Inaugural Goodies

I have never been on a Inaugural cruise and I was wondering what Royal Caribbean has done in the past during an inaugural cruise. What type of goodies, if any, do they give you -- or maybe you can buy special items. Is there any special parties/events that differ from the norm.

What do you think they will do for the Quantum?

I've never done an inaugural either and am also very interested in an answer as well. I've done inaugural seasons and they sell limited edition stuff that state that. From what I've heard it's more economical that way so they don't really sell inaugural sailing items but people claim they do give nightly exclusive items to everyone onboard. I've heard of things like bags and hats, but not certain.

I may be mixing up three different inaugural cruises, but I believe on Oasis or Allure we were given very nice beach towels--not the generic ones from the pool deck. We may have received a baseball style cap also. At Labadee we were entertained an unusally good picnic lunch that included large steaks and lobster. Also local Haitian bands marched and played for us and Haitian dignitaries came to tour the ship. There were Haitian dancers who performed also.

There may have been a tote bag with bottled water and a small flashlight too. On Liberty I think they also gave us a nice kind of bag that is specially lined to keep food or bottled drinks cool. Hubby really liked that bag.

The gifts were passed out each day and left on our bed.

You have to decide if these gifts are worth the extra cost of an inaugural cruise. We go because of the excitement and adventure of a new ship.

I'm booked on the inauguarl cruise. This is only my 2nd cruise and I'm so excited !! I was wondering if any celebrities or special entertainment will be on this cruise? That would be exciting. I would love to see someone like Mark Harmon or someone like that. I love NCIS.

I'm booked on the inauguarl cruise. This is only my 2nd cruise and I'm so excited !! I was wondering if any celebrities or special entertainment will be on this cruise? That would be exciting. I would love to see someone like Mark Harmon or someone like that. I love NCIS.

I have a feeling Kristen Chenoweth will be on the inaugural. That's what I'm looking forward to as a huge Pushing Daisies fan. She seems so proud of this ship and really wants to experience it with her relatives so a Thanksgiving week inaugural would be perfect for her.

Maybe we'll even get really lucky and she will take over most of the CD duties so we're not stuck with Ken Rush ruining things again. She has the talent to pull it off.

On Liberty I think they also gave us a nice kind of bag that is specially lined to keep food or bottled drinks cool. Hubby really liked that bag.

I was on Liberty's inaugural as well! Loved every minute of it! :D

On Oasis & Allure (as low woman on the C&A totem pole @ no status and gold) the things I can remember I was given:

• Royal Caribbean tote bag (use it every day for my work bag - it's huge and has a zip top)
  • O & A Baseball hats
  • O & A yellow lanyards
  • RC Cookbook
  • Leather folder thing with the ship photo/certificate
  • picture frame
  • tons of chocolates
  • "champagne" (aka cider vinegar with alka seltzer) upon embarkation
  • and the lovely Ken Rush

I did see people using the towels in Costa Maya and Cozumel on the Allure cruise but think they were only given to the upper tiers :(

I have a feeling Kristen Chenoweth will be on the inaugural. That's what I'm looking forward to as a huge Pushing Daisies fan. She seems so proud of this ship and really wants to experience it with her relatives so a Thanksgiving week inaugural would be perfect for her.

Maybe we'll even get really lucky and she will take over most of the CD duties so we're not stuck with Ken Rush ruining things again. She has the talent to pull it off.

I don't remember Ken Rush. But I sure he was on Allure of the Seas when I was on that ship. I don't pay alot of attention to things like that.LOL. I watched the video with Kristen Chenoweth. She seems like a fun person and would do a good job. I'm looking forward to the gifts but I'm just a lonely gold member.So I'm sure the people with higher levels like diamond & diamond + will get the really good gifts. I'm just excited and being on this cruise and not having to cook Thankgiving dinner next year!!!!!

On Oasis & Allure (as low woman on the C&A totem pole @ no status and gold) the things I can remember I was given:

• Royal Caribbean tote bag (use it every day for my work bag - it's huge and has a zip top)
  • O & A Baseball hats
  • O & A yellow lanyards
  • RC Cookbook
  • picture frame
  • tons of chocolates

I did see people using the towels in Costa Maya and Cozumel on the Allure cruise but think they were only given to the upper tiers :(

Don't worry this is what we got as Platinum got on the Oasis Inaugural as well.:D I do know that D and D+ got a few more things but all and all I do remember getting something that said Oasis and Inaugural every night on the sailing. It was fun to come back after dinner to see what surprise was waiting for us

If for no other reason I enjoyed the festivities on the inaugural voyage. If it were not for the itinerary on the QotS Inaugural we would have booked it. the staff was still getting their bearings on the ship but it was a good sailing. I say if you are thinking about it go for it!

