cabins were closed. There were signs saying welcome to FTTF, Diamond and Platinum guests.

I believe that the open cabin door means that the cabin is not ready.

The cabin may look ready, but I believe that when it is actually ready the door is closed.

I believe that the open cabin door means that the cabin is not ready.

The cabin may look ready, but I believe that when it is actually ready the door is closed.

You are talking about the door to your actual cabin and other posters are talking about the firedoors to the corridors. The firedoors are CLOSED and have the sign on them about FTTF/Plat/Diamond and those cabin DOORS will be closed. All the other cabin doors will be open as the stewards are cleaning them. Hope this helps to carify the door situation.

We like it when our cabin is ready, if it is ready. So we can drop off our carryon luggage. Don’t like pulling it around. I’m not too concerned when the rest of our luggage gets to our cabin. It almost always gets there by 6 PM.

I have not read anything saying our luggage is guaranteed to be in our cabin. Or that our cabin will be ready. I did read that Carnival will “try” to have things ready. Depending on departures from the previous cruise.

It’s a cruise I’m going to have fun anyway.

I believe he or she is saying that a big pet peeve is how people say that because they experienced something on one cruise that is that way fleet wide on all sailings.

Well, if you are talking about the op, who is me, I never said or indicated that I believed that my experience was universal.

And to perhaps clear things up a bit, I have posted that I have communicated with JH who said that he did not know that this had happened and did not know why it had happened.

He also said that this matter and the reports of FttF being embarked before platinum/diamonds had been discussed and that reminders were sent to all ship and embarkation folk reviewing the how embarkation is supposed to be done.

I don't know.

As for myself, I have platinum status.

I do not tell anyone how many cruises I have been fortunate enough to experience.

It is not important.

I did start this thread to kind of give people a heads up on what might be expected as it might be important to someone.

I don't like surprises or situations when I travel and that is why I research everything as much as possible and visit sites like CC.

I'm sort of old and I have been on some cruises.

There are a lot of things I have not done and a lot of things that I don't have.

It is not a big deal to me.

I'm not rich or famous or special.

When we did our first cruise with our family I did not intend to be platinum.

I thought that it would be a one time thing and it was something that I wanted my kids to experience.

One led to another and here we are.

We just returned on Dream 4/27 cruise. When checking in at 12 we were told room was ready and luggage would be there shortly. Fire doors were closed with notice that platinum and diamond were ready. As for the luggage not so much we finally got ours at 400 seemed strange to me and no they were not sent to the naughty room. Another item to note was that at debarked on return self assist were debarked 35 minutes prior to plat and diamond thought this was strange. We also never received some of our perks either. Just info.

Well FTTF is relatively new for NOLA, so perhaps there was miscommunication. I am not platinum and don't know anyone who is, so I do not know if platinum cabins were ready early or not when we sailed on Conquest in April. However, we had FTTF and our cabin was ready. However, many people tried to dissuade me from going there. When getting off the elevators on Lido (which is where our cabin was), the lady kept directing me to the buffet. I told her I was told my cabin would be ready. She told me it was not (she had no idea where my cabin was of course). I told her it was and kept going. :D When we got to the hallway where the room was, a couple of room stewards said, rooms are not ready. I said, mine is. then I heard one of the other ones say Faster to the Fun. We were just polite but firm.

Our room was ready. The intent was that we would just drop off our carry on and park the stroller, but our bags were already there. I could not get the safe to work so we waited for someone to unlock it and ended up unpacking while we waited. Access to my room immediately was one of the main reasons I got FTTF. Its a good perk. I can see why platinums want it (and deserve it IMO.)

