question about Cabana rental

dee1321

We were interested in booking a cabana during our Labadee day for our Oasis cruise in July, however when I try and book it the website says to inquire once on board. We are not in a suite which I believe those guests have priority for cabanas, but does that mean they are sold out of cabanas or is that a standard statement to just put "inquire on board" for all cabanas? Just wondering if renting one may still be a possibility? Thanks for any help or information about renting the cabanas.

There are cabanas available for rental to non suite guests on Nellie's beach. If there are any available they would show up under the shore excursions area on the website. However, they are very popular and since your cruise is next month, the inquire onboard message is an indicator that they are all sold out and there is none available.

They may hold some back for purchase onboard so I would check with the excursions desk as soon as I board if I were you. Good luck!

I would reccomend that you keep checking back frequently on the shore excursion page. When I booked our march oasis trip at 46 days out, the Nellies's beach cabanas were also listed as "inquire on board". I called a rep, and was told that this means they were indeed all reserved already. However, I kept checking the page every day, and the week before we left, the "inquire on board" changed to "reserve now". There must have been a cancellation, so I lucked out and snapped it up right away. Good luck!

As others have said this close to sail date the Nellies cabanas are likely sold out as they are very popular. However, my understanding is they hold out some for on board bookings, and if others cancel they will become available as well. Keep checking the web but also go to the shore excursions once you board and inquire there. And just to confirm, the cost is per cabana, not per person and only one person has to reserve it.

Just as a note regarding how fast they can go, we were able to reserve one today for our 3/14 sailing - 9 months away - and would guess that within a couple of weeks they may be gone.

Keep checking. Last July I booked the Oasis about 4 weeks prior to sailing and the cabanas were listed as "inquire on board". The Saturday before we left I happened to check and there it was "book now" so you never know.

Just as a note regarding how fast they can go, we were able to reserve one today for our 3/14 sailing - 9 months away - and would guess that within a couple of weeks they may be gone.

I reserved my over-the-water cabana more than 15 months before our cruise. I wanted to be sure we got one.

I was able to email the concierge before my cruise and he was able to help me get on a wait list before boarding and then issued one the first day on the ship(I wasn't in a suite). I will say at first I thought the same as the other poster that it cost to much. However once there it was worth every penny. Its makes for such a great day.

Make sure you are only putting one person's name on the reservation. If you list all of the people who are going to be in the cabana, it will come back "inquire onboard." That being said, you are probably too late for a cabana reservation. But, as the other posters said, keep trying the shore excursion section because one may be freed up from being earlier reserved. You just never know. I would be checking several times a day because if one does free up, it will be snapped up in a hurry. They are well worth the money you pay for them. Such a beautiful relaxing way to spend at the beach.

We were interested in booking a cabana during our Labadee day for our Oasis cruise in July, however when I try and book it the website says to inquire once on board. We are not in a suite which I believe those guests have priority for cabanas, but does that mean they are sold out of cabanas or is that a standard statement to just put "inquire on board" for all cabanas? Just wondering if renting one may still be a possibility? Thanks for any help or information about renting the cabanas.

The non suite cabanas should be listed unless already sold out, the Barefoot Beach cabanas are not listed accept as inquire onboard as they are reserved for suite passengers first.

When I inquired months ago my TA contacted RCL as to why they were listed as inquire onboard he was told they were complimentary for suite passengers, WRONG! RCL land people are just as often wrong as right when they give information. I advised I doubted that and he said he did too but they insisted.

So now we sail Thursday, we are in a GS and concierge wrote to welcome us. I inquired about the cabana's, his reply; "I would like to inform you that we have 4 Cabana categories and price is depend on which one

Over water Cabana are 250 $.

Beach or Hiltop Cabana 225 $

Standard Cabana 175 $

Note that included in the price are two bottles of Evian water and that cabana occupancy is up to 6 person. "

What NOT FREE, I am shocked, NOT! We sail quite a bit and learned many years ago that the lines know less and less about their own products every year. That is what makes these boards so relevant actually.

In our case we will not be renting a cabana. It is tempting what with TWO whole bottles of Evian complimentary but guess we will buy a bottle or two with our savings. If the cabanas had an enclosed AC area or if we were traveling with two other couple which we often do then we would reconsider. The suite area itself, Barefoot Beach offers complimentary floats and snorkel gear, upscale BBQ etc. That will be enough for us, have to rough it. :)

Now if a cabana on Barefoot was available and you are not in a suite it might pay as you would get the suite perks that day with it as well, private beach area, gear, additional buffet items etc I presume.

Have a great cruise!!! I will, as always, do a review upon my return.

You can search on youtube as well and Barefoot Beach and the cabana's etc.

George in NY

• 4 weeks later...

If the cruise is this july, they may all be booked. If next July, too early to book. The cruise line saves a couple for the top tier suites which are reserved on board. I would call asap as you will probably not get a cabana once on board.

Good luck.

Archived