Tell me about your best Meet & Greet?

4spring

I've been on several Carnvial cruises & have gone to some Meet & Greets. Some never got off the ground, other were more organized & you felt as if you knew quite a few folks early on in the cruise. Was just curious, if others have gone to Meet & greets & what made them special? Anyone do anything unusual or any good ideas to share?

Hmm, great question. Best was on NCL because they had a few officers show up. I like the ones held at less deadly times (not at 11am on the first sea day). Best one had a lot of cocktails (I don't even drink ;), lot of snacks, name tags, and circulation, not sitting. It's really more about putting faces to names than the event itself.

Best meet and greet was 9/10/12 on the Triumph. We had a very active roll call and we set up a 2 hr all u can drink party w/snacks. We had 36 people show. After our party most everyone came back to our aft-wrap cabin and continued the party there. We saw each other almost everyday of the cruise, even on excursions. We are friends with several now on Facebook. Lots of fun and would love to sail them all again!

My Elation group was AWESOME! Probably the smallest meet and greet of all and everyone seemed to click with everyone. We all planned excursions together, went to shows, etc, etc. It was great! Still keep up with many of that group!

WOW ShotoJuku, I can't even imagine getting a Roll Call to party like that! How did you do it? How long was the cruise and how long was your RC active?

I started the roll call on February 15th 2012, some 15-months before we sailed. I would say that our core group was really interested in having the best overall cruise experience they could and we truly pooled our collective resources together to make it happen - the M&M's are the BEST!!

best m and g was actually on celebrity in hawaii. great group including a guy that was the second in command on the Pueblo, an american ship captured many years ago in North Korea.

Best meet and greet was 9/10/12 on the Triumph. We had a very active roll call and we set up a 2 hr all u can drink party w/snacks. We had 36 people show. After our party most everyone came back to our aft-wrap cabin and continued the party there. We saw each other almost everyday of the cruise, even on excursions. We are friends with several now on Facebook. Lots of fun and would love to sail them all again!

I agree Pat. We talk about it all the time. We had a great group. It seemed like we ran into each other the whole trip. I'm ready for another one.

Gary & Rox

Splendor Do it Yourself. On Embarkation Day before Muster Drill, We met at the Aft bar, and wore mardi gras beads to identify ourselves. Each person paid their own bar tab. We would bump into each other after and say hi.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Our best M&G was actually on Royal Caribbean. They gave us an entire lounge, officers of the ship came, talked to us, they served drinks and hors d'ouevres (for free), Cruise Director ran it ....introductions for all in attendance, they passed out RCI goodies (water bottles, note pads, S&S card holders).....just a really nice little extra. They talked about CruiseCritic, told us they valued our opinion and DID read these boards.....a very nice M&G with a lasting memory.

Never had any luck with them. On 4 of our cruises we were suppose to meet up and it never materialized.

I think 2 of them because it was suppose to be during the sail-a-way party.

One day I will enjoy a M&M.

They were trying to get one going for the Freedom coming up but it just can't seem to get off the ground.

Splendor out of N.Y. April 8th this year. I have cruised a lot but was never on CC before so this was my first m&m it was fantastic. The people were great they were so much fun. we did a slot pull a great cocktail party they did things for the kids that were there. They are on facebook but since I am not I miss out. Looking forward to many more

After the M&G at the bar, we all put in some money and did a slot pull on the Spirit. It was an absolute hoot (presumably due to the aforementioned liquor).

Ours on Breeze last year in Barcelona was outstanding...we organized it ourselves...via a social media website & the Roll Call...we just picked a time/place on boarding day...we ginned up some nametags as a .pdf file and spreadit around so everybody could print it themselves prior to the cruise...it was BYOB...Buy Your Own Booze.

005.jpg

Our best one was the first one on the Destiny. There was no group. I met a lady on the old AOL cruise board who was going on the same cruise with her husband. We decided to meet at the atrium bar on the first day. DW, SIL and I met them, ran into them quite often and we still keep in touch.

Went to two other ones and they were total flops. The thing I don't like about them is that most of them want to meet on the first day during sail-away. That's when we want to explore the ship and just take in the fact that we're on a cruise.

The last two cruises that had M&M's, they wanted to do pub crawls and cabin crawls. Not in to either one of those so we just stayed away from them.

I've been part of 2 fantastic Meet & Greet parties.

The first one was in 2011 on Miracle. We had a very active roll call. The party was in one of the lounges with a cash bar, probably on our first sea day. On another day, Tom (of Tom-n-Cheryl) organized a slot pull which was a lot of fun. Thanks, Tom.

The other fantastic M & G was this past January on the 1st leg of our B2B on Freedom. We had a pretty active roll call and one of the gals organized a M & G which was also held in one of the lounges. Those of us who were interested, prepaid just under $17 each for a 1-1/2 hour open bar. We were given wrist bands if we had prepaid for drinks.

She also had a "game" where you brought something from your state which was worth about $5 to $10. I don't remember how the game went, but it was interesting. Everyone who participated was in a circle. A poem was read & the gifts went to the right, then to the left, etc. Then it stopped on a person & they showed what their "prize" was, & the person who had brought it explained what state it was from, etc.

I was going to participate with Michigan's famous Sander's Hot Fudge but changed my mind as I was packing for the cruise. I was very glad I decided not to participate as many, many people brought either baseball caps or t-shirts and I don't wear either of them.

Archived