Well FTTF is relatively new for NOLA, so perhaps there was miscommunication. I am not platinum and don't know anyone who is, so I do not know if platinum cabins were ready early or not when we sailed on Conquest in April. However, we had FTTF and our cabin was ready. However, many people tried to dissuade me from going there. When getting off the elevators on Lido (which is where our cabin was), the lady kept directing me to the buffet. I told her I was told my cabin would be ready. She told me it was not (she had no idea where my cabin was of course). I told her it was and kept going. :D When we got to the hallway where the room was, a couple of room stewards said, rooms are not ready. I said, mine is. then I heard one of the other ones say Faster to the Fun. We were just polite but firm.

Our room was ready. The intent was that we would just drop off our carry on and park the stroller, but our bags were already there. I could not get the safe to work so we waited for someone to unlock it and ended up unpacking while we waited. Access to my room immediately was one of the main reasons I got FTTF. Its a good perk. I can see why platinums want it (and deserve it IMO.)

I for one am certainly looking forward to my FTTF cruise in Aug. It's a family reunion cruise so we have it for all 5 cabins. It's not yet available or not offered on my other 2 sailings but will make sure to keep my eye out for it. :)

"So let me tell you about my one experience on my one sailing... XYZ"

"So just fyi All, XYZ is fleetwide."

=My biggest peeve with these boards. :confused:

I don't believe XYZ has gone fleet wide yet. Carnival is testing XYZ out on a couple of ships and if it works out then Carnival may consider offering XYZ on all ships. However, there is some concern that implementing XYZ on the Fantasy class ships might be problematic. However, those issues can be resolved via an upgrade during drydock. So XYZ might go fleet wide except for the Fantasy class ships which will get XYZ after drydock. That is of course if XYZ is well received on the two ships that will be trying it out starting with the first sailing after Memorial Day.

We got off the Freedom last week. We are platinum and when we arrived we were told to go directly to our cabin and that it was ready. We were on board and in our room by 11 AM. I was thinking that since we were going to be early to the port and all the stories about delay getting off because of immigrations that I would be setting waiting just to get on the ship untill 1 PM. But when checking in the girl said that we were platinum and we get our rooms early. Also the luggage were sent throung priority since we were VIP. They were in our room by 1 PM. So everything worked on the Freedom for Platinum. We were happy.

Also we did self assist on leaving. I am glad we did. Immingration only had two lines. We were told by a few other passenger we met later that they didn't get off until after 10 with very long lines.

Well like a sucker I bought fttf, mainly so I can collect everyone in my groups carryon and take them to my room. But, I wonder if I can get on board, go to the gym and do my 3 miles on the treadmill, take a shower and eat lunch before sail away and muster?:)

We got off the Freedom last week. We are platinum and when we arrived we were told to go directly to our cabin and that it was ready. We were on board and in our room by 11 AM. I was thinking that since we were going to be early to the port and all the stories about delay getting off because of immigrations that I would be setting waiting just to get on the ship untill 1 PM. But when checking in the girl said that we were platinum and we get our rooms early. Also the luggage were sent throung priority since we were VIP. They were in our room by 1 PM. So everything worked on the Freedom for Platinum. We were happy.

Also we did self assist on leaving. I am glad we did. Immingration only had two lines. We were told by a few other passenger we met later that they didn't get off until after 10 with very long lines.

Does Freedom have FTTF? I would like to hear experiences from a Priority member on a ship without FTTF.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

well like a sucker i bought fttf, mainly so i can collect everyone in my groups carryon and take them to my room. But, i wonder if i can get on board, go to the gym and do my 3 miles on the treadmill, take a shower and eat lunch before sail away and muster?:)

lol!! :d

i don't believe xyz has gone fleet wide yet. Carnival is testing xyz out on a couple of ships and if it works out then carnival may consider offering xyz on all ships. However, there is some concern that implementing xyz on the fantasy class ships might be problematic. However, those issues can be resolved via an upgrade during drydock. So xyz might go fleet wide except for the fantasy class ships which will get xyz after drydock. That is of course if xyz is well received on the two ships that will be trying it out starting with the first sailing after memorial day.

:) :) :)

Archived