Breaking News - Carnival Legend is...

Here's what I'm getting when I click through the Tahiti/Fiji link:

We're sorry, no cruises match the criteria you selected.

Try selecting different criteria or select a different combination to find a cruise you like.

Try selecting different criteria or select a different combination to find a cruise you like.

Maybe the Carnival site is not behaving (how unusual). I'll try waking the PVP up again although she is normally right on top of everything. IIRC we had the same problem last year for the Legend TA, by the time we finally found it on the website people had been booking it for at least a week, and I was checking every day.

Here's what I'm getting when I click through the Tahiti/Fiji link:

We're sorry, no cruises match the criteria you selected.

Maybe the Carnival site is not behaving (how unusual). I'll try waking the PVP up again although she is normally right on top of everything. IIRC we had the same problem last year for the Legend TA, by the time we finally found it on the website people had been booking it for at least a week, and I was checking every day.

Check passengers, destination, date and ship only....I just pulled it up

23 Day Tahiti and Fiji Islands from Los Angeles, CA

Departs from: Los Angeles, CA

Aboard the: Carnival Legend

Ports of Call: Puerto Vallarta, MexicoCrossing The EquatorPapeete (Tahiti), PolynesiaMoorea, French PolynesiaBora Bora, French PolynesiaCross International DatelineSuva, Fiji IslandsNoumea, New Caledonia Sydney, Australia

from$3,398.00 avg per personas little as $148/night

VIEW CRUISE DETAILS

SaveDatesInteriorOcean ViewBalconySuites*

Sat, Aug 30, 2014

(Sat - Mon)

$3,398.00$4,198.00$5,198.00$8,698.00

i am a solo, so those are prices for 1, but it should be close for 2

Edited by crzndeb

go to Carnival's website, enter your number of passengers, then click search. After it comes up filter it to Carnival Legend and then August 2014 and that is how I saw them.

The prices don't seem too bad to me, but I would have a hard time getting that much time off work.

Hi Peggy! A big HUG from SASA! :) Hope you and Jim are doing well!

OHHHHHH.....check out my planning site for our next trip. Since you lived in Norway, you can give me some pointers. -->> Click here <<--

Email me, my email addy is on the bottom of each page. John

We're doing fine! We also leave for Norway in Sept! We fly out san diego on the 2nd and will stay until we cruise t/a out from Copenhagen on Oct.1 to Miami. Then we fly to Boston and cruise from Boston to San Diego on Oct. 16 onboard the Veendam (through the PC again with lotsa nice and some new stops.

We will be staying in Farsund, Norway, between Kristiansand and Stavanger. My son lives in Stavanger and daughter&husband with my grandkids in Farsund.

It looks like you have covered everything for the ports! You are amazing. We will be doing a train/bus trip for 10 days or so from Farsund to Oslo to Bergen to Stavanger and back to Farsund. Jim has not seen Bergen at all and the train from Oslo to B is one of the most beautiful trains rides in the world, through the Hardanger area, over the mountains

We're working on the Legend right now, any tips?

go to Carnival's website, enter your number of passengers, then click search. After it comes up filter it to Carnival Legend and then August 2014 and that is how I saw them.

The prices don't seem too bad to me, but I would have a hard time getting that much time off work.

Tried that, first time it came up it showed five pages but only three work, then after that I can only get three pages and these cruises aren't on it. I've already emailed the pvp and we'll talk again on Monday. Thanks for the help.

We're doing fine! We also leave for Norway in Sept! We fly out san diego on the 2nd and will stay until we cruise t/a out from Copenhagen on Oct.1 to Miami. Then we fly to Boston and cruise from Boston to San Diego on Oct. 16 onboard the Veendam (through the PC again with lotsa nice and some new stops.

We will be staying in Farsund, Norway, between Kristiansand and Stavanger. My son lives in Stavanger and daughter&husband with my grandkids in Farsund.

It looks like you have covered everything for the ports! You are amazing. We will be doing a train/bus trip for 10 days or so from Farsund to Oslo to Bergen to Stavanger and back to Farsund. Jim has not seen Bergen at all and the train from Oslo to B is one of the most beautiful trains rides in the world, through the Hardanger area, over the mountains

We're working on the Legend right now, any tips?

I responded to your email about cabin selection. I didn't mention one nice thing about the Legend and this class of ship. It has a 60 sq. foot extended balcony (8K) that is actually big enough to use! :) We are booked in an 8K cabin for 39 days on our Northern Europe and TA cruises in Sep/Oct.

It would be great to see you guys while in Stavanger. We will be there 9/5 and 9/15. There are a few other SASA'ers on the trip like Jack and Libby.

If you get a chance to ask your son to look at the list of activities for Stavanger, I'd appreciate any feedback. We have never been to Norway and are trying to figure out what we should do. I've been told that the city is very walkable and you don't need to take the HoHo bus.

You travel plans sound wonderful! Keep in touch! John

I responded to your email about cabin selection. I didn't mention one nice thing about the Legend and this class of ship. It has a 60 sq. foot extended balcony (8K) that is actually big enough to use! :) We are booked in an 8K cabin for 39 days on our Northern Europe and TA cruises in Sep/Oct.

It would be great to see you guys while in Stavanger. We will be there 9/5 and 9/15. There are a few other SASA'ers on the trip like Jack and Libby.

