Gift Choice - What Happened to the Small Bottles of Wine?

There are too many people who are looking a gift horse in the mouth. :(

True in many ways.

I just called C&A over a diferent matter and asked about the wine. The agent said they were seeking a different vendor because too many people were complaining about the wine (whining about the wine?). As you imply, why complain about something you receive for free.

The only reason I brought up the fruit was the seeming waste. We always feel bad when we don't eat it. I wonder if it would be o.k. to return it to the WJ.

True in many ways.

I just called C&A over a diferent matter and asked about the wine. The agent said they were seeking a different vendor because too many people were complaining about the wine (whining about the wine?). As you imply, why complain about something you receive for free.

The only reason I brought up the fruit was the seeming waste. We always feel bad when we don't eat it. I wonder if it would be o.k. to return it to the WJ.

Do you really buy that story?

If RCCL changed wine vendors because of customer feedback, they would have stopped serving La Terra YEARS ago. I know they just switched, but it was more likely financial decision, not a decision based on customer feedback.

I hope they do eventually get a new vendor and continue the gift basket wine offering.

M

Did they remove the beach towel? Or is it in the list and i just can't see it?

It was on the D+ list. I chose that because my son is not old enough to purchase alcohol and I didn't think we needed more food. Slippers was another non-food option.

Thanks for mentioning this. I had the small wine bottles chosen so I went in and changed the default choice.

C&A towel is an option rather than more food, has anyone seen this in person? I've gotten them a couple times...and think they are pretty nice..

I'm calling C&A to confirm my changes as my cruise leaves Saturday.

Did they remove the beach towel? Or is it in the list and i just can't see it?

It's still showing on my list...between the Fruit Ganache Truffles & the DR Wine's...

I agree; thanks for the information! We just changed our choices and I added a note on the calendar to check again in July or August to see if they get the wine back. I love all the great, timely tips we get here.

Happy cruising everyone!

Tucker in Texas. after 350 points, (I think), you get to select two bottles of wine per cabin. After 525 you get 3 bottles.

Well I only had like 222 points at that time. Only reason I asked was it will make a difference on whether I bring wine on or not the next cruise. DH doesn't drink wine and I have a friend who selects it but gives it to me. Three bottles is all I need on a TA. I guess I'll bring a bottle because I don't have to fly home.

Tucker in Texas

We just got off the TA from NOLA into Rome. I hadn't checked the basket when we got to our cabin. I was busily unpacking when there was a knock on the door. I assumed it was the room steward but, no, it was another crew member holding out two regular sized bottles of wine! I can assure you they did not come from my agent. When I checked the basket, there were no "liquids" in it at all so I can only assume it was what was suppose to be in the basket.

Tucker in Texas

Does Emerald qualify for the little bottles of wine?

• 2 months later...

I checked today because I remembered someone saying the wine choice may come back in July or August, and it did have choices for white and red wine for Diamond Plus, and I'm sure Pinnacle. The brand listed is Los Riscos.

Hi, my nickname is harleyheiner, i am D+ from germany. Does anyone know, if the couple are both D+ , every one can pick a bootle of wine for delivering to the stateroom, or to the Maindiningroom? In the past, exactly in March 2013 we got 2 beers for the welcome, and 1 bottle of wine at the 3. day.

Thanks for the answers

Sigrid

Archived