SAS Transportation

NanaBell

I have used SAS Transportation 3 times now out of FLL to MIA and back and they were fine but lately I have been reading A LOT of bad reviews, can I get some more input from those of you that have used them lately? I am bringing a party of 8 new cruisers and really want it to go well! Thanks in advance ;)

I have used SAS Transportation 3 times now out of FLL to MIA and back and they were fine but lately I have been reading A LOT of bad reviews, can I get some more input from those of you that have used them lately? I am bringing a party of 8 new cruisers and really want it to go well! Thanks in advance ;)

I used them in late December / early January and had no issues. I'm sure someone else has used them more recently.

I booked them for our Breeze cruise last month, prior to the cruise, had a confirmation for RT transfers. We landed in FLL, called, and they came to pick us up and brought us to the POM. HOWEVER, after we got off the Breeze, I called them, and they had NO record of us. Now mind you, when the guy dropped us off, he CLEARLY said, When you get off the ship, just call this number, and we'll be there.........Only a small issue. Waited maybe 20 minutes and they showed up, but they made it a point to let us know that we didn't have a reservation, even though I had a confirmation, on PAPER. I won't use them again.

I booked them for our Breeze cruise last month, prior to the cruise, had a confirmation for RT transfers. We landed in FLL, called, and they came to pick us up and brought us to the POM. HOWEVER, after we got off the Breeze, I called them, and they had NO record of us. Now mind you, when the guy dropped us off, he CLEARLY said, When you get off the ship, just call this number, and we'll be there.........Only a small issue. Waited maybe 20 minutes and they showed up, but they made it a point to let us know that we didn't have a reservation, even though I had a confirmation, on PAPER. I won't use them again.

I had a similar type of problem with SAS. When our ship embarked I called them to let them know I was clearing customs and waited for over 45-minutes before they finally showed up (this was a prearranged shuttle). I was almost going to catch a cab to FLL when a friend of ours on the same cruise said they found a an SAS shuttle which turned out to be the one that I prearranged. It appears some SAS drivers are willing to pick random customers ahead of those who prearranged.

We used them last month. Unlike other posters above, the driver called us a few minutes after the plane landed as well as soon after debarkation started. Both times he told us he'd pick us up in a few minutes. He did.

We have used them four times now without any incidents.

I had e-mailed SAS while in the planning stages of our cruise. After several days, I finally got an e-mail back that really didn't answer any of my questions. I just got a bad vibe. I then called QLS and received excellent customer service, plus they stated they could give us a 9am pick-up time which was great as we wanted to get to the port early. Good customer service goes a long way. Here is the link for a thread with a post of our QLS experience. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834351&highlight=qls+review

We had a couple on our roll call that used SAS and had a bad experience with them. They used them for FLL airport pick-up to their Miami pre-cruise hotel and apparently they stuffed the van full and they ended up being the very last stop, hence taking over 2 hours to arrive.

:)

Try MJS Transportation. We just used them to transport us from FLL to Miami downtown hotel the day before our cruise. (and abck to FLL after cruise)This is a great new company that has brand new Mercedes-Benz vans and very good rates ($13 pp each way). Drivers are polite, professional, prompt. I highly recommend this company

Used SAS in Nov. We were still ON the plane when they called and said they were waiting on us (and our plane landed early). We had to wait forever for our luggage (at FLL) and when we got to the van, our drive was getting an earful from a cop b/c he was sitting at the curb for too long. Apparently, he was waiting on us so the van would be full before heading into Miami.

Upon disembarkation, I called when going through customs and I was told 15 minutes. It was probably a little longer but it was b/c the driver was also picking up passengers from 2 other cruise ships.

I had e-mailed SAS while in the planning stages of our cruise. After several days, I finally got an e-mail back that really didn't answer any of my questions. I just got a bad vibe. I then called QLS and received excellent customer service, plus they stated they could give us a 9am pick-up time which was great as we wanted to get to the port early. Good customer service goes a long way. Here is the link for a thread with a post of our QLS experience. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1834351&highlight=qls+review

You sound like me. I have never used SAS but I did email them and QLS for our prior cruise (April '12) and used QLS (just an around better feeling from them as well as response) and will be using them again for our March '14 cruise- I have nothing but great things to say about them- JMO :D

Biggest thing I can say is that you just need to realize ahead of time what you're getting... A shared ride, in a van that they can pack pretty tight if they so choose (did one trip I uses then and didn't the other), and you may have to wait for them to pick up others or drop others off first. If you can accept that, they're a really good deal!

Biggest thing I can say is that you just need to realize ahead of time what you're getting... A shared ride, in a van that they can pack pretty tight if they so choose (did one trip I uses then and didn't the other), and you may have to wait for them to pick up others or drop others off first. If you can accept that, they're a really good deal!

They may be a good deal but when other shuttle companies are offering better service at the same rate it kind of boosts the equation.

I have to say that QLS used what is slightly larger than a van, kind of a shuttle, BUT each person that reserved had thier own seat. Wheather it's a van or not, any shuttle service should not reserve more passengers than their vehicle can comfortalby hold, nor should they reserve so many guests that it impacts their service, quality or wait time.

At POM, our QLS shuttle dropped off and picked up at 2 other ships and it was quick and easy. Even those passengers at the very last ship, on debark day, had thier own seats. In addition, they were on time picking us up and upon debark, were there within 15-20 min of us going through customs.

I'm honestly not trying to boost one shuttle company over another but the reason that we didn't go with SAS was due to several comments here on CC about wait time, low customer service and sub-par quality of the actual service. I, myself had to wait days for a return e-mail from them when all I had to do was pick up the phone and call QLS and in less than 5 min had my questions answered and our reservation reserved. Good customer service at the beginning of any transaction is sometime a predeterminer of what follows.

It may be that SAS is getting too big for their britches and their quality is beginning to suffer. It's too bad as when I first joined CC, a few years back, SAS had great reviews as was the shuttle company to use when sailing out of POM.

They may be a good deal but when other shuttle companies are offering better service at the same rate it kind of boosts the equation.

It may be that SAS is getting too big for their britches and their quality is beginning to suffer. It's too bad as when I first joined CC, a few years back, SAS had great reviews as was the shuttle company to use when sailing out of POM.

EXACTLY! I used to be a huge SAS cheerleader and promoted them on these boards for years but I too feel like they've gotten too big for their britches and the quality of the service they provide has suffered. I have now switched and use QLS. They offer better customer service (phone and answering questions), the vehicles are in great condition, have been on time, offer earlier pick-ups from hotel to POM than SAS does and are cheaper if you have a group. We are using them again in 2 weeks and it was $10each for our group of 12....can't beat that price!

We used SAS in March. Had prompt email communication before leaving, and a call to my cell ahead of pick up. Our pickup was from an FLL-area hotel, as we'd flown in the night before. Driver was on time, called to let me know he was enroute. Van was full, but not uncomfortably so. Easy 30-45 min trip down the interstate to POM, drop off right at NCL Pearl.

We pre-arranged the return trip with them as well--were told to call AFTER we had cleared customs. Did so, was told there was a van on its way, waited maybe 15 minutes, and got picked up just fine*. Again, no problem, got right back to FLL with (way too much) time to spare.

*I will say--and this is a POM issue, not SAS or anyone else--there is no distinction between a "departures" and "arrivals" area at POM. Didn't notice it on the day of embarkation, since we maybe had missed the main wave of disembarkers, but when we were disembarking, there was a LOT of overlap with folks arriving to check in early, and it was pretty chaotic.

Archived