FttF Cabins Ready;Platinum Cabins Not Ready

mzloolue

We just got back from the April 29th sailing of Elation.

(I looked a bit and did not see any threads about this issue.)

Checking in was fine and as we were checking in the lady checking us in told us that the cabins, all the cabins, would be ready at 12:30.

I said that I had read online that on ships with FttF Platinum cabins were supposed to be ready.

She said that I was the first person who had said that, but she had read the same thing.

She said that her co-worker had gone to check to make sure.

The co-worker got back and he said that his supervisor had confirmed that platinum cabins would not be ready early.

He also said that he too had read on line that platinum cabins would be ready like the FttF cabins and that was why he double checked.

When we got onboard we needed to stop at the purser's desk so I asked when the room would be ready and was told 12:30 again.

She said that we could drop off our stuff, but the room would not be ready.

And she was right, it was not ready.

(there were not a lot of vips on this cruise, I saw the list and it looked like 25 cabins maybe)

Interesting hunh?

I have read on here and on JH's facebook that platinum was not losing anything due to FttF and that Platinum would actually be getting the wonderful new perk of having the room guaranteed to be ready immediately on boarding.

Yeah, wonderful new perk, yeah right...

Apparently we have been misinformed...or perhaps disinformed?

Thanks for posting this. We are on Fascination in 4 weeks, and FTTF is now available in Jacksonville. DW and I are usually some of the earliest to arrive at the Terminal. Hopefully, as Platinum, our room will be ready. If not, it will be as it normally is, as we have never been able to go to our room early since reaching Platinum 6 cruises ago.

Big deal. I've been doing that for years and I'm not platinum (yet). Just make sure your room steward knows what you are doing so (s)he doesn't think the stuff you dropped off is from the prior cruise.

Thanks for posting this. We are on Fascination in 4 weeks, and FTTF is now available in Jacksonville. DW and I are usually some of the earliest to arrive at the Terminal. Hopefully, as Platinum, our room will be ready. If not, it will be as it normally is, as we have never been able to go to our room early since reaching Platinum 6 cruises ago.

We just got off the Fascination this past Thursday......we made Platinum on this cruise and YES our rooms were ready upon boarding. Our luggage arrived before we could unpack our carryon.......:D

We had a wonderful cruise......great staff and great ship!!!

Other than the fact that your cabin was ready when you expected, did you have a good time?

I enjoyed my cruise, thank you.

We were assigned possibly the worst table in the history of cruising.

I only went to dinner twice which is really unusual for me.

It is table 363 and it is right in the middle of four big tables.

If I was assigned this table again I would get it changed.

And we had cabin E175, which was in a really great location.

but it was really too noisy to sleep much the first two nights.

They must have been working on something with pounding and knocking and things dropping at 3 in the morning.

We got a letter in the room offering to change us to another cabin when we got back late on night 3.

It was too late to change that night and fortunately the noise calmed down for the rest of the cruise.

Other than that all was cool.

Big deal. I've been doing that for years and I'm not platinum (yet). Just make sure your room steward knows what you are doing so (s)he doesn't think the stuff you dropped off is from the prior cruise.

The big deal is if everyone did this the poor room stewards would never get finished! They leave the doors opened until they complete a room so not only did you interrupt their cleaning, now they are responsible for an open room with your stuff in it!

The big deal is if everyone did this the poor room stewards would never get finished! They leave the doors opened until they complete a room so not only did you interrupt their cleaning, now they are responsible for an open room with your stuff in it!

Nobody is responsible for my stuff except me (read your cruise contract). If you don't know what is going on - then don't comment.

We always print out Carnival Luggage Tags for our carry on's too just in case we get separated from them. This would also help the room steward identify the bags are for the current cruise. Just a thought!

We just got back from the April 29th sailing of Elation.

(I looked a bit and did not see any threads about this issue.)

Checking in was fine and as we were checking in the lady checking us in told us that the cabins, all the cabins, would be ready at 12:30.

