!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC09028_zpsea6a229e.jpg

When we got back home she went to store to buy another pair, but she had to pre-order it because they stopped making the white model.

Want those shoes! Where did your mother get them.....on the ship? I, also, want white! Do you know the brand, maybe I can pre-order them or look for them online? Thanks!

Gambee definitely needs to be receiving commission! Cruises (even upgrades to aft rooms...AND suites since he shares pictures of those rooms as well!), cameras, suitcases, fedoras, Carlos' bake shop items, specialty restaurants, we could go on and on...

I agree Gambee should get something from NCL. I have been reading this review and just asked my TA to change my room to a better (and more expensive) one. Before reading it, I was actually thinking about canceling it and switching to an all inclusive resort instead. Not anymore.

Gambee - you are awesome! I love your writing style and you are a fantastic photographer. Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this review.

Gambee, your pics are fabulous. Love the Cat Sailing, this is something I would have never considered and now I can't wait to do it!

Do you mind my asking - how much did it cost booking directly and do they only take cash or can you pay with credit card when you book these excursions directly?

Thank you so much for all of this info!

DSC09158_zpsde5dc96f.jpg

DSC09160_zps9edfb803.jpg

DSC09161_zpsd2730b0c.jpg

DSC09162_zps4897142e.jpg

DSC09163_zps00b31090.jpg

This one was so cute.

DSC09165_zpsfa7ecc25.jpg

Ok that is about it for this set, I have to run to work. I should be able to catch up with all the comments tomorrow, and finish the review this weekend.

Gorgeous but WAY over priced. If you are ever in the Fort Myers area, stop in to the Shell Factory on Route 41. They also make hand blown glass there (right in front of you), much like the pictures above, for a fraction of the cost!

You captured 2 of my most favorite places in the world in your specatular pictures; Manhattan where I lived until moving to Texas 10 years ago and Bermuda where I took 2 cruises. Bermuda will always be my favorite port and more so now with your amazing pictures.

Although I'll be sorry to see this incredible journey end, I'll be waiting for your Breeze review with much anticipation. The one I really want to see is a Gambee Quantum review!

I went on May 26 cruise, right after Gambee so I din't have the chance to read his review before our cruise. So I didn't see half the places on the ship and in Bermuda that he has pictures of!!!

That's it! I've made my decision!

From now on I'm booking our cruises only AFTER Gambee takes the cruise AND posts the review I can follow!!!:D

Great review, wonderful pictures. :)

I doubt it. I think that the extra cost options (what some refer to as "nickel and diming") are appearing on more and more ships/lines. It's just a sign of the times... ways to generate additional revenue.

I, for one, like to have such options. :)

Tom

I think this is just like the airlines now charging for bags, food, etc. It will

not get better just worse. If you want it you are going to pay for it.

.... The glass art was absolutely amazing, ...

I think you would probably enjoy the Hot Glass show on the first three "S" class Celebrity ships. Personally I do care much for the glass show on "S" class ships and prefer the changes made with Silhouette and Reflection.

Regards,

Kevin " I have a pic of Gambee" Reid

Want those shoes! Where did your mother get them.....on the ship? I, also, want white! Do you know the brand, maybe I can pre-order them or look for them online? Thanks!

Yes, they are Crocs and I really love them. I was not very happy because of that, but in that beautiful place you do not have the right to be sad. :) :):)

Yes' date=' they are Crocs and I really love them. I was not very happy because of that, but in that beautiful place you do not have the right to be sad. :) :):)[/quote']

What a great vacation attitude. Now I see where Gambee gets his upbeat outlook!

Yes' date=' they are Crocs and I really love them. I was not very happy because of that, but in that beautiful place you do not have the right to be sad. :) :):)[/quote']

If that's the worst thing you lose you're one lucky lady! I did find them and ordered them. I hope they fit since they only have full sizes but Zappos is great with returning items!

Edited by hpecorari

I totally igree with you. I would never approach a celebrity who was at dinner or on vacation. After all everyone needs a little privacy. However you are right on here. This man was part of the creating of the ship. He was on there to represent his art on the hull. He should have acknowledged everyone who approached him with at least a friendly smile and a thank you for giving of "thier free time" while they ARE on thier vacation which I'm sure have worked and saved hard for. With that said this man does not even deserve the space on this board he is totally not worth it. As I said before Gambee< as I expected" was the real man and true gentleman in this exchange.

