Breaking News - Carnival Legend is...

The itinerary for the Legend is supposed to come out on May 28. Guess we will have to wait and see.

I was on a B2B2B on the Spirit last year to Sydney. It was a fantastic cruise, albeit, 35 days was a bit long for me on the ship. I am planning on taking the Legend over there next year, but will only do the leg to Australia, so I can see more of Australia this time.

I have an airline card that I use for everything, and pay off each month. I had enough miles for coach on Qantas last year (partnered with Alaska Air), but I bought up, so I could fly business class. I will do that again. The ticket still cost me about $850, but definitely worth it. Business class was amazing. I still have over a year to build up some more miles.

Edited by crzndeb

This may be Breaking News on CNN...but it's been stripped, tortured and beaten to death on these boards over the past week plus (much like how CNN "covers" a story). I understand you haven't been wired for the past cuple of weeks but a little search before smirch would have eased your news jones. :)

Does it really matter that the op started a new thread ? The Internet is not running out of space

But don't worry. Before you know it, it may turn out that Australia and Asia is not the hot market Carnival is betting on and it will bring Legend back to North American. You just never know.

Carnival must think they're on to something in Australia. They'll have Spirit and Legend down under, not to mention the 3 ships they already have there with P&O Australia. By all accounts, cruising is wildly popular from there.

I understand that this will not happen until September of next year with a date mentioned of Sept. 24th for the first cruise out of Sydney. I hope I am right as we could go then - again.

Carnival must think they're on to something in Australia. They'll have Spirit and Legend down under, not to mention the 3 ships they already have there with P&O Australia. By all accounts, cruising is wildly popular from there.

I have to say if I had Tahiti and Bora Bora and the great barrier reef in my backyard it'd be much easier to convince the Mrs-to-be to come cruising with me.

Would love to do that repo cruise! :D

I wanted to do a mother daughter trip for my DD graduation next week and arranging a land trip was just so much more $$ and organizing than a cruise. This way she will get a taste of Europe and after college can go travel:D

Julia, I'm doing the same with my DD. She's graduating June 7 and shortly after that we're headed to London. Will do a Baltic cruise on the Legend and then three weeks traveling through Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and Poland before returning to London for a few days. Then we'll stop in Amsterdam on the way home. I'm so excited to experience this with her!

I couldn't see traveling in Europe only by cruise ship, so the three weeks on land will cap it off nicely.

I hope you and your DD have an amazing time!! :D

I actually found that statement a bit disingenuous. How nice for them to be concerned about our out of pocket expense for airfare, but the real reason is cause an effect. They can't fill their ships AND make money. Nothing wrong with that, but call a spade a spade.

That is sooooo true! I'm shocked that they don't fill up with European cruisers. The cruises are such a bargain! We are doing the Baltic this year. There are lovely Europeans and Australians joining us. We had planned the same basic trip with Carnival several years ago, and they canceled.

Does it really matter that the op started a new thread ? The Internet is not running out of space.

Thanks, I thought that I was going to put in time-out and I agree too that the internet is not running out of space but some people seem to run out of patience quite easilly. :rolleyes:

That is sooooo true! I'm shocked that they don't fill up with European cruisers. The cruises are such a bargain! We are doing the Baltic this year. There are lovely Europeans and Australians joining us. We had planned the same basic trip with Carnival several years ago, and they canceled.

I agree with you on this, I saw the cruise ads on tv and booked within weeks and all my friends agreed how cheap it was. I was about to book a holiday in Spain and saw that my Baltic cruise was cheaper per night than my hotel and my hotel was only bed and breakfast!

I think quite a few UK people like me booked as there was lots in Travel agents but the rest of Europe wasnt so keen.

...Said to be repositioned to.....AUSTRAILIA in May/June 2014; this was the buzz with many of the crew and confirmed while on the Behind The Fun Tour just last week.

Additionally the Spirit is also staying in Austrailia too so there will be two (Spirit Class) ships and there was no clue as what ship, if any, will be replacing the Legend here in Tampa.

I don't know if anyone else had posted on this yet but I was pretty much away from the internet for the last two weeks while on the Legend sailing around the Mediterranean Sea.

Thanks but its old news.

I'm going to throw out a guess, and say Asia.

Last time I checked, Asia is a pretty big place with many ports. I wouldn't mind taking a cruise to some of the places I went during my Navy days.

But don't worry. Before you know it, it may turn out that Australia and Asia is not the hot market Carnival is betting on and it will bring Legend back to North American. You just never know.

We were told that the Legend was coming back to US in off season from a reliable Carnival employee.

You're the 3rd or 4th to announce this. Thanks.

I wonder how many people stae, when they've alread herad a story that someone has just heard, state OLD NEWS. I guess they think everyone gets news at the same time.

Like Bengazi.

We were told that the Legend was coming back to US in off season from a reliable Carnival employee.

Yes, Legend is returning to Tampa in October 2013, however leaving for Austrailia in May/June 2014; this was told to us by the ships Master/Captain on the bridge during our behind the fun tour.

Yes, Legend is returning to Tampa in October 2013, however leaving for Austrailia in May/June 2014; this was told to us by the ships Master/Captain on the bridge during our behind the fun tour.

True, but what I was told was that after the "season" in Australia that the Legend would return the US. I assume that it was west coast but don't know that.

True, but what I was told was that after the "season" in Australia that the Legend would return the US. I assume that it was west coast but don't know that.

It would be nice if Legend does indeed return here to Tampa, however another Spirit Class ship would be excellent too!

• 2 weeks later...

All the nitty gritty details about the Legend heading off to Australia, I hope. TA is ready and has booking instructions so I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to be good.:rolleyes: