I just booked my first cruise!!! RC Allure of the Seas

duesouth

Hello I just wanted to share my good news!! I just booked a cruise on allure of the seas for November 10 2013!!!! :) I am so excited!!! Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Congratulations! Hope you have a great time!

You certainly picked the biggest and best for your first cruise. For tips and suggestions you should check out the RCI specific forum and read other peoples' experiences. Allure is different from all the other ships in that you will basically be on floating city. In fact, you have to go out of your way to view the ocean.

With all the time you have before sailing I recommend getting acquainted with all the different restaurants and cafes on board. Most people head straight for the main Wind Jammer buffet on the first day and it gets crowded fast. Few know about all the free restaurants that have almost no wait. Of course, by the second and third day people start figuring out where everything is.

I would also book your entertainment now, on RC's website. Sign up for everything so that you at least have one thing planned for each night even you decide to skip it later. Most of the attractions form long lines before the show and preferential seating always goes to those with reservations. The best attractions do sell out.

Also, sign all the waivers that are required for some of the onboard activities such as the zip-line so you don't have to do it on the ship.

Hi five ace!!! Thanks for the reply... The information is so helpful... Do you know if you can book the shows this far in advance.. I booked through Expedia cruise ship centers. I'm wondering if I need them to book the shows?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Hi five ace!!! Thanks for the reply... The information is so helpful... Do you know if you can book the shows this far in advance.. I booked through Expedia cruise ship centers. I'm wondering if I need them to book the shows?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I suggest you go to the RCI Website.

You will need to set up a User account for yourself (user name and a password).

Once that is done, you can start booking your reservations, book excursions, sign up for drink or soda packages, and other stuff.

Also, join your roll call.

Thanks for all the responses!!! I can't wait to book all my shows... Does anyone know if it's better to book the excursions through the ship or venture out and do it myself? :)

We like to book through the ship if we are going to an unfamiliar port and are concerned about the timing/traffic. There is a better chance of not missing the ship that way (no guarantee, but more likely that they will wait for a group of their own if there is a problem). For ports we're more sure of, we've felt confident booking off board. There are lots of suggestions on the individual ports of call pages (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=5). As for quality, we've had mixed results. Many of the ones we've booked ourselves have been very high quality and cheaper than booking through the ship, but we've had a few clunkers. Conversely, several of the ship-based excursions have been not so great and slightly higher in cost, but that's not always been the case. We've had a few that were great excursions and close to the same cost as booking it off-board, but the inclusion of transportation (and the inherent logistics) makes it worthwhile for us. In the one case where there was a problem with an RCI-sponsored excursion, we wrote up a complaint with guest services and received a percentage refund, and we were happy with that. They at least did something for us, though we really hoped that they would make improvements that would eliminate the problem for future excursion-goers.

I've not yet been able to book shows online (RCI's website), though elsewhere on here I've seen that the times have been announced. I think it's too early, but someone may correct me if I am wrong.

As johneeo said, set up your account at the RCI website. The only thing you might need from Expedia is your booking number - everything else is done through RCI including your pre-cruise planning, excursion choices and entertainment options.

You certainly picked the biggest and best for your first cruise.

I was thinking the same thing! I haven't been on Allure but I did sail Oasis. It is an AWESOME experience. In 20 cruises it was certainly the best ship I've ever sailed. Enjoy yourself.

Go with an open mind, try new foods, activities you might not do at home.

Archived