Solo travelers: Studio vs Inside?

I recently completed a cruise on the Epic in a studio. Loved the room and had a wonderful time.

I'm thinking about the Epic again for next year and I'm considering maybe getting a regular inside cabin and paying the supplement...for those of you who've traveled solo on the Epic, do you choose the studios or a regular inside and why? I'm wondering if the extra space would be worth the extra expense.

Would love to hear opinions :)

I recently completed a cruise on the Epic in a studio. Loved the room and had a wonderful time.

I'm thinking about the Epic again for next year and I'm considering maybe getting a regular inside cabin and paying the supplement...for those of you who've traveled solo on the Epic, do you choose the studios or a regular inside and why? I'm wondering if the extra space would be worth the extra expense.

Only YOUR opinion matters when trying to decide what YOU want to do on YOUR cruise.

Do you mind/can you afford paying the extra money?

Do you care about losing access to the Studio Lounge?

Do you feel you need the extra 28 sq ft of space?

You'll never be able to determine what is best for YOU by examining what others prefer....go with what YOU prefer.

I was fine with the Studio on the Epic and booked one for the Breakaway. But that was because I only used it for sleeping and showering. I had an inside on the NCL Jewel and yes, there was more room but I liked the Epic more so it was a very slight trade off as far as I was concerned

Have been on the epic as a solo in both a studio and inside. First was an inside as the PCC actually found it was cheaper to pay for two in an inside than one in a studio.

Either works....you can still attend the mixers in the lounge and go to dnner with people you meet etc. i for one LOVED the studio (perfectly adequate size for one) and the whole atmosphere, but i was very fortunate to meet really A+ new friends on our cruise.

I booked a studio on the Epic again, although paying more than for the cheapest inside category.

First reason was the location of the room deck wise.

Second reason was the itinerary. As it is a transatlantic cruise I expect some days with not so great weather. To have a nice quiet place inside to sit down and do some work on the computer or reading can be an advantage this time.

But overall for me it is a really close decision. On the breakaway I would have opted for the inside because of the smaller studio lounge.

I've been on the Epic twice while traveling solo. Once in a studio the other time in a Balcony. I didn't find the studio cramped at all, so personally if I was going to pay more I'd lean towards paying more for light not space. So I don't think I'd go with an inside instead of Studio unless it was cheaper than the studio, but you may have a different set of criteria. :)

true~~I would go for light rather space~~I booked a studio on the Breakaway for October~~I sure hope I like it~~I only stayed in oceanview~~balcony and mini-suites before! Any suggestions! Should I stick with the studio~~it is affordable for me!:)

true~~I would go for light rather space~~I booked a studio on the Breakaway for October~~I sure hope I like it~~I only stayed in oceanview~~balcony and mini-suites before! Any suggestions! Should I stick with the studio~~it is affordable for me!:)

I've sailed in all categories on ships (except suite) and I actually enjoyed the studio cabin. It was perfect had plenty of room for things and it was cozy and quiet. (read nobody running down the halls at all hours because there is key only access to the studio hallways).

I think you'll find it quite an experience, I didn't miss the light as I was always out and about (usually in the spa all day) and it was nice to go to the living room and get a cup of hot chocolate and cookies instead of going all the way to the buffet.

It sure beats paying nearly 200% of the regular room rate for any other cabin type. (Okay I also loved the changing lighting in the room :D)

Sure I was in one for 11 days on a Transatlantic and felt fine. There's a lot to do on the ship and you'll spend little time in there anyway, but even if you did it's a comfortable space. They feel bigger than they are.

I have sailed Epic solo in a Studio, a inside and a balcony.

The insides are now often cheaper than the studios, and on the Trans-Atlantic The Balcony was only just more.

I'd rank them Balcony - Studio - Inside.

Usable space in an inside isn't much more than a Studio as they have a massive wardrobe which bulges out as well as the desk/vanity. The TV is smaller but you do get a fridge. I was able to attend the solo meetings but without access to the lounge outside of these times I missed the facilities or just to check the flip chart.

However the balcony, daylight and being able to walk out in the morning without getting dressed up is so much better!

This year will be a balcony again.. Or maybe a suite :)

Archived