If you get a chance to ask your son to look at the list of activities for Stavanger, I'd appreciate any feedback. We have never been to Norway and are trying to figure out what we should do. I've been told that the city is very walkable and you don't need to take the HoHo bus.

You travel plans sound wonderful! Keep in touch! John

How wonderful to get in touch with so many of the gang from SASA! We heard from Blondekajun about the Legend and have been on fire ever since LOL! We have an ov booked but looking at the balconies, since we had a balcony last time we did this trip with HAL, it was amazing sitting out there while sailing around the south seas!

Stavanger is walkable but it is hilly and very steep up to the old town, I love Stavanger except it is known for wind and rain, right after Bergen! Sept can be indian summer or dead on ccccold!

The ship docks in the middle of town so everything is really close. Be aware that taxi's are VERY expensive, there is a 25% sales tax (included) on everything (except groceries). A beer is about $18 a pint and gas is 15 kroner a liter!! Thats like $10 a gallon, rental cars are very expensive as well! If you are buying over $200 worth of stuff make sure you get the tax free form from any of the shops, have all your purchases recorded on the form at each shop and you will receive (some) of the tax back (at the airports in Europe).

People are shocked over the high prices, but remember the wages are very high here as well. My son makes over $120k a year and he is a drivers ed teacher! He works as much overtime as he can and has bought 2 homes already and he's 26! Then there are people who do not work and still can get about 2-3$ thousand a month, (different types of education/training incentives, etc). Every mom gets about $200 for each child a month. Norway is rich from the oil in the north sea, one of the largest producers in the world. They are not in the EU although they follow some of the directives, those that suit them! It is a beautiful country, American friendly, and a safe place to travel and live. Any specific questions about Norway, let me know, I lived there for 35 years and my adult children and grandbabies still live there :)

Peggy (&Jim)

• 1 month later...
We just booked 23 Day Tahati & Fiji Islands to Sydney, Australia! I know its a year away but, has anyone started a roll call?

Go to the roll call page and find it or start one. There is a new easy access to roll call at top of each page before announcements--noted with a red star.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have information about the summer routes of LEGEND so far???

Could it be that she sails Alaska? maybe CC will deploy to ships in Alaska in 2015 than...

Legend's sister, the Miracle, does Alaska in the summer...sorry, that's about I know...:)

That's about I know too! :)

But the 2015 itineraries are not out yet, maybe Both LEGEND and MIRACLE do Alaska than...

Do you think Legend would do MR cruises in the Fall/Winter too out of Long Beach? That would make 4 ships here in the fall :)

Edited by ccruisequeen

Me thinks that when the Legend "goes down under, that she'll stay down under"-just like the other sister ship, the Spirit-just my opinion-nothing to confirm it....The spirit class is my favorite class of ship-in hindsight, I wish I would have taken the Spirit down the MR, while she was still here, and going all the way down to Alcapulco, Manzanillo. etc.....:(....(Will dwell on happy thoughts for now with my Magic cruise coming up next month:D)

Happy cruising to all, to where ever your cruises take you!:cool:

Me thinks that when the Legend "goes down under, that she'll stay down under"-just like the other sister ship, the Spirit-just my opinion-nothing to confirm it....The spirit class is my favorite class of ship-in hindsight, I wish I would have taken the Spirit down the MR, while she was still here, and going all the way down to Alcapulco, Manzanillo. etc.....:(....(Will dwell on happy thoughts for now with my Magic cruise coming up next month:D)

Happy cruising to all, to where ever your cruises take you!:cool:

I would have thought the exact same thing. A VP at Carnival told me that the Legend will come back during off season (the logic was that it gets too soft to maintain two ships down under off season). Where she goes I have no idea.

...Said to be repositioned to.....AUSTRAILIA in May/June 2014; this was the buzz with many of the crew and confirmed while on the Behind The Fun Tour just last week.

Additionally the Spirit is also staying in Austrailia too so there will be two (Spirit Class) ships and there was no clue as what ship, if any, will be replacing the Legend here in Tampa.

I don't know if anyone else had posted on this yet but I was pretty much away from the internet for the last two weeks while on the Legend sailing around the Mediterranean Sea.

Wonder how the new Lido deck music will go over from Austrailia....:o

I would have thought the exact same thing. A VP at Carnival told me that the Legend will come back during off season (the logic was that it gets too soft to maintain two ships down under off season). Where she goes I have no idea.

I could inagine Alaska! :) together with MIRACLE. Maybe there also also departing from Vancouver and Whittier again.

But don't worry. Before you know it, it may turn out that Australia and Asia is not the hot market Carnival is betting on and it will bring Legend back to North American. You just never know.

No Chance! We are flying in droves to USA for better bigger ships!

RCCL is establishing itself in Australia year round and Carnival wants the top peg given it owns both Princess and P&O which has the biggest market share in Australia.

As long as carnival adds "Australia to Asia" cruises like Royal it will stay in front, if it sticks to South pacific/New Zealand only itineraries it may loose out to RCCL.

Bali Lombok Thailand Cambodia Vietnam and China, who doesnt want RCCLs itineraries and ports? I did a 14 nighter in March to South East Asia on RCCL and it was fantastic:)

Carnival AU has no need for ES or price drops,our deposits are much higher than USA and cancellation periods much shorter with final payments being much advanced forward from US Carnival as well.