Breaking News - Carnival Legend is...

All the nitty gritty details about the Legend heading off to Australia, I hope. TA is ready and has booking instructions so I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to be good.:rolleyes:

Hi Ralph,

I sure hope something is announced tody, though I'm not holding my breath.

You know that several of us have been waiting for this day to come.

We should have a pretty big reunion group heading to Australia again!!! YAY!!!

Debbie

Hi Ralph,

I sure hope something is announced tody, though I'm not holding my breath.

You know that several of us have been waiting for this day to come.

We should have a pretty big reunion group heading to Australia again!!! YAY!!!

Debbie

Looks like there probably is another delay because yesterday was May 28th in Australia and we didn't hear anything.

But I was reading some comments on John's Facebook and he said everything should be released by the end of the week.

Went and peeked at the Legend sailings this morning and only two cruises show up for April and then nothing. Now we know that it will have to go to dry dock to make changes for Australia, but I can't see it being out of service from mid April until say the 1st of September and then set sail for Sydney. Too much revenue to miss out on.

It could be that they have time in April and May to make the changes and then put it back in service later May or early June and test everything out before it makes that long journey.

From Tampa to Sydney is a long trip. I just hope they can do it in three weeks, or if not, have another port to join in.

Hi Deb!;)

Went and peeked at the Legend sailings this morning and only two cruises show up for April and then nothing. Now we know that it will have to go to dry dock to make changes for Australia, but I can't see it being out of service from mid April until say the 1st of September and then set sail for Sydney. Too much revenue to miss out on.

It could be that they have time in April and May to make the changes and then put it back in service later May or early June and test everything out before it makes that long journey.

From Tampa to Sydney is a long trip. I just hope they can do it in three weeks, or if not, have another port to join in.

Hi Deb!;)

The dates would not show up on the normal booking site. As with the Spirit, the Legend becomes part of Carnival Australia and cannot be booked through Carnival as we know it.

The dates would not show up on the normal booking site. As with the Spirit, the Legend becomes part of Carnival Australia and cannot be booked through Carnival as we know it.

The Legend will be able to be booked through the regular Carnival sight until it actually starts sailing from Sydney. That's how it was on the Spirit also.

Once the ship starts it's sailings from Australia, then it has to be booked via Carnival/Au, but not until then.

Edited by crzndeb

The Legend will be able to be booked through the regular Carnival sight until it actually starts sailing from Sydney. That's how it was on the Spirit also.

Once the ship starts it's sailings from Australia, then it has to be booked via Carnival/Au, but not until then.

Agreed, thought that was what they were looking at.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I was also on the repositioning cruise last year on the spirit from Hawaii to Sydney so hello to those who also cruised

I was also on the legend in may out of Barcelona to Venice and had a great time

Several of my friends here in Australia are awaiting details of the repositioning cruise but nothing is avavilable yet

If you check out carnival, it now has cruises listed for the legend out of Tampa up to the 10/8/2014 for 7 nights

It is due to start cruising out of Sydney on the 24/9 so I can't see where it will be dry docked for the changeover ... There are some dates in February but that seems a bit in advance

just a matter of waiting

Dianne

I actually found that statement a bit disingenuous. How nice for them to be concerned about our out of pocket expense for airfare, but the real reason is cause an effect. They can't fill their ships AND make money. Nothing wrong with that, but call a spade a spade.

I agree with you. However, airfare is ridiculous!! I paid $1,400 more for airfare than a 9 day cruise. I think I will stick to my Florida ports from now on.

Yes, Legend is returning to Tampa in October 2013, however leaving for Austrailia in May/June 2014; this was told to us by the ships Master/Captain on the bridge during our behind the fun tour.

Here's to June!! Perfect vacation time for me..:)

They are STILL holding up posting these cruises for some reason that nobody knows....Dennis

Dennis,

By the time they post the Australia itinerary, I hope Early Saver will still be in effect..LOL

Hi Dianne...hope to see you again on the Australia leg.

For those of you wanting to take the Legend through the Panama Canal, it is a great trip. Several of us cruised the Elation from San Diego to Mobile in 2010. I won't be flying to the Eastcoast to do it again, but it's definitely worth it for those that have never done it before.

I would love to do the Panama Canal crossing on the Legend!!! Can't wait to see the dates.. :)

I'm waiting also. Panama Canal cruise is at the top of my list! IF Carnival doesn't change the Legends current schedule...looks like...maybe...possibly 8/17/2014. She'll be returning that day from her last scheduled 7 day.. out of Tampa. Anyone want to guess Panama departure date?

Edited by cruizinator

I'm waiting also. Panama Canal cruise is at the top of my list! IF Carnival doesn't change the Legends current schedule...looks like...maybe...possibly 8/17/2014. She'll be returning that day from her last scheduled 7 day.. out of Tampa. Anyone want to guess Panama departure date?

August works for me too! :D

Dennis,

By the time they post the Australia itinerary, I hope Early Saver will still be in effect..LOL

For those of you wanting to take the Legend through the Panama Canal, it is a great trip. Several of us cruised the Elation from San Diego to Mobile in 2010. I won't be flying to the Eastcoast to do it again, but it's definitely worth it for those that have never done it before.

Deb, I'm hoping the Panama Canal cruise will go Tampa to Hawaii.. They don't leave a lot of days to do anything else...Dennis

Dennis,

Hi Deb

Yes it would be great to see some familiar faces from the last cruise.. Wish they would announce the dates as I am taking my grandkids to Disneyland next year and we were considering September but we may have to change our travel plans

Dianne

Deb, I'm hoping the Panama Canal cruise will go Tampa to Hawaii.. They don't leave a lot of days to do anything else...Dennis

Does anyone know how long it takes to cruise from Tampa to Hawaii.. As said there isn't a lot of time if the scheduled cruises finish on the 17/8 at Tampa and the cruise commencing in Sydney on the 23rd/24th September ... Hurry up a there are at least 12 of my friends wanting to cruise and I know others who will join when we know the cost

It's disappointing that there aren't cruise bookings now in the ships as I was in the legend in may in the Mediterranean but no one knew any details about its relocation to Sydney

Anyone have a line to carnival ????

Dianne

Does anyone know how long it takes to cruise from Tampa to Hawaii.. As said there isn't a lot of time if the scheduled cruises finish on the 17/8 at Tampa and the cruise commencing in Sydney on the 23rd/24th September ... Hurry up a there are at least 12 of my friends wanting to cruise and I know others who will join when we know the cost

It's disappointing that there aren't cruise bookings now in the ships as I was in the legend in may in the Mediterranean but no one knew any details about its relocation to Sydney

Anyone have a line to carnival ????

Dianne

LOTS of people waiting for details-dates & $$ in particular!

Legend is due for the 2.0 upgrades during the first two weeks of February 2014.

I believe that JH posted that it was being dry docked in February not that it was getting the 2.0 upgrades. There is a difference. Since it will also get some of the upgrades for Australia it may not get the full 2.0 upgrades.