Don't worry this is what we got as Platinum got on the Oasis Inaugural as well.:D I do know that D and D+ got a few more things but all and all I do remember getting something that said Oasis and Inaugural every night on the sailing. It was fun to come back after dinner to see what surprise was waiting for us

If for no other reason I enjoyed the festivities on the inaugural voyage. If it were not for the itinerary on the QotS Inaugural we would have booked it. the staff was still getting their bearings on the ship but it was a good sailing. I say if you are thinking about it go for it!

If I only get the tons of chocolate, I would be so happy !!! I told a co worker I need to lose weight so I could gain 5 or 10 lbs on this cruise. LOL

• O & A Baseball hats
  • O & A yellow lanyards
  • RC Cookbook
  • picture frame
  • tons of chocolates

Did they say Inaugural, or just Oasis? I actually have a Lanyard that says "Live the Oasis" I won it during trivia and was told at the time that they were left over from the Inaugural and found in the back of a supply closet where they store the prizes. Don't know if that was true or not.

I want to do an inaugural. I also like the TA, but don't know if they will do anything special on that. I would like that better I think, but not if they aren't going to do anything special on the ship for the crossing. While the goodies would be nice, I am more interested in special events, like a special guest entertainer, or other grand opening type things

Did they say Inaugural, or just Oasis? I actually have a Lanyard that says "Live the Oasis" I won it during trivia and was told at the time that they were left over from the Inaugural and found in the back of a supply closet where they store the prizes. Don't know if that was true or not.

I want to do an inaugural. I also like the TA, but don't know if they will do anything special on that. I would like that better I think, but not if they aren't going to do anything special on the ship for the crossing. While the goodies would be nice, I am more interested in special events, like a special guest entertainer, or other grand opening type things

Has anyone heard who the entertainer will be? When I was on the allure ,we had a guy that looked like Sammy Davis Jr. I'm hoping for good band or singer. I wonder what other special events there will be.

By far the worst part of any RCCL inaugural is having Ken Rush as the CD!

By far the worst part of any RCCL inaugural is having Ken Rush as the CD!

Yep, I really wish Royal Caribbean would learn that people don't like him. I've met many crew members that were incredible, the majority were average, but only one person I can honestly say was terrible; Ken Rush. He is the most arrogant and rude person I have ever met on a ship, that's saying something, lol. Believe me, I've written Royal Caribbean many times to say not to put Ken Rush on these new ships but they don't listen. We've already seen him at the last reveal so he'll likely have Quantum. According to the CD thread though he is joining Freedom right now so either no reveals are scheduled soon or we may finally be free of him. Need to hope for it.

Yep, I really wish Royal Caribbean would learn that people don't like him. I've met many crew members that were incredible, the majority were average, but only one person I can honestly say was terrible; Ken Rush. He is the most arrogant and rude person I have ever met on a ship, that's saying something, lol. Believe me, I've written Royal Caribbean many times to say not to put Ken Rush on these new ships but they don't listen. We've already seen him at the last reveal so he'll likely have Quantum. According to the CD thread though he is joining Freedom right now so either no reveals are scheduled soon or we may finally be free of him. Need to hope for it.

My DH & I agree that Ken Rush is not a good fit on RCCL. We just have to remember to reflect our experience on the evaluations. Now, back to the subject... We hope to be surprised with nice gift too! Unfortunately, we are not on the very 1st cruise, but on the 1st 11 day Caribbean cruise! We are looking forward in exploring every deck :)

On Brilliance they gave out hard bound books about the Brilliance. We got 2 of them...gave one to our TA and kept the other...Also got a RCCl computer mouse that had a floating ship in the mouse. That was a prize won at the M&M. It did not fit my computer so I sold it on EBay...

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I felt I have to speak up. We've gone on 3 inaugurals so far, and we've had Ken Rush as CD each time and we've liked him a lot. He seemed to have great organizational skills when things were often chaotic. Everybody's welcome to their opinion though.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I felt I have to speak up. We've gone on 3 inaugurals so far, and we've had Ken Rush as CD each time and we've liked him a lot. He seemed to have great organizational skills when things were often chaotic. Everybody's welcome to their opinion though.

I have had Ken as CD on two inaugurals and sailed with him as CD about 5 times. I too give a 2 thumbs up to Ken. :)

is the transatlantic the inaugural, or the forst one from cape liberty?

The official Inaugural is 23rd November 8 night sailing from Cape Liberty.....but, there is the Transatlantic on 2nd November and a 2 night & a 3 night sampler before the 23rd November Inaugural.

Archived