Crusinmama Breaks down the Breakaway for Families

Thanks for all the great info! We are leaving on the 30th with our 2 boys (11 &9). What is the dress code for kids at the specialty restaurants and cirque? Thanks so much!

Norwegian is not picky with children's attire. This is from their own "what to pack"

Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly.

• 1 month later...
Oh and one more food for thought ;) Yes I always think of these things late at night when I should be sleeping.

We were in a QUAD balcony. If we would have had the bed dropped from the ceiling - how could we have gotten into the closet? It was a VERY tight squeeze as it was with just the couch there. If the kids had been with us - and the bed was lowered - the closet would be blocked.

Check the deck plans and decide which is better for you when booking your quad.

4BFBE313-D41D-4802-BF2F-698221B5DE4B-3279-000001D33B5DB58A.jpg

THANKS for this fabulous review, Crusinmama! :D

We're going to be in a QUAD balcony. Does the closet door slide or open in/out? Other than the closet, what kind of storage space is there for storing clothes?

Hijack here. We were in a quad balcony and the beds were right against the closet. It was a pretty stupid design. The front part (closest to the room) had the safe and some shelves. The back part of the closet was the hanging part. You really couldn't get to it with the bed down but we made due. There was lots of storage where I put the kids stuff under the tv. Dh and I used the shelves on the closet. That was easy enough to do.

Hijack here. We were in a quad balcony and the beds were right against the closet. It was a pretty stupid design. The front part (closest to the room) had the safe and some shelves. The back part of the closet was the hanging part. You really couldn't get to it with the bed down but we made due. There was lots of storage where I put the kids stuff under the tv. Dh and I used the shelves on the closet. That was easy enough to do.

Feel free to high jack and you confirmed exactly what I kept saying to my husband! :D I said "If the kids were here and the beds were dropped - HOW would we get to our closet????"

I really don't like that design. You are exactly right!

Thank you so much for your review! It has cleared up a lot of things for us. I have a question about the arcade. Where is it located in relation to the kids area? Is it something the kids will have access to while they are signed in, or will it only be with adult supervision (age 8)? Just want to make sure it's a little more controlled for our son :) thanks!

Here is the new Splash Academy on Deck 12

BC58F844-8EB8-425A-906C-933921FCE3A1-3279-000001D19092BC96.jpg

I think NCL must have stock in this wall paper. It was on the Star too (I think it was the Star). LOL

I'm so glad someone bumped this thread. I obviously missed it when you posted it and I have been in and out on these boards randomly during school. I think I must have been on our Dream cruise back when you posted this and maybe that's why I missed it.

Love the pictures and thanks so much for taking the time to post them.

I'm glad I read this thread. I know that our DD will love this ship, but with the height limit on several things of 48", I think we'll be waiting another year or two to book it. Hopefully by then, the prices will come down. She's only 44" now and I would hate to go and her not be able to do everything.

Mamamig. The arcade is located on floor 15 aft. Right next to the rock wall area. Splash academy is 12 and 13 for the older kids. No access to the arcade during splash time. Only on your own time. It seemed nice- my ds11 loved it. He also enjoyed the one down in osheehans as well as those were more sports games.

I think NCL must have stock in this wall paper. It was on the Star too (I think it was the Star). LOL

I'm so glad someone bumped this thread. I obviously missed it when you posted it and I have been in and out on these boards randomly during school. I think I must have been on our Dream cruise back when you posted this and maybe that's why I missed it.

Love the pictures and thanks so much for taking the time to post them.

I'm glad I read this thread. I know that our DD will love this ship, but with the height limit on several things of 48", I think we'll be waiting another year or two to book it. Hopefully by then, the prices will come down. She's only 44" now and I would hate to go and her not be able to do everything.

Well I am glad you found it :) Welcome back from Dream.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for your review! Cant wait to sail breakaway soon. We are back on the Epic again this fall with family that haven't been on it yet. I appreciate the Guppies agenda. I have been looking for one to show my sister and brother the types of activities available for under 3's. Breakaway looks like a great ship.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, going to be that guy that bumps an old thread. But we all know that Cruisinmama is the expert on this stuff

1 - Do they have Apple Juice available throughout the day? Our youngest lives on it.

2 - Do you need to bring the kids with you to sign them up for the Kids Club and does everyone who is able to sign them out (spouse, grandparents) need to go to the initial signup as well?

Sorry, going to be that guy that bumps an old thread. But we all know that Cruisinmama is the expert on this stuff

1 - Do they have Apple Juice available throughout the day? Our youngest lives on it.

2 - Do you need to bring the kids with you to sign them up for the Kids Club and does everyone who is able to sign them out (spouse, grandparents) need to go to the initial signup as well?

You can be that guy ;)

There was apple juice available in the morning in the MDRs - but as far as "all day" - places like the Garden Cafe have that flavored water

This stuff (thanks to Friend Dawn - I borrowed her photo) is available all day. Maybe your daughter will find a flavor she likes?

u3etazu6.jpg

And as far as sign ups. Yes - bring the child with you to the sign up. You are going to need their card anyway. And for us - I like to bring my girls - say hi to everyone. Take a look around together as a family. And this will be your only opportunity to do that.

You asked about the "Who is allowed to sign them out?" - they scanned my card when I signed my daughter in - I don't know how many signers they will accept (grandparents).

My family and I have sailed the RCI oasis class ships and LOVED them, but unfortunately this year they are a little out of our price range.

The rates on the Getaway seem to be more reasonable. Has anyone sailed both these class ships and may be able to give me some feedback wth how they compare?

• 1 month later...
You can be that guy ;)

There was apple juice available in the morning in the MDRs - but as far as "all day" - places like the Garden Cafe have that flavored water

This stuff (thanks to Friend Dawn - I borrowed her photo) is available all day. Maybe your daughter will find a flavor she likes?

u3etazu6.jpg

And as far as sign ups. Yes - bring the child with you to the sign up. You are going to need their card anyway. And for us - I like to bring my girls - say hi to everyone. Take a look around together as a family. And this will be your only opportunity to do that.

You asked about the "Who is allowed to sign them out?" - they scanned my card when I signed my daughter in - I don't know how many signers they will accept (grandparents).

The system is set up to accept 4 individuals to sign kids out. We sailed with Myself, DH, DH's ex wife and her husband. All four of us were on my step kids splash academy registration as well as my dd. They labeled all 4 of us as parents but had options for aunt/uncle/grandparent/friend for the relationship to the child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...