Crusinmama Breaks down the Breakaway for Families

I haven't talked about the call system in Breakaway Splash Academy yet. They said that the parent wears something like a watch AND you can talk back and forth with the counselors if they need you. This would replace the old cell system on other ships (and older beeper system).

It is ONLY for the younger children and any child with a special need.

We didn't get to see them in action - but they sound very cool! And I am sorry but I don't know when exactly they will be starting this. They could already be onboard and in use.

Edited by crusinmama06

Cruisinmamma..We are sailing in July. I have older teens but my sister has 3 boys under 9. Do you have the breakdown of what ages are for each group. She is worried they wont have as much fun ad they did on the Disney Dream but we keep telling her that the kids clubs are fantastic, although most of our kids club experience comes from RCCL but Im sure NCL new ships are just as good. Can you or anyone with experience please let me know. Thanks so much.

Do you know if the mini suites have the black out curtain btw bed and sofa and does the sofa turn around like on other ships?

No black out curtain - a video tour was just posted here. And I don't think the couch can be turned around - it looks like the back of it is screwed into the wall. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848593

Yes, very sad there is no curtain. Not sure what we will do with our 3yo and 1yo any ideas? The bed is near the door and there is a Pullman from the ceiling. I'm affraid to have 3yo on sofa so close to 1 yo...she can climb into the pack n play. I might be on sofa with 3yp in bed with hubby?

Thanks for posting these. My 10 year old can not wait to go but my 15 year old is being a grumpy teenager. He thinks all he is going to do is sleep in the cabin or watch TV and east at the buffet.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Hi Cruisinmama,

Is the charge for the late night fun zone assessed per family when they say $6 for the first child and $4 each additional. Or is it per age group? (Sorry if this sounds confusing)

Thanks for the dailies on Splash btw!!! :D

Thank you sooo much for posting the kids club information. My 2 nephews will be in the 6 - 9 age group. Their brother will be 3 months shy of 6 and in the 3-5 age group. Is there any way that he can be moved with his other 2 brothers being he is only a few months away from the next group?

Thank you!!

Edited by js

Hi Cruisinmama,

Is the charge for the late night fun zone assessed per family when they say $6 for the first child and $4 each additional. Or is it per age group? (Sorry if this sounds confusing)

Thanks for the dailies on Splash btw!!! :D

Not confusing - if I understand what you mean - for instance - when the late night fun zone begins if you have two children still there at Splash Academy then you will be billed $6.00 per hour for the first child and $4.00 per hour for the 2nd.

So two children will cost you $10.00 per hour during the late night fun zone (after 10:30 pm).

One child is just $6.00 per hour.

Thank you sooo much for posting the kids club information. My 2 nephews will be in the 6 - 9 age group. Their brother will be 3 months shy of 6 and in the 3-5 age group. Is there any way that he can be moved with his other 2 brothers being he is only a few months away from the next group?

Thank you!!

JS - Norwegian is strict with their policy. It doesn't matter how close a child is to the next age bracket - they do not slide anyone up. The good news is - there is a "free play" where those ages DO play together. I know that my girls who are in two different age brackets did get some time together. But otherwise - prepare the boys that they will have their own groups.

I'm trying to find some I go about all the kid activities slides, planks, golf, rock wall, trampoline. Also am I correct to assume these are all free for the kids to enjoy?? Thanks for posting the activity pages, that was helpful. We have 10 kids ages 2, 10-13 and a 16yo.

I'm trying to find some I go about all the kid activities slides, planks, golf, rock wall, trampoline. Also am I correct to assume these are all free for the kids to enjoy?? Thanks for posting the activity pages, that was helpful. We have 10 kids ages 2, 10-13 and a 16yo.

All free and pictured here in this review (page 1 and 2)

The only charges are for the bowling (not pictured)

Edited by crusinmama06

Thanks for posting these. My 10 year old can not wait to go but my 15 year old is being a grumpy teenager. He thinks all he is going to do is sleep in the cabin or watch TV and east at the buffet.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

If I was 15 and going on a ship like this for vacation, all I would think about is GIRLS, GIRLS, and more GIRLS!! Have you showed him the videos of the Breakaway? You can find them on the NCL site OR YouTube...SLEEP AND WATCH TV?????? Tell him I will take his place if he's that clueless...how about the water slides? How about Rock Of Ages ( may not be appropriate if you are strict- "F" bomb several times & simulated sex a few times apparently..), Ping-Pong, TEEN CLUB ( Girls!!) , Fireworks show, and sooooo much more..I took my 15 yr.old nephew and 2 nieces, 14 & 15 on a Carnival Spring Break cruise 10 years ago..they say it is STILL the greatest vacation they have ever taken and STILL talk about it today..and that was a ship that is no where near as nice as this one!! Seriously, the 3 of them NEVER stop talking about that cruise ( also because Uncle Alan paid for it, maybe??)...tell him to call Big Al, and I'll get him excited to go on the Breakaway!!!

Big Al

If I was 15 and going on a ship like this for vacation, all I would think about is GIRLS, GIRLS, and more GIRLS!! Have you showed him the videos of the Breakaway? You can find them on the NCL site OR YouTube...SLEEP AND WATCH TV?????? Tell him I will take his place if he's that clueless...how about the water slides? How about Rock Of Ages ( may not be appropriate if you are strict- "F" bomb several times & simulated sex a few times apparently..), Ping-Pong, TEEN CLUB ( Girls!!) , Fireworks show, and sooooo much more..I took my 15 yr.old nephew and 2 nieces, 14 & 15 on a Carnival Spring Break cruise 10 years ago..they say it is STILL the greatest vacation they have ever taken and STILL talk about it today..and that was a ship that is no where near as nice as this one!! Seriously, the 3 of them NEVER stop talking about that cruise ( also because Uncle Alan paid for it, maybe??)...tell him to call Big Al, and I'll get him excited to go on the Breakaway!!!

Big Al

Pablo the penquin scared him for life on the Gem so he is anti Entrouge. He will come around. No interest in girls as of now. He is happy we are renting a boat while in Bermuda.

Moody teenager.

Stupid question.... on average did you wait to be seated for dnner and how long were you in the restaraunts? I think I will want to see some shows ROA for 7:00, drop my DD at at splash first and wondering what time I should make a dinner reservation for.

Thoughts?

Stupid question.... on average did you wait to be seated for dnner and how long were you in the restaraunts? I think I will want to see some shows ROA for 7:00, drop my DD at at splash first and wondering what time I should make a dinner reservation for.

Thoughts?

No - we didn't wait to be seated at all. And that goes back to all of our experiences with Norwegian.