FttF Cabins Ready;Platinum Cabins Not Ready

mzloolue

Once again, read YOUR contract, and how about reading the signs on the great big doors you need to open to even get into the cabin hallways???? They ask you to "stay out"! And yes, your bags are in the way....if they are anywhere on the floor it can't be vacuumed, if they are on beds or tables they can't be wiped down, right?? There is a reason that they ask passengers to wait until 1:30 - 2 pm to go to cabins....and also a reason why it is a "PERK" to go earlier for those who have paid to do so (and may I add, in limited quatities per each ship) and for the other who have earned it by cruising loyalty and have reached Platinum and above. You need to follow rules!

Again you are commenting something you know nothing about. The bag (not bags) are not rolling luggage, but rather book bag type backpacks that fit on the closet shelves (which are not vacuumed or wiped down by the room steward). And again, I once had security helping my find the room steward and NOBODY HAS SAID NO TO ME. Finally - what signs are you referring to? I haven't seen any do not enter signs when I go to the cabin.

Finally, do you believe it is better to leave the bags laying around in the public places where people have to step over the bags because there is no room to put the bags that isn't in someone's way. As to the 1:30 - 2pm issue, they don't want the passengers occupying the cabin until then. I don't occupy the cabin, I'm in and out in about 30 seconds.

I have not broken any rules and I don't leave the bags where they get in anyone's way. Everyone wins.

As to the contract, you read it and you tell me where it says I can't drop off my carry-on in the cabin.

You say no one is responsible for it but you, but if comes up missing you would be down at the CS desk raising ____ in no time.

I would be at lost and found that that is it. My carry-on has some paper work in it and that is it. The other carry-on with valuables in it stays on my back.

It is amazing to me how many people can comment on something that they know absolutely nothing about. I'm not dumb enough to leave valuables in an unlocked cabin.

I'm not saying it's right, but going to you're room to drop off a bag is not the same as being able to go to you're room and relax, which is the perk of platinum.

Exactly!

We just got off the Fascination this past Thursday......we made Platinum on this cruise and YES our rooms were ready upon boarding. Our luggage arrived before we could unpack our carryon.......:D

We had a wonderful cruise......great staff and great ship!!!

May I ask, what time were you able to enter the terminal @ JAX port

Oh my another platinum/diamond FTTF post...yawn!! :cool:

You are obviously not platinum or diamond and so it tires you. For those that are, they care. Just don't read the post if it bores you :D Or book thousands of dollars more in your cruises and then you,as well, can become Platinum and it might not bore you so much.:rolleyes:

So very true. And the sad thing is they couldn't give this perk to Platinum cruisers until they made it a buy in perk for FTTF. Platinum was added only because of that when it could have been a perk all along.

But according to some posters, their room has always been ready when boarding since they became Platinum. I guess that was just for a select few?:confused:

So very true. And the sad thing is they couldn't give this perk to Platinum cruisers until they made it a buy in perk for FTTF. Platinum was added only because of that when it could have been a perk all along.

I don't care how, when or why the FTTF perk was added to Platinum passengers, I am just glad that it was added. It is a great perk, thanks Carnival...

You are obviously not platinum or diamond and so it tires you. For those that are, they care. Just don't read the post if it bores you :D Or book thousands of dollars more in your cruises and then you,as well, can become Platinum and it might not bore you so much.:rolleyes:

I'm Diamond and it bores me. I have no problem with others paying to subsidize my perks..

[/color]

But according to some posters, their room has always been ready when boarding since they became Platinum. I guess that was just for a select few?:confused:

It has been for us since we became platinum about 10 cruises ago.

I don't care how, when or why the FTTF perk was added to Platinum passengers, I am just glad that it was added. It is a great perk, thanks Carnival...

I will enjoy this perk on my 2014 B2B. This past January, FTTF was not yet offered on Freedom so we were not able to go to our cabin when we boarded the ship. There was a sign posted on the entrance to the cabin area saying the rooms would not be ready till 1:30.

We chose to follow their request and not try to be somebody with special privileges. I'll be very happy that we can go to our cabin first this next time.

It has been for us since we became platinum about 10 cruises ago.

For a long time I paid no attention to all things platinum as I figured that I would never be platinum anyway.

I also pay very little attention to diamond stuff as I really don't see being diamond in my future.

But it is odd to me that the FttF rooms were ready and the platinum rooms were not.

