Gift Choice - What Happened to the Small Bottles of Wine?

Just went to check my gift preferences for an upcoming cruise and was surprised to see that one wasn't recorded. We are D+ and for our first selection we always chose the little bottles of wine.

Lo and behold they are gone, and the selections are limited to soda, beer, water, juice.

What's the story here? When did this happen?

Just went to check my gift preferences for an upcoming cruise and was surprised to see that one wasn't recorded. We are D+ and for our first selection we always chose the little bottles of wine.

Lo and behold they are gone, and the selections are limited to soda, beer, water, juice.

Now that RCI allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine on board this will save them money from having to provide those little bottles with the Welcome Aboard Baskets.:D

Now that RCI allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine on board this will save them money from having to provide those little bottles with the Welcome Aboard Baskets.:D

Yep, I know that but was wondering when this changed since they still had them four weeks ago on Explorer.

Just checked my own profile and it seems to have defaulted to water...

The next level gift still has the wine selection.

Guess we have to perform our own miracles now...

Good one!

RCCL has managed to change wine into water!:)

Funnily enough I just noticed that - I thought it was yet another website 'blip'.

We had them on Legend 2 weeks ago but not available for our sailing next month. Good grief, talk about penny pinching :rolleyes:

We just got off the TA from NOLA into Rome. I hadn't checked the basket when we got to our cabin. I was busily unpacking when there was a knock on the door. I assumed it was the room steward but, no, it was another crew member holding out two regular sized bottles of wine! I can assure you they did not come from my agent. When I checked the basket, there were no "liquids" in it at all so I can only assume it was what was suppose to be in the basket.

Tucker in Texas

We just got off the TA from NOLA into Rome. I hadn't checked the basket when we got to our cabin. I was busily unpacking when there was a knock on the door. I assumed it was the room steward but, no, it was another crew member holding out two regular sized bottles of wine! I can assure you they did not come from my agent. When I checked the basket, there were no "liquids" in it at all so I can only assume it was what was suppose to be in the basket.

Tucker in Texas

Well, that worked out rather well for you!:):D Our Corona turns into water all too often.

My selection was diet Coke. I kinda assumed that it would be a 4 or 6 pack. The single can that was delivered looked silly sitting next to the 12 pack I had purchased for $5.

I agree that the fruit sent to the room is redundant. I can select all the fruits I want in the Windjammer, and not waste the fruit that I don't care for that come in the fruit plate.

I just went to my profile and, sure enough, no wine selection for the welcome basket. I selected to diet coke. As I mentioned, I got nothing liquid in my basket on the TA in April. Maybe because I didn't know about the change so it was still on "pick a beverage."

I think the two full bottles were our "bonus" gift(s) which I see is still there. Question. Do we each get a bottle? I thought it would be one bottle per cabin. I'm pretty sure this is not my first cruise since making D+. I don't remember in the past ever getting two bottles.

We've never gotten fruit in our cabin, just a plate of "sweets." I'm with the rest of you, don't want or need the fruit so I don't care.

Tucker in Texas

I suggest a trade!

Bring back the bottles of wine and forget the midweek plate of fruit. Never understood why the brought fruit when you could get it anytime in the Windjammer!

It has to have something to do with the ship you are on. We got chocolate covered strawberries mid-week. Never had that happen.

Thanks for this thread. I just checked our C&A account and found that we are now eligible for a gift (emerald). So I entered our preference. We'll see. At our level there isn't much to choose from but it's the thought that counts.

Question: Do you have to change this preference for each cruise or does it remain until you change it?

On previous cruises I have received the Chocolate strawberries and waited for them last week on Allure (Love Chocolate Strawberries). Received fruit twice. Plate of tiny sweets twice & cheese plate once.

We gave the fruit to anyone who would take it, Pretended we were natives selling fruits to the tourists :p I sure hate to see so much wasted.

I suggest a trade!

Bring back the bottles of wine and forget the midweek plate of fruit. Never understood why the brought fruit when you could get it anytime in the Windjammer!

Totally agree, we don't eat the cheeses either....fussy people here:rolleyes: Waste of food and time bringing them to us.

In response to the original question about the little bottles of wine: my mother was checking on her choices yesterday and discovered that they were no longer a listed. So she called Crown & Anchor and their response was that they are going to a new supplier and the little bottles of wine should be back again in July. So at least we all have a time frame to be expecting that choice back again!!

Thanks for this thread. I just checked our C&A account and found that we are now eligible for a gift (emerald). So I entered our preference. We'll see. At our level there isn't much to choose from but it's the thought that counts.

Question: Do you have to change this preference for each cruise or does it remain until you change it?

Your selection remains until you change it, or apparently until Royal stops offering your selection. Also, they look at this selection several days (not sure how many) before the cruise, so if you change it too close to the cruise, it might not be picked up. You can always call C&A to confirm your choice and they can email the ship if you change it too close to sailing.

Thanks for mentioning this. I had the small wine bottles chosen so I went in and changed the default choice.

C&A towel is an option rather than more food, has anyone seen this in person?

I'm calling C&A to confirm my changes as my cruise leaves Saturday.

Archived