Pinnacle Grill ??

My DH also wears a tuxedo on formal nights no matter whether we are in the dining room or the Pinnacle (or Tamarind on the Signature ships).

Now that I have to use a walker/rollator - I can no longer wear a floor length skirt -- but I do have 3/4 length fancy skirts and do wear fancy tops.

Sounds like us. We enjoy putting on the dog. Playing dress up is not for everyone I know but we have a blast and spoil ourselves :D

Husband has been hunting for "nautical" accessories for his tux for this cruise. Very fun. :p

MS]And we have seen men with no tie -- no jackets -- and the Pinnacle manager never said anything to them -- they were just seated at a table.[/font]

This is our experience, as well.

We have dined in the Pinnacle on formal nights.

And we have seen men with no tie -- no jackets -- and the Pinnacle manager never said anything to them -- they were just seated at a table.

Rules are getting relaxed way too often on HAL just to keep the paying passengers happy.

This has been our experience as well.

Sounds like us. We enjoy putting on the dog. Playing dress up is not for everyone I know but we have a blast and spoil ourselves :D

Husband has been hunting for "nautical" accessories for his tux for this cruise. Very fun. :p

When we worked, there were many functions that we had to attend where we had to be dressed up.

Years ago DH found a pair of cuff links that are little boats.

May I suggest he look at Ben Silver catalog and/or on line at www.bensilver.com. :)

Just recently, on the Maasdam, I have seen men with no jackets, men in sweaters, and one man in a Hawaiian shirt on formal night.Some of the managers don't enforce the code, but many do.

I had to laugh a little at the Hawaiian shirt, only because the ushers at our church usually wear those, and DH and I joke about him having formal Hawaiian shirts.:D

But he will be wearing a jacket and tie for our upcoming cruise.

Younger men look fine IMO wearing crips, pressed oxford/long sleeve shirts untucked but I don't like that look on older gents. JMO

I think the Hawaiian - Tommy Bahama sort shirts are designed with the intention for them to be worn out and just my taste but I think that look is better on more senior gentlemen.

Men can have a difficult time finding shirts that fit their physique. I have learned this through experience buying for a man who hates clothes shopping and is an impossible fit. :rolleyes: Athletic, weight lifter builds in particular can be a bit challenging. Either the neck and biceps are too small or the shirt looks like a tent, it's infuriating. I never knew his clothes shopping would be harder than mine. :p

For casual times, my husband finds solid color "camp shirts" particularly comfortable and they look nice on him and are generally a good fit all around if they are quality. He has some special Hawaiian shirts he wears on tropical vacations. As long as a man looks well groomed, in good physical shape, and not out of fashion for his time and place, I give him credit for being ahead of the curve. :)

We have dined in the Pinnacle on formal nights.

And we have seen men with no tie -- no jackets -- and the Pinnacle manager never said anything to them -- they were just seated at a table.

Rules are getting relaxed way too often on HAL just to keep the paying passengers happy.

And like it or not, that's exactly who has to be kept happy. No happy cruisers, no full ships, no more cruise line.

Cruising aboard Amsterdam next week with my son and we want to avoid taking formal night clothes on this cruise. ( 6 day Pacific coastal ).

I know the "rules" on formal nights but am wondering about other nights in the Pinnacle Grill. Is smart casual (tie but no jacket) ok. I do not want to miss out on the Pinnacle experience, I love it. :)

Thanks.

We ate in the Pinnacle Grill every night after the first as we were disappointed with the MDR in all aspects. Except for formal night (we dressed formal) we dressed "dressy", my DH wore a tie some nights, some nights he wore an open collar but with a sports coat. I wore dressy pants with a nice blouse or a silk shell w/sweater with some beading, or pearls etc. We LOVED the Pinnacle Grill.

Archived