Breaking News - Carnival Legend is...

The Hawaii to Sydney leg on the Spirit was 17 days.

Listed as 17, but actually 16 since we lost a day crossing International Date Line.

I'm going to throw my guess in and say Tampa to LA area (or San Diego), then Westcoast port to Sydney, with a couple of stops in Hawaii.

I'm in Vegas right now, and keep checking daily for news.

Listed as 17, but actually 16 since we lost a day crossing International Date Line.

I'm going to throw my guess in and say Tampa to LA area (or San Diego), then Westcoast port to Sydney, with a couple of stops in Hawaii.

I hope your guess is wrong otherwise we miss out :-(

Yes I keep checking too.. Hurry up carnival, I have a trip to Disneyland to plan for the grand kids and that was to be in September.. And we are also coming to Vegas with a 9, 7, 5, 4 & 1 year old... Yippee

Dianne

I hope your guess is wrong otherwise we miss out :-(

Yes I keep checking too.. Hurry up carnival, I have a trip to Disneyland to plan for the grand kids and that was to be in September.. And we are also coming to Vegas with a 9, 7, 5, 4 & 1 year old... Yippee

Dianne

If Debbie's guess is correct, Carnival might do what Princess sometimes does. Give two options for port of embarkation. San Diego to Australia 20/21 days or Hawaii to Australia 17 days.

OR Tampa to Hawaii with the option of disembarkating at some port on the west coast. ( 16 days vs 21 days )

With only 38 days, it's looking like maybe only 2 segments.

Are we having fun speculating or is it driving us all crazy? LOL :eek:

Dianne, I don't think Carnival will do anything to jeopardize getting the Australians and New Zealanders on board.

Hello to all the familiar names.

The Panama Canal transit just depends on how many stops they decide to make. I did the transit on the Carnival Paradise in the fall of 2011, and it was a 14-day cruise.

The cruise from Honolulu to Sydney last fall was 17 days (16, actually, since we crossed the International Date Line).

Maybe they'll sail directly to Honolulu from Tampa. Or start the transpacific in Long Beach, with some Hawaiian port stops. Or maybe they'll add some stops in New Zealand this time. Or . . .

This waiting is killing me :(!

Karen

Me too!! We're waiting "patiently" :rolleyes: for the cruise to open up. We loved Sydney and want to go back and maybe go to Melbourne this time. We would love to see Bora Bora (and Patrick) again.

Edited by carynh

8316438680_213df3e798.jpg8316438680_213df3e798.jpg

8316438680_213df3e798_z.jpg.3821175de5c978ff899a59cba1386de9.jpg

Patrick, click on the picture to see it better.

**Rant** Why can't I embed the picture, I've done it before, but today it's not working. **End Rant**

Anyway, you can view my pictures by clicking the link under my countdown.

Edited by carynh

If Debbie's guess is correct, Carnival might do what Princess sometimes does. Give two options for port of embarkation. San Diego to Australia 20/21 days or Hawaii to Australia 17 days.

OR Tampa to Hawaii with the option of disembarkating at some port on the west coast. ( 16 days vs 21 days )

With only 38 days, it's looking like maybe only 2 segments.

Are we having fun speculating or is it driving us all crazy? LOL :eek:

Dianne, I don't think Carnival will do anything to jeopardize getting the Australians and New Zealanders on board.

Hey Mary!! I was reading all posts on the Legend and saw yours....I'm wondering, are you and Serge thinking of doing the entire Aussie cruise starting in Tampa.....or picking it up in California? Didnt know if y'all were gonna do the whole 38 days...

I'm waiting to see about just doing the canal transit part....

Barb

Hey Mary!! I was reading all posts on the Legend and saw yours....I'm wondering, are you and Serge thinking of doing the entire Aussie cruise starting in Tampa.....or picking it up in California? Didnt know if y'all were gonna do the whole 38 days...

I'm waiting to see about just doing the canal transit part....

Barb

Hi Barb, it all depends on the itineraries. That's why all this waiting is so hard...lol. Like the others, I am waiting impatiently.

Edited by mississauga

This repositioning cruise will be fantastic!!! I too am very interested!

dumb question :o ...you say you are checking daily. Is that by going to carnival dot com and trying to make a booking?? Or is there another site you use to check on carnival news?

Thanks;)

This repositioning cruise will be fantastic!!! I too am very interested!

dumb question :o ...you say you are checking daily. Is that by going to carnival dot com and trying to make a booking?? Or is there another site you use to check on carnival news?