Great review and photo's. Since your from South Florida you need to try snorkeling at Looe Key (Bahia Honda State Park) Looe is one of the best places to go in the world. Hundreds of different fish and yes you will see a few reef sharks:eek:

Your shoe story brought back memories.

When our kids were young, we spent a couple years sailing around the Caribbean on our sailboat. (Not a cat, but our next one was.) My daughter's shoe went over board one day while at Trellis Bay in the BVI. We tried to find it but could not. We asked some friends to keep an eye out for it and to save it for us if they did find it. We were heading to a different island. We saved that shoe for months. I finally threw it out because we were not planning on returning to Trellis. Well, 4 mos later we did return and our friends greeted us with the lost shoe, proud that they had saved it for us.

Goodness, what an amazing review.

I just got off my own cruise this weekend and I'm trying to catch up with this review. I'm only on page 12 so far, but chucking along. I also ended up spending some time looking for that camera. :)

Edited by Aurora2143

Wow Gambee - I've finally caught up on page 60! :)

and wow what a review and awesome pics! :)

I know how much hard work goes into writing a review and posting pics as I tried to do a detailed ish review of my recent Jade cruise. I had a lot of problems with a very slow and not very well laptop and a photobucket site that kept crashing! Grrr! :mad:

The review is a little unfinished as I haven't completed the part of the holiday after the cruise when I stayed in Rome for a few more days so I am shamed to complete it now after reading your masterpiece!

The Breakaway looks very Epic like. I totally love the chandelier. I love the decor on both ships. I feel that's what let's the Jade down as the speciality restaurants just don't have that extra pzazz!

At least the Epic has proper balconies though.... those aren't balconies on the Breakaway.... I would just have to have an aft balcony! :)

I nearly had one on the Jade, perhaps the cruise after my next cruise or if I am lucky enough to have another cruise before my Azamara Quest one!

I certainly would never have thought of visiting Bermuda as a destination but it is totally gorgeous, the colour of the water is amazing... so that's yet another cruise on my to do cruise list! :)

Keep on writing and posting pics, really am appreciating it as are many others! :D

Peter Max

Ok so let me talk a little about Peter Max.

I am not sure when, but at some point in time that afternoon, I was walking around on the pool deck and I saw Peter Max. First of all I could not believe that I actually recognized him, I was very excited about that. They were both walking and his friend was pointing up to the water slide, like to trying to show Max something.

Anyway, I am not sure how I did it, but I managed to get a lot of courage and go to him to say hello.

And this is how the conversation went….

Me: Hello, are you you Petter Max.

Him: Yes, (with a not so good face).

Me: Very nice to meet you, great job on the ship (I have to admit that the paint grew on me and I like it now. Trust me, I know how much I was against in the past. But the week before when I saw the ship sailing out of NY it just looked majestic on that cam)

Him: Ok

Me: Would you mind if I get a picture with you?

Him: "Uggghhhhhhhhhhhh" and his companion rolled his eyes

Me: Never mind, no worries, enjoy your cruise.

Him: Them he finally smiled and gave a weak high five.

I am not really sure what to say here, I understand that he must of taken thousands pictures by now. But I did felt a little let down by his attitude, I mean he is a celebrity in a ship which he decorated… Of course he is going to get people asking for pictures.

The funny thing out this entire situation is that I actually recognized him. I am absolutely horrible with faces, I really cannot believe that I recognized him.

My bf said that I should of told him his art was horrible, and put him in his place. But that is just not me, if he wants to be like that then be it. I wont sink to his level!

One thing is for sure, I will never buy any of his art!

I suppose if I ever saw him, I would stand within earshot of him and say to my hubby (a little loud), "Doesn't this ship look like it was painted by a 7 year old?"

I suppose if I ever saw him, I would stand within earshot of him and say to my hubby (a little loud), "Doesn't this ship look like it was painted by a 7 year old?"

And if I heard you I'd chime in with: "He may be an ok painter but I hear he's very rude!"

He didn't have to invite The Gambee back to his suite for drinks but he should have been polite and showed some class, especially since he was getting paid a compliment .

IMO I would not have him paint the underside of my car, lucky for me he would not want to do it as his signature wouldn't fit.

Edited by shaun07