beer prices

xrayjng

Assuming Michael's has a "good" selection, is it possible to wander in, get a bottle with cap intact, and return to cabin with it? May one repeat as necessary to stockpile for future days?

Never tried that as the only stockpile is usually in my belly!

BTW, Michael's is not normally open until 5pm or later in my experience.

Assuming Michael's has a "good" selection, is it possible to wander in, get a bottle with cap intact, and return to cabin with it? May one repeat as necessary to stockpile for future days?

Never tried that as the only stockpile is usually in my belly!

BTW, Michael's is not normally open until 5pm or later in my experience.

Since Michael's does not open till 5 or 7, which has been reported on the boards, then it would make sense to bring a collapsible cooler in your luggage so your room steward could keep it iced up. It would be for the unopened bottles that you would stockpile for the next day to drink before Michael's opened.

This is not a fancy drinks thread......this is a BEER thread in case you didn't notice"......."to repeat myself..".heard it in a bar somewhere ...."if your Honey really loves you --she'll give you moose head" :D:)

before you can sleep you must consume

one dark lord

one ten fidy

and a plinyn the elder

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Or--One Heady Topper

One Pliny the Younger

and a Founders KBS

This is not a fancy drinks thread......this is a BEER thread in case you didn't notice"......."to repeat myself..".heard it in a bar somewhere ...."if your Honey really loves you --she'll give you moose head" :D:)

Ahh.....grab onto the antlers and smile. ;)

Any information on fancy drinks that will be offered in the Classic Package?

Even though this is a beer thread.....it all depends upon what you consider as "fancy drinks". The ones offered at the Molecular Bar on the S Class ships are all 12 bucks and the ones at the Martini bars on all of the ships are mostly 10 bucks, with the 20 year old martini being 11 bucks. I would recommend that you wait until you get on your ship, check out the menus, sample a few drinks and if you feel the need to upgrade to the premium package, then do it whenever you want. You will be charged 10.00, plus 15% tip, or 11.50 per day for each day you upgrade and you can upgrade on day 1 all the way through 3 days left on your cruise. This can be done even if you received the Classic package as part of the 123 Go promotion or the pick your perk promotion.

• 1 year later...
before you can sleep you must consume

one dark lord

one ten fidy

and a plinyn the elder

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Or--One Heady Topper

One Pliny the Younger

and a Founders KBS

I can sleep then...:D

Can somebody please clarify something for me.

On Celebrities site it lists Michaels on the Reflection as a private lounge for passengers in suites, while many other sites list it as the craft beer lounge, open to everyone.

Which is correct?

Can somebody please clarify something for me.

On Celebrities site it lists Michaels on the Reflection as a private lounge for passengers in suites, while many other sites list it as the craft beer lounge, open to everyone.

It is confusing.

Michaels used to be a craft beer lounge, but now Celebrity has converted it into a private lounge for suite/zenith passengers.

It is confusing.

Michaels used to be a craft beer lounge, but now Celebrity has converted it into a private lounge for suite/zenith passengers.

It's not so confusing when you realize you're posting on an 18 month old thread.

Edited by patty1955

It's not so confusing when you realize you're posting on an 18 month old thread.

I asked the question today.

The answer is very disappointing as I loved the craft beer bar on the Constellation last year, and look forward to it again in March.

I was looking at a cruise on the Reflection and was hoping for the same lounge.

With the premium drink package the beer selection in Michaels was awesome.

Without that venue and selection, I am less excited about booking now. :mad:

BTW...thank you for the original responce and clearing it up for me.

Edited by kelz66

I asked the question today.

The answer is very disappointing as I loved the craft beer bar on the Constellation last year, and look forward to it again in March.

I was looking at a cruise on the Reflection and was hoping for the same lounge.

With the premium drink package the beer selection in Michaels was awesome.

Without that venue and selection, I am less excited about booking now. :mad:

BTW...thank you for the original responce and clearing it up for me.

Since you were thinking about the Reflection, look into it's sister ship, the Equinox. There are two new venues that would appeal to you. The first is the Gastropub, which is an upgraded version of Michael's that has been placed where the wine bar used to be and the second is Slush, which is up on the pool deck and has alcoholic and non alcoholic concoctions of an upgraded nature. The second link below is the Gastropub's menu, which blows away Michaels old menu. Had read that the Equinox was rumored to be the next ship in line to get the venue when it goes into dry dock in a few months. Don't know for certain if this is fact or just rumor. We are going on the Equinox for 10 days over Thanksgiving and are looking forward to it big time. Between the Gastropub and the Molecular Bar, I will be one very happy camper.;)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/whats-new?event_date=2014-04-28&sequence_code=a

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

First Celebrity cruise coming up, on the Exquinox. We have the classic pkg, but it says not all beers included. Will the premium pkg include all beers?

The Celebrity site only lists some beers, but looking at menus people have posted, there are other beers available, like IPA"s, Pilsner's, lager's? I'm hoping these are covered in the premium pkg.

First Celebrity cruise coming up, on the Exquinox. We have the classic pkg, but it says not all beers included. Will the premium pkg include all beers?

The Celebrity site only lists some beers, but looking at menus people have posted, there are other beers available, like IPA"s, Pilsner's, lager's? I'm hoping these are covered in the premium pkg.

The premium package will cover all beers up to 13.00. If you want a more expensive beer, you'll pay the price difference, plus 15%. If you go back and check out the prices at the Gastropub, 31 beers are covered under the premium, and 13 are over 13.00, but only 6 of them are over 16.50. With the Michaels Pub locations being converted to a private lounge, the craft beer options will be very limited on most ships until the gastropub conversion from the wine bar is completed. At this point, it's only on the Equinox and the Eclipse has been rumored to get it when it's in dry dock in a few months.

there were about 6-7 beers that included in the classic pkg. Bud light, Corona, Heineken, silver arrow,etc... I was on the Silhouette and they had a display by the Mast grill that was layout perfectly for the classic vs the premium beer.

What is really funny about the beer prices on the list post is how they have changed since Celebrity first started with the beer package and then the drink packages...

for instance

Dogfish 90 was a $9 beer if I read that correctly it is $11 (that is insane unless it is part of your package)

Duval was $8 and now is over $12? crazy

The price is irrelevant if it is in your package.

I did the originally beer package in 2010(?) on the equinox

I have done the premium package on all other sailing if you like to drink the craft beers, premium liquors and have more choice on the wine list then upgrade it is well worth the $10 to $12 a day (gratuity) If you wait until your on the ship you can use your onboard credit.

thanks for updating and posting the gastropub I sail on the equinox in three weeks,,,,,,,,