Inoculations for a med cruise?

Hello!

We are booked on our first med cruise - Rome, Greece, Turkey - and I read in my cruise documentation about making sure to have the proper inoculation documentation. (Specifically, it keeps mentioning yellow fever.) Is this really necessary for a med cruise??? I have been to Italy before and never heard of having to provide proof of shots. Called RCI and the person I spoke to just said to follow whatever it says in the cruise documentation and couldn't give any specifics on where we were cruising to! (I know you're shocked)

Hoping those of you that have sailed these med cruises can chime in with your experience. Do we need shots and a certificate or not?

thanks in advance!

I do not know of any yellow fever outbreaks in the Mediterranean basin, but you could google it.

Yellow fever is quite well-known in parts of South American, and I got the shot when I cruised there, but no one ended up asking for my verification.

(nor did anyone on my cruise contract yellow fever, as far as I know. ;))

The only innoculations we always make sure to have is our flu shots. You should always check with your health care provider that will be based on your personal needs regardless of where you are traveling. The only place we felt a need for additional innoculations was for our land trip to China..the western Med not so much.

Try to make sure you are vaccinated against the effects of wonderful culture, architecture, stunning scenery and historical buildings, beautiful beaches and a diverse but welcoming population.

Most of these things are very contagious, and once you have contracted the bug......it will be difficult to cure!

The only shots you will need come in little glasses!

We look forward to welcoming you to Europe.

Try to make sure you are vaccinated against the effects of wonderful culture, architecture, stunning scenery and historical buildings, beautiful beaches and a diverse but welcoming population.

Most of these things are very contagious, and once you have contracted the bug......it will be difficult to cure!

The only shots you will need come in little glasses!

We look forward to welcoming you to Europe.

Hahahaha! Best response ever. Thank you for the evening pick me up. :D

Song and a Dance, it's always good to check with your physicians office to just verify that all of your vaccinations are up to date. It's good to do whether or not you are traveling but a good idea with an upcoming trip.

Keith

Hello!

We are booked on our first med cruise - Rome, Greece, Turkey - and I read in my cruise documentation about making sure to have the proper inoculation documentation. (Specifically, it keeps mentioning yellow fever.) Is this really necessary for a med cruise??? I have been to Italy before and never heard of having to provide proof of shots. Called RCI and the person I spoke to just said to follow whatever it says in the cruise documentation and couldn't give any specifics on where we were cruising to! (I know you're shocked)

Hoping those of you that have sailed these med cruises can chime in with your experience. Do we need shots and a certificate or not?

thanks in advance!

Cholara, Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Malaria, are a must. It is so dangerous over here :D

You need nothing, :)

Agree with everyone that nothing is needed for the Med.

We just finished the Singapore to Rome repositioning on Legend of the Seas.

We did what was recommended. Come to find out, the local health department recommends a polio booster shot for those of us who had it many, many years ago along with hepatitis shots. This is for all seniors, not just travelers. Seeing the conditions on those Carnival ships and some pretty nasty bathrooms around the world, I'm thinking hepatitis shots are not a bad idea.

Hello!

thanks in advance!

No you don't need any shots. Yellow fever is not for the mediterranean cruise. it is more for the Africa, etc.

Archived