Which pajamas do I pack? Summer, winter, or both?

allisons

If you are just asking about the cruise ship I would pack whatever you normally would. For example if you normally take summer go with that as the temperature inside the room would be pretty close to what it normally is.

Keith

If you are just asking about the cruise ship I would pack whatever you normally would. For example if you normally take summer go with that as the temperature inside the room would be pretty close to what it normally is.

Keith

We're doing the northbound cruise. Then we're doing 1 night in Seward, 2 nights in Anchorage, 2 nights in Denali, 2 nights in Fairbanks, and 1 night in Anchorage.

allisons, in this case I would probably take both types of pajamas to be on the safe side.

Keith

That's what I was thinking! But my husband got annoyed when I said that, because we're trying to keep our packing very slim. Both it is! I can't believe I'm already packing for a trip 3 1/2 weeks away! I always pack the night before vacation!

Good luck with all of this. We pack early.

Keith

I had to buy so much stuff for Alaska. And it's not stuff that I would normally wear or use. So I figured that I might as well put it in the suitcase. Then I can just finish off with the last little bits of stuff the night before. It's so easy! I might do this for future vacations!

Keith

I agree with Keith - since I can adjust the room temperature to suit me..... take one but not both. Think I would lean towards the lighter. Temps in June in Alaska can be same as Southern Michigan. Plus the comforter on the bed our first cruise was pretty heavy. Enjoy.

I agree with Keith - since I can adjust the room temperature to suit me..... take one but not both. Think I would lean towards the lighter. Temps in June in Alaska can be same as Southern Michigan. Plus the comforter on the bed our first cruise was pretty heavy. Enjoy.

Thank you! Will that be pretty much the same at the hotels during our land portion?

I've got all of the clothes down to a science (layers, warm, cool, quick drying, etc.). However, I have no idea what pajamas to pack! Summer, winter, both? Help!

Cruising is so much more fun if you pack no pajamas at all. ;)

Do not waste suitcase space with winter pj. Light weight pj and light weight robe will work in all hotels. You may not have air conditioning available but you will have heat and a blanket. Denali and Fairbanks can get warm and you have long daylight hours in June.

Do not waste suitcase space with winter pj. Light weight pj and light weight robe will work in all hotels. You may not have air conditioning available but you will have heat and a blanket. Denali and Fairbanks can get warm and you have long daylight hours in June.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! That does make sense!

I take a cute nightshirt. if I get chilly I put on a pair of leggings. they are easy to pack and don't take up any room in the bag.

Thank you! I'm not a nightshirt/nightgown person. I only wear pajamas. But I get your point about going with more space-saving options. Thanks!

I was thinking exactly the same thing! You said it much nicer than I would have. :D

Less packing, happy husband!

yep,im thinking also on a cruise, less pajama's happy husband :p sorry if I embarrass anybody.

So you can go out on the balcony to see some sights I recommend pj pants a night gown is to cold. Remember it's going to be light late. So your more likely to go out on the balcony at bed time.

Absolutely! I always wear pajamas. I never wear nightgowns. I'm just trying to figure out if I should bring summer pajamas, winter pajamas, or both.

If you absolutely must bring any, I'd say summer weight. No husband should be subjected to winter weight pjs. Ever. :D

But really, just bring what you like. Your stateroom will be at whatever temp you like, so why stress over summer/winter weight? No way on earth would I pack both. It's not going to be August one minute and December the next.

I would consider what your husband plans to wear, or not wear. If you wear winter PJ's, and he wears none...one of you is going to be uncomfortable whether the thermostate is turned up, or turned down. :rolleyes:

While I like the thought, it could be a problem if you're called to muster at night, because of a fire/stupid captain's move/loss of power incident.

I can't sleep if I'm encumbered by any clothing. Adjust the heat or A/C in the room as needed and throw on extra blankets if necessary. If the dreaded call to muster should sound in the middle of the night, throw on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Easy peasy. :)

Archived