FttF Cabins Ready;Platinum Cabins Not Ready

mzloolue

Just off the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. We are platinum.

There were signs on the large heavy doors that close the hallways saying "Diamond and Platinum guests come on in... your cabins are ready" We went in and our cabin was ready!!

It was approx. 11:45am.

For 2250 they will give u the same perk. U paid 2200 for a balcony they paid 350 for a inside room balconys cost more than inside

I'm aware that they cost more, as they were supposed to include the perks of the priority services. I needed the priority services due to medical issues, so I booked the balcony as that was ALL that was offered when I booked. I'm not paying them another $50 for my room to be ready upon boarding, suites should be ready FIRST anyway for what we pay for them! As I said, this is something we won't be wasting our money on again. I wouldn't have done it the first time had I known that FTTF was coming. It certainly isn't going to ruin our cruise, but it would have been nice to have been given the option when I booked nearly a year and a half ago. Now I know that suites aren't going to get OBC (and most of the people I have come across on our same cruise are getting hundreds in OBC from price drops for their cabins), and that there really are NO perks aside from a balcony we won't likely utilize much, we can cruise much cheaper the 2nd time. Hindsight I guess. HA!

When we checked in at the platinum lounge, we were told that the rooms for Platinum would not be ready until all the cabins were ready at 12:30.

We verified this at the purser's desk when we got onboard.

So, apparently ymmv.

I am not doubting what you were told (hence my opening comment). But, it makes no sense whatsoever for them to do that. I heard from Carnival's own mouth (BDM's on multiple occassions) that they were not going to denegrate platinum at the expense of FTTF. Maybe the memo got lost or they had problems understanding in New Orleans.

Not our experience. In January before the Breeze got the FTTF, there was a sign on the huge doors for a platinum/Diamonds to come in as the cabins were ready for us. This was at approx. 11am.

On a recent Legend cruise which had the FTTF, our cabin was ready upon boarding. We arrived early and our BIl and SIL got zone 1 and boarded shortly after us and their cabin was also ready and they were not Platinum or buy the FTTF.

Hi Mary, We were on the Breeze on March 2 and the porter who took our luggage and the lady that checked us in did not know that platinum and diamond cruisers also got the same perks as cruisers in the fttf program.

I explained to her that we were supposed to go right to our room and after she checked with her supervisor she told us we were correct.

My problem with this whole program is the lack of communication or the misinformation given the Carnival employees.

Hi Mary, We were on the Breeze on March 2 and the porter who took our luggage and the lady that checked us in did not know that platinum and diamond cruisers also got the same perks as cruisers in the fttf program.

I explained to her that we were supposed to go right to our room and after she checked with her supervisor she told us we were correct.

My problem with this whole program is the lack of communication or the misinformation given the Carnival employees.

The porter is not an employee of Carnival.

I'm aware that they cost more, as they were supposed to include the perks of the priority services. I needed the priority services due to medical issues, so I booked the balcony as that was ALL that was offered when I booked. I'm not paying them another $50 for my room to be ready upon boarding, suites should be ready FIRST anyway for what we pay for them! As I said, this is something we won't be wasting our money on again. I wouldn't have done it the first time had I known that FTTF was coming. It certainly isn't going to ruin our cruise, but it would have been nice to have been given the option when I booked nearly a year and a half ago. Now I know that suites aren't going to get OBC (and most of the people I have come across on our same cruise are getting hundreds in OBC from price drops for their cabins), and that there really are NO perks aside from a balcony we won't likely utilize much, we can cruise much cheaper the 2nd time. Hindsight I guess. HA!

Hi TruckinMama,

I don't think priority services come with balconies only suites and up. I may be wrong but I don't think so.. :)

We just got back from the April 29th sailing of Elation.

(I looked a bit and did not see any threads about this issue.)

Checking in was fine and as we were checking in the lady checking us in told us that the cabins, all the cabins, would be ready at 12:30.

I said that I had read online that on ships with FttF Platinum cabins were supposed to be ready.

She said that I was the first person who had said that, but she had read the same thing.

She said that her co-worker had gone to check to make sure.

The co-worker got back and he said that his supervisor had confirmed that platinum cabins would not be ready early.

He also said that he too had read on line that platinum cabins would be ready like the FttF cabins and that was why he double checked.

When we got onboard we needed to stop at the purser's desk so I asked when the room would be ready and was told 12:30 again.

She said that we could drop off our stuff, but the room would not be ready.

And she was right, it was not ready.

(there were not a lot of vips on this cruise, I saw the list and it looked like 25 cabins maybe)

Interesting hunh?

I have read on here and on JH's facebook that platinum was not losing anything due to FttF and that Platinum would actually be getting the wonderful new perk of having the room guaranteed to be ready immediately on boarding.

Yeah, wonderful new perk, yeah right...

Apparently we have been misinformed...or perhaps disinformed?

Sounds like you just had some crap luck...

Sailed twice since they added FTTF and both times our cabin was ready at 11-ish when we boarded and luggage was there, or there within the hour.

At first I was disgruntled about the FTTF program, since I had JUST achieved Platinum.