Thanks;)

I go there daily and see what they have posted for Aug/Sept on the Legend..Dennis

8316438680_213df3e798.jpg8316438680_213df3e798.jpg

[ATTACH]278286[/ATTACH]

Patrick, click on the picture to see it better.

**Rant** Why can't I embed the picture, I've done it before, but today it's not working. **End Rant**

Anyway, you can view my pictures by clicking the link under my countdown.

Hi Carynh

What a fabulous day Patrick's tours was least of all the renewal of Annie's vows.

I need a lesson on cruise critic as I'd love to embed some my photos as my pictures taken at that bbque are some of the best I've taken and the photos of the sharks amazing.. I still can't believe I got in the deep water outside the break to snorkel with those large sharks swimming on the ocean floor.. I knew they weren't dangerous but still living in Australia we have a healthy attitude to sharks!!!.

And snorkeling in the underground garden was so beautiful..I'd do it again in a heartbeat

But I also had the most amazing time on my Mediterranean cruise in may on the legend .. Wow I have been so fortunate

The fun part of living in a different time zone means I turn on my ipad and have all these comments to read.. It's like connecting with friends

Dianne

Hi Carynh

What a fabulous day Patrick's tours was least of all the renewal of Annie's vows.

I need a lesson on cruise critic as I'd love to embed some my photos as my pictures taken at that bbque are some of the best I've taken and the photos of the sharks amazing.. I still can't believe I got in the deep water outside the break to snorkel with those large sharks swimming on the ocean floor.. I knew they weren't dangerous but still living in Australia we have a healthy attitude to sharks!!!.

And snorkeling in the underground garden was so beautiful..I'd do it again in a heartbeat

But I also had the most amazing time on my Mediterranean cruise in may on the legend .. Wow I have been so fortunate

The fun part of living in a different time zone means I turn on my ipad and have all these comments to read.. It's like connecting with friends

Dianne

Dianne - That was the best excursion we have ever done. The vow renewal was beautiful, snorkeling, and the food! I have some great pictures of the sharks and the stingrays. We loved Sydney and can't wait to get back!

I haven't been on CC in awhile and I wonder if they changed the way the pictures are embedded. I remember that it wasn't that hard, but today it was difficult and I'm very comfortable with tech. I just gave up trying to embed that picture.

We had a great time on the Splendor repositioning from LA to NYC, the landscape was beautiful and it was great to see Karen (TravelerK) and Guy Imoto again but the cruise to Sydney is still our favorite, the roll call and the friends we made, the excursions, and our arrival into Sydney were fantastic. It was just a great experience.

We are truly fortunate to be able to take these cruises. :)

Caryn

Nothing again this morning and its 9:00 am in Miami..Dennis

A friend whose a travel agent text me to say the schedule will be out in 2 weeks so that will be for the cruises out of Sydney

Dianne

A friend whose a travel agent text me to say the schedule will be out in 2 weeks so that will be for the cruises out of Sydney

Dianne

Well, that's some good news, they should post the ones from the US first..Dennis

Me too!! We're waiting "patiently" :rolleyes: for the cruise to open up. We loved Sydney and want to go back and maybe go to Melbourne this time. We would love to see Bora Bora (and Patrick) again.

I hope they announce the cruises before my Baltic cruise on the Legend. I leave 7/25 and would like to have this settled before then. I think I'll probably be traveling solo this time, but my sister may join me for the Panama Canal transit. Too much to try to coordinate while cruising in Europe.

Caryn, when we last talked - on the Splendor - you were job hunting. Any luck - esp finding an employer who understands your need to go off on long cruises :rolleyes:?

Karen

They could stop in Ensenada, Mexico before going to Hawaii.

A stop in Ensenada only would work if it was a round trip from a westcoast US port. Ensenada is not considered a "distant" foreign port.

A stop in Ensenada only would work if it was a round trip from a westcoast US port. Ensenada is not considered a "distant" foreign port.

That rule is so confusing .. I know I've read all about it as we were caught up in it 2 years ago when sailing from Hawaii to Alaska.. Many people had to leave the ship as it was a B2B cruise but somehow they considered Vancouver not a foreign port so could not continue onto Alaska

Dianne

At least they're not moving the Miracle. That was the original rumor when it moved to Long Beach. So starting next year we will end up with three ships, at least in the winter. Miracle may be doing 7-day in the winter but I wish we got them year round!

Edited by ccruisequeen

It is RT from Long Beach. 14 fun filled days and nights. Ensenada is used as Distant port for 3/4 days to LB.