I said that I had read online that on ships with FttF Platinum cabins were supposed to be ready.

She said that I was the first person who had said that, but she had read the same thing.

She said that her co-worker had gone to check to make sure.

The co-worker got back and he said that his supervisor had confirmed that platinum cabins would not be ready early.

He also said that he too had read on line that platinum cabins would be ready like the FttF cabins and that was why he double checked.

When we got onboard we needed to stop at the purser's desk so I asked when the room would be ready and was told 12:30 again.

And she was right, it was not ready.

(there were not a lot of vips on this cruise, I saw the list and it looked like 25 cabins maybe)

Interesting hunh?

I have read on here and on JH's facebook that platinum was not losing anything due to FttF and that Platinum would actually be getting the wonderful new perk of having the room guaranteed to be ready immediately on boarding.

Yeah, wonderful new perk, yeah right...

Apparently we have been misinformed...or perhaps disinformed?

Same situation on the Paradise. Was advised room would be ready at 12:30pm.

I enjoyed my cruise, thank you.

We were assigned possibly the worst table in the history of cruising.

I only went to dinner twice which is really unusual for me.

It is table 363 and it is right in the middle of four big tables.

If I was assigned this table again I would get it changed.

And we had cabin E175, which was in a really great location.

but it was really too noisy to sleep much the first two nights.

They must have been working on something with pounding and knocking and things dropping at 3 in the morning.

We got a letter in the room offering to change us to another cabin when we got back late on night 3.

It was too late to change that night and fortunately the noise calmed down for the rest of the cruise.

Other than that all was cool.

Did you mention this noise to Guest services? I'm just curious because they usually tell people that there is no room to switch to.

I had a horrible room on the Dream last summer and not one of us 3 slept the first 2 nights or days but after waiting for the noise to pass (and the constant shaking like it was an earthquake) I went to guest services practically in tears from not sleeping and having a severe flare up of my fibromyalgia- not only did they not believe me and the guest services came to the room but after she witnessed the constant banging and shaking at 5pm, she said there was nothing to do. I was a bit upset that they even bothered to sell our cabin at full price.

Did you mention this noise to Guest services? I'm just curious because they usually tell people that there is no room to switch to.

I had a horrible room on the Dream last summer and not one of us 3 slept the first 2 nights or days but after waiting for the noise to pass (and the constant shaking like it was an earthquake) I went to guest services practically in tears from not sleeping and having a severe flare up of my fibromyalgia- not only did they not believe me and the guest services came to the room but after she witnessed the constant banging and shaking at 5pm, she said there was nothing to do. I was a bit upset that they even bothered to sell our cabin at full price.

I had a cabin that shook very early in the morning.

The first night we just laid there and listened to the noises.

It started out knocking and then banging and then it at three in the morning was like all hell breaking loose.

On the second night DH said that since he was not able to sleep he was going down to the purser's desk to talk to them.

I think they knew what the noise was.

As a non-platunum cruiser nor an FTTF guest I have never had an opportunity to get into my cabin early. I think the earliest on 13 cruises was about 2:00, on 4 different cruise lines.

I'm hoping that being platinum on our upcoming cruise will change that.

However, If I find out that someone who has cruised for the first time on CCL and bought FTTF got into their cabin before me I will most certainly raise a major stink about it.

Doesn't pay to get to "the status" if there is nothing for you other then a ball cap.

In New Orleans, the FttF people don't share the same check in line as the Platinum/Diamonds and don't board at the same time.

Which is a good.

On this trip we were able to board right after the wedding folks and things were very organized and efficient.

The unready cabin is not a deal breaker, but I appreciate being given accurate information.

I understand when we get information sideways on CC that mmmv, but when Carnival is putting out the info and what they said is not what they did, it is not cool.

Sounds like people want to get in the room when the beds are still warm from the prior occupants.

That said, I have FTTF booked for May 25th.:p

I have FTTF on my Victory cruise and will enjoy it to the fullest. Please let me know how the program works for you....

Archived