Can we take carry on luggage to the room?

hova

We asked for and received priority boarding status from our TA, as a perk. Yes, "verandah" cabins are balcony cabins, distinguished from others by virtue of their being on the Verandah deck (Deck 11).

Your TA must have gotten you FTTF then. No other "priority" boarding other than FTTF, Suites and Plat/Diamond

Question for those who just sneak in and drop off bags without anyone noticing......

What would you do if the steward came to clean your room and found those bags thinking that someone from the previous cruise left them (since you aren't supposed to be in there) and took those bags to Guest Services? Would you be pissed at the steward? Or at Carnival for taking your bags?

There is a reason for everything and I would assume that one of the reasons for not leaving bags in the room unless you are FTTF or have earned the perk would be because the steward would have no idea who those bags belong to. The previous occupant or the new one?

Bingo!

so the rules don't apply to you??

If everyone dropped off luggage the poor stewards would never get the rooms ready.

I will never understand people who think rules don't apply to them.

I hope from now on all ships have the fire doors closed and staff posted to keep folks out until the rooms are ready. We have found this to be the case on all of our cruises.

Like. Probably the same ones who run red lights!

Diamond Platinum and FTTF can enter their staterooms after boarding. Room stewards have a list of which cabins need to be finished before passengers board. All other cabins are not ready and those passengers are to keep their luggage with them until 130. Not sure why some of you feel its ok to sneak your stuff in your cabin when you didn't earn that privledge or pay for it. If you don't want to carry your stuff with you then plan to board a little later so you can go to your room right away. Why do some people feel they don't have to follow the rules? :confused::(:mad:

We asked for and received priority boarding status from our TA, as a perk. Yes, "verandah" cabins are balcony cabins, distinguished from others by virtue of their being on the Verandah deck (Deck 11).

back in 2009 the smaller, older fantasy class ships had their suites on the Veranda deck. Suites get priorty boarding. (she didnt give you anything at all- you paid for that service) But booking a suite gives you Priorty boarding- not to go to the cabins

Let's be honest...most passengers who ignore the signs, open the doors or know full well that they are not supposed to access their cabins, are also going to stick their luggage where they darn feel like..

Sarcasm alert-

Just because the cabin stewards have the doors open, beds in process, vacuums running..I am going to plop my luggage in MY cabin and they can just move around it..

Plus I asked him "IputmyluggageinmycabinbecauseIdon'twatocarryitaroundwhileIeatbecauseithasbeenliketwohourssincebreakfasandIamhungy

and then he nodded so it is okay.

It would be really nice if CCL had a "luggage check" room like NCL does when you board ... Suite pax get immediate access (like FTTF and Plat/Diamond), but everyone else can drop luggage off in a lounge and get a claim check to pick the luggage back up after the "rooms ready" announcement is made.

Hmmm ... maybe a petition would get through to the beards on this ... :rolleyes:

I could see them offering this as another pay service much like they have done with FTTF. I know several would be happy to pay $5 or $10 to have somebody to hold their cases in a coat check type of scenario. But given all the cost cutting that has been going on I can't really see them using valuable staff during the embarkation day business to hold peoples luggage without charging for the service.

Priority boarding does not mean it gives you the right to go straight to your cabin to drop off bags before the designated time. Now that people are paying $50 for the priveledge, I think you will find it isn't as easy to get pass the closed door!!:rolleyes:

Pat

Guest fyree39

I've never dropped my carry-ons in a room that wasn't ready. I can't imagine that anyone would. I've only done this once, maybe twice (dropped my carry-ons off in my room), in 8 sailings. Sometimes when we check in the announcement is never made that the rooms aren't yet ready, so people just meander down.

Platinum on our next cruise, so it'll be a moot point.

Archived