And all the cabins were ready at 12:3o, not the usual 1:30.

Maybe they are trying something new.

We just got back from the April 29th sailing of Elation.

(I looked a bit and did not see any threads about this issue.)

Checking in was fine and as we were checking in the lady checking us in told us that the cabins, all the cabins, would be ready at 12:30.

I said that I had read online that on ships with FttF Platinum cabins were supposed to be ready.

She said that I was the first person who had said that, but she had read the same thing.

She said that her co-worker had gone to check to make sure.

The co-worker got back and he said that his supervisor had confirmed that platinum cabins would not be ready early.

He also said that he too had read on line that platinum cabins would be ready like the FttF cabins and that was why he double checked.

When we got onboard we needed to stop at the purser's desk so I asked when the room would be ready and was told 12:30 again.

She said that we could drop off our stuff, but the room would not be ready.

And she was right, it was not ready.

(there were not a lot of vips on this cruise, I saw the list and it looked like 25 cabins maybe)

Interesting hunh?

I have read on here and on JH's facebook that platinum was not losing anything due to FttF and that Platinum would actually be getting the wonderful new perk of having the room guaranteed to be ready immediately on boarding.

Yeah, wonderful new perk, yeah right...

Apparently we have been misinformed...or perhaps disinformed?

Not our experience. In January before the Breeze got the FTTF, there was a sign on the huge doors for a platinum/Diamonds to come in as the cabins were ready for us. This was at approx. 11am.

On a recent Legend cruise which had the FTTF, our cabin was ready upon boarding. We arrived early and our BIl and SIL got zone 1 and boarded shortly after us and their cabin was also ready and they were not Platinum or buy the FTTF.

For a long time I paid no attention to all things platinum as I figured that I would never be platinum anyway.

I also pay very little attention to diamond stuff as I really don't see being diamond in my future.

But it is odd to me that the FttF rooms were ready and the platinum rooms were not.

And all the cabins were ready at 12:3o, not the usual 1:30.

Maybe they are trying something new.

Can't argue with the op's statement. I can say however that on ships where FTTF is offered there are postings when you get on the ship and on the closed door's that state rooms are not ready - except if you are FTTF and or Platinum or Diamond. If the cruiser is any (not just FTTF) of the prementioned, then feel free to enter.

When we got on the Breese on 4/13, it was clearly marked. As we were opening one of the doors around noon, there was a bunch of TA's being given a tour by some Carnival employees (usually done by Business Development Managers). As we opened the doors, the guy giving the tour saw us, and said rooms are not quite ready and we were welcome to go to Lido for lunch. I showed him our Platinum S&S card and mentioned we were Platinum, to which he grabbed the door open for us, said "welcome home" and enjoy your cruise.

Can't argue with the op's statement. I can say however that on ships where FTTF is offered there are postings when you get on the ship and on the closed door's that state rooms are not ready - except if you are FTTF and or Platinum or Diamond. If the cruiser is any (not just FTTF) of the prementioned, then feel free to enter.

When we got on the Breese on 4/13, it was clearly marked. As we were opening one of the doors around noon, there was a bunch of TA's being given a tour by some Carnival employees (usually done by Business Development Managers). As we opened the doors, the guy giving the tour saw us, and said rooms are not quite ready and we were welcome to go to Lido for lunch. I showed him our Platinum S&S card and mentioned we were Platinum, to which he grabbed the door open for us, said "welcome home" and enjoy your cruise.

When we checked in at the platinum lounge, we were told that the rooms for Platinum would not be ready until all the cabins were ready at 12:30.

We verified this at the purser's desk when we got onboard.

So, apparently ymmv.

I'm platinum and it doesn't bother me in the least that others may get some of the same benefits as I do by paying $50. It doesn't take anything away from me. What do I care? I'm sorry, but it sounds childish.

I know that....someone earlier asked if Suites are ready early. I was responding to that person. I don't know how to do quotes, I suppose that would have been helpful, huh? :)

If you are using any kind of PC just click here:

449945747_ScreenShot2013-05-06at2_23_05PM.png.c0e311b340e04f596257ab8890ab42e2.png

Hmmm. So for $2200 I get a balcony, while someone who paid $350 gets priority everything? Nice. I won't make that mistake again. :(

For 2250 they will give u the same perk. U paid 2200 for a balcony they paid 350 for a inside room balconys cost more than inside

Archived