Comparing the titanic to oasis

It's kind of crazy to think that at the time the titanic sailed it was such an amazing thing and now the oasis could run it over and it wouldn't even slow it down. It's amazing that in 100 years cruise ships have evolved so much. I have yet to see the oasis in person. I had hoped we would see it on one of my cruises but it has never been in port at the same time.

It's kind of crazy to think that at the time the titanic sailed it was such an amazing thing and now the oasis could run it over and it wouldn't even slow it down. It's amazing that in 100 years cruise ships have evolved so much. I have yet to see the oasis in person. I had hoped we would see it on one of my cruises but it has never been in port at the same time.

The Oasis would have to catch the Titanic first....The Titanic could leave the Oasis behind....:D

It's everything that's bigger.

In 1912 the world's tallest building was the Met Life building in NYC at 700 feet. Now it's the Burj Khalifa in Dubai at 2,700 feet.

So Titanic was huge by the standards of the time, not just the standards for ships but for structures in general.

BTW the Titanic was 882 feet, so they could claim that the ship was longer than the world's tallest building, at the time.

The Oasis would have to catch the Titanic first....The Titanic could leave the Oasis behind....:D

Not easily... Oasis did 24.4 knots in sea trials. Titanic was designed for 24 knots, but never got a real trial. Her sister ships, Olympic and Britannic, trialed at 23 knots.

Not sure how well the Oasis would do there either. At least it has more life boats!

Actually, it doesn't. When comparing the Oasis and Titanic, I always love to mention that the Oasis is 3x the size, holds 2.5x the amount of people, but has less lifeboats. Granted, the lifeboats hold WAY more people, but I always leave that part out. And of course there are inflatable rafts for the crew, but when it comes to actual boats, Oasis 18, Titanic 20.

Archived