Jewel Southern Caribbean Photo Trip Report May 25th!

I have Thenford Gray and Cosol booked for our July 6 cruise. Would you do those over again if you knew what you know now? Did you have any negatives about either of them?

Yes, I would and no, I don't. In that order ;)

I have Thenford Gray and Cosol booked for our July 6 cruise. Would you do those over again if you knew what you know now? Did you have any negatives about either of them?

We were on both of these tours with Sinny, and absolutely would book them again, and would recommend them to anyone. My husband and kids thought Cosol was one of the best excursions we've ever taken anywhere.

We also toured with Lawrence of Antiqua, and would highly recommend his tour too! And, of course, Bernard's tour in St. Maarten, if you are looking for ideas for those ports too.

I have read your review and loving it. I am cruising with Sunny AZ Girl and BillOh next May. I really like the sound of the Cosol tour in St Lucia. You mentioned getting in & out of the boat. Can you explain? I saw lots of stairs. Did you have to take them? I have somewhat mobility issue. I can walk but have muscular dystrophy and climbing using leg muscles is very difficult so any info you can provide would be welcomed. Thank you for your great review Sinny.

Edited by AZ Karaoke Girl

We were on both of these tours with Sinny, and absolutely would book them again, and would recommend them to anyone. My husband and kids thought Cosol was one of the best excursions we've ever taken anywhere.

We also toured with Lawrence of Antiqua, and would highly recommend his tour too! And, of course, Bernard's tour in St. Maarten, if you are looking for ideas for those ports too.

Wow it is funny that you say that...... I've already booked Lawrence and Bernard too. I'm excited. I have Thenford, Cosol, Lawrence, and Bernard.

Hi Sinny! Loving your review. We're not cruising this year, but we're taking our little guy on a cruise next year. I miss it! Your review is helping the time pass. Excellent writing and pictures :)

The ship sailed at 8.20 pm. There were a lot of people on deck and it's really something to see. San Juan looks great in the moonlight.

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

Sigh. I love sailaway from San Juan. It's the prettiest sailaway I've experienced so far. Just beautiful.

Finally getting to read your review Sinny! Little thing like my daughters HS graduation kept me off CC for a little while, but now ...yeah! A Jewel review!

Still not the same itinerary we are doing in the fall, (Tortola, SMX, st Kitts, Dominica, Barbados) wondering if Jewel is not doing it till later:confused:

So some thoughts!

Love you pics!

Agree about the WJ on Jewel, usually not a buffet gal, but I will eat anything to sit in that wonderful space on Jewel...breaks my heart it's going bye bye:(

Agree about the jogging deck...I just won't bother dodging all the fancy drink folks! And the view is so wonderful in the gym on Jewel!:D

Looking forward to the rest!

Finally getting to read your review Sinny! Little thing like my daughters HS graduation kept me off CC for a little while, but now ...yeah! A Jewel review!

Still not the same itinerary we are doing in the fall, (Tortola, SMX, st Kitts, Dominica, Barbados) wondering if Jewel is not doing it till later:confused:

So some thoughts!

Love you pics!

Agree about the WJ on Jewel, usually not a buffet gal, but I will eat anything to sit in that wonderful space on Jewel...breaks my heart it's going bye bye:(

Agree about the jogging deck...I just won't bother dodging all the fancy drink folks! And the view is so wonderful in the gym on Jewel!:D

Where is the Windjammer going?:confused:

Where is the Windjammer going?:confused:

Well, some part of it will still be there, but after all the dry docks, all the radiance ships will,have pay venue dining in the areas where those wonderful aft dining and solarium dining rooms are now. I know it's over sized for the amount of pax now, but that's what I love about it!

I have read your review and loving it. I am cruising with Sunny AZ Girl and BillOh next May. I really like the sound of the Cosol tour in St Lucia. You mentioned getting in & out of the boat. Can you explain? I saw lots of stairs. Did you have to take them? I have somewhat mobility issue. I can walk but have muscular dystrophy and climbing using leg muscles is very difficult so any info you can provide would be welcomed. Thank you for your great review Sinny.

Hi and thank you!

The stairs you saw are at the volcano. The volcano tour requires you to walk up and down the stairs but it only lasts about 10-15 minutes which means you can skip the tour and wait by the vans where the gift shops and toilets are.

IMG_1207.JPG

Now in this photo you can see the boat next to the pier. There aren't stairs but there is a ladder which you have to climb to get up and down. It's not easy as the boat is moving with the waves BUT we did have many chivalrous gentlemen who held the boat close to the pier and gave us ladies all the help they could in pulling (and pushing) us up.

If you still have doubts, I recommend e-mailing Cosol. He was very prompt in answering.

I hope you have a great time on your cruise :)

Is there a Diamond Lounge on Jewel? If so, where is it?

No, Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge yet. No schedule for when it might come.

We heard from bigislandcuiser that they held the nightly Diamond event in Hollywood Odyssey (at least some evenings). They also told us that it was almost empty!

Edited by Sinppu

Thanks for the informative review. I'll be on this run soon and you've given me some ideas on things to see. :)

Glad to hear it. Your website is awesome :cool:

Love your "Miami Beach" dress!!!

Thank you! I felt a bit underdressed in it but loved wearing it anyway :)

Hi Sinny! Loving your review. We're not cruising this year, but we're taking our little guy on a cruise next year. I miss it! Your review is helping the time pass. Excellent writing and pictures :)

Thanks Crystal. What name did you give that too-cute-to-be-legal litte guy of yours?

This is a great review and has me extremely excited for my sailing this fall.

I plan on doing a review when I return as well.

Looking forward to it. I promise to compliment it back ;)

So some thoughts!

Love you pics!

Oh I'm in awe... I love your reviews and especially Nikki. She does such a great job :D:p

Thank you ;)

Terrific review! I'm looking forward to getting back to the Southern Caribbean on the Jewel next year. I love the Radiance class of ships.

Thanks! even if I do prefer bigger ships the Radiance Class are beautiful.

Awesome review Sinny! I love the way you write...the humor and wit can't be beat! Can't wait to read more! :)

Thank you Sinny! We will be boarding her SATURDAY! Loving this review.

Thank You both.

I'll have to show all these comments to Lowry so I can gloat. He's the pro writer in the family. Ha. :p