But the addition of our rooms being ready upon embarkation made me a huge FTTF fan.

Bill

Sounds like you just had some crap luck...

Sailed twice since they added FTTF and both times our cabin was ready at 11-ish when we boarded and luggage was there, or there within the hour.

At first I was disgruntled about the FTTF program, since I had JUST achieved Platinum.

But the addition of our rooms being ready upon embarkation made me a huge FTTF fan.

Bill

You said it much better than I....;)

We also had table 363 on the Elation last August. It was the worse for us too. We were all platinum and never had issues like this in the dining room. Not only was the table in a terrible place, our service was horrible. The waiters were not friendly, they forgot to bring us bread and forgot some appetizers. For us, dinner is a major part of our cruises, so this was a huge disappointment for us. I mentioned it to one of the assistant maitre ds and she just said it was crowded. We changed and did Anytime and found a very nice waitress which we got every time after. It didnt ruin our cruise, but it was a first! I was shocked when I saw your post about table 363 and had to add my 2 cents!!

On the Elation, the balconies ARE suites. :)

Unless something has changed not all balcony rooms on the Elation are suites. When we sailed a few years ago they had balcony rooms and balcony suites.

Haha, I saw you guys in Cozumel...

My cabin on the Paradise was ready early, but who really cares... the buffet was open!

But... Your room being ready early is NOT a listed benefit of Platinum status... it's nice, but not a requirement/benefit, so relax.

Unless something has changed not all balcony rooms on the Elation are suites. When we sailed a few years ago they had balcony rooms and balcony suites.

The Elation has never had regular balcony cabins. The only way to get a balcony on the Elation has always been to get a suite.

The Elation has never had regular balcony cabins. The only way to get a balcony on the Elation has always been to get a suite.

Ok.... then it must not be a greet suite, because we had one and I was not impressed--- of course she is an older ship.

Ok.... then it must not be a greet suite, because we had one and I was not impressed--- of course she is an older ship.

You are correct about this. The junior suites on the Fantasy class ships are glorified balcony cabins with a small balcony.

Elation has never had regular balconies, only with a suite

The porter is not an employee of Carnival.

Your right she is not an employee of Carnival but she takes the luggage for Carnival cruisers and she should be getting Carnival instructions on how to handle Carnival cruisers.

The lady that checked us in, technically is also not a carnival employee, usually they are another company that Carnival hires. All this is irrelevant as my point was the lack of proper communication.

May I ask, what time were you able to enter the terminal @ JAX port

We were driving and had made better time than we anticipated so we arrived at 10:00, but they said we were too early and turned us around and said to come back at 11:00. We knew from previous experience that we would probably be able to get in around 10:30 so we returned and they were letting people in.

I would definitely not try to get there any earlier than 10:30. Hope this helps

JH addressed this on facebook this afternoon. Platinum/Diamond board first followed by FTTF. Doorways to the cabin areas should have signage that allows platinum/Diamond & FTTF pax to get to their cabins.

So both platinum/diamond & FTTF pax board ahead of thousands of other pax. I hope everyone is at least content if not happy. :D I am..

We also had table 363 on the Elation last August. It was the worse for us too. We were all platinum and never had issues like this in the dining room. Not only was the table in a terrible place, our service was horrible. The waiters were not friendly, they forgot to bring us bread and forgot some appetizers. For us, dinner is a major part of our cruises, so this was a huge disappointment for us. I mentioned it to one of the assistant maitre ds and she just said it was crowded. We changed and did Anytime and found a very nice waitress which we got every time after. It didnt ruin our cruise, but it was a first! I was shocked when I saw your post about table 363 and had to add my 2 cents!!

That is really interesting.

It is a horrible table and I am glad to hear someone else's perception of good old 363!

Our waiters were very nice and friendly and their service was good.

They were working very hard.

For us most of the problem was that two of those big tables were one party.

One very very loud semi-drunk party.

And the tables are so close that I was seated backing up to a guy about 18 inches away who was yelling to folks.

Not just talking loud.

I used to teach school and had lunch room duty at times.

Those people were louder than hundreds of kids.

Oh, and there was a speaker right over my head too.

If I was assigned to 363 I would get it changed.

Seriously!

On the other hand, the buffet food was much improved on Elation.:rolleyes:

No, it really was quite nice if we got there when they first put the food out.

Big deal. I've been doing that for years and I'm not platinum (yet). Just make sure your room steward knows what you are doing so (s)he doesn't think the stuff you dropped off is from the prior cruise.

They are now closing the fire doors so you can even get to your cabin before the cabins are ready

Your right she is not an employee of Carnival but she takes the luggage for Carnival cruisers and she should be getting Carnival instructions on how to handle Carnival cruisers.

The lady that checked us in, technically is also not a carnival employee, usually they are another company that Carnival hires. All this is irrelevant as my point was the lack of proper communication.

Just making a clarification as to who is or is not an employee or Carnival. Porters have no idea on what is done or not done on a ship.

I did communicate with JH.

He says that ships and embarkation folk are being sent a reminder that Platinum/Diamonds are to embark before FttF and that Platinum/Diamond cabins are to be ready upon boarding.

Archived