Breakaway Plus

I am curious any news on the Breakaway Plus for 2015? The DH and moi with a deposit in our hot hands are wondering. Where will she be going, from where will she sail, what might be a possible itinerary, when will we start seeing the press releases? Yes, I know the Getaway is coming but we are hoping for a different cruise. Am I the only one searching for answers?:D

I read it will be the largest ship in the NCL fleet, bigger than Epic

Cant wait to read the details. Curious where it will port. Miami and NYC have full time new NCL ships now. I guess where the market is good. I dont know anything about LA but maybe they could use a new NCL ship for cruises to Mexico?

Who knows ;)

I am still waiting for even more details about the Getaway though HA HA

I read it will be the largest ship in the NCL fleet, bigger than Epic

Cant wait to read the details. Curious where it will port. Miami and NYC have full time new NCL ships now. I guess where the market is good. I dont know anything about LA but maybe they could use a new NCL ship for cruises to Mexico?

Who knows ;)

I am still waiting for even more details about the Getaway though HA HA

I'm hoping they do a CA or WA to Hawaii cruise like Royal Caribbean and Princess. I'd hate to jump ship - even for just 1 cruise.

I'm hoping they do a CA or WA to Hawaii cruise like Royal Caribbean and Princess. I'd hate to jump ship - even for just 1 cruise.

You should never expect NCL to west coast to Hawaii cruises. Other cruise lines HAVE to do that and burn 8-10 days of fuel at sea. They have a ship full time in Hawaii and have no desire to eroad that business with a more expensive solution.

You should never expect NCL to west coast to Hawaii cruises. Other cruise lines HAVE to do that and burn 8-10 days of fuel at sea. They have a ship full time in Hawaii and have no desire to eroad that business with a more expensive solution.

Not everyone wants to fly to Hawaii.

So they can jump on other lines and spend 5 days going and 5 days returning their choice. As I posted NCL will never offer that option unless the give up on NCLA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

And not everyone want to sit on a ship for 4-5 days to get there either. They need to stick with 7 day sailings. I'd bet at least 90% of the cruises are 7 day and below. Most people can't take the time for longer cruises unless your retired

And not everyone want to sit on a ship for 4-5 days to get there either. They need to stick with 7 day sailings. I'd bet at least 90% of the cruises are 7 day and below. Most people can't take the time for longer cruises unless your retired

And if you have 14 or 15 days why not spend them in Hawaii not getting there and back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I agree with you. I would love to one day take the NCL Hawaii cruise. I am not about to float in a boat for 4 or more days just to get to Hawaii when I can fly there in less than a day. Plus you get to see so much more on the NCL Hawaii cruise because of all the ports it goes to.

I agree with you. I would love to one day take the NCL Hawaii cruise. I am not about to float in a boat for 4 or more days just to get to Hawaii when I can fly there in less than a day. Plus you get to see so much more on the NCL Hawaii cruise because of all the ports it goes to.

Ditto

A cruise for us is a means to and end. Basically cheap transportation to see different things.

Ditto

A cruise for us is a means to and end. Basically cheap transportation to see different things.

Yes! No worries about hotels or flights from island to island. Return to your floating hotel and wake up the next morning at a new island. Perfection :)

LOL I got more than I bargained for with my original question :) I am writing thanks for the thought the Getaway will most likely be in the front of the line for press releases before Breakaway Plus.

As to where she will sail I guess it is anyone's guess at this juncture. We loved the Wind so 4 sea days on a ship not a boat would be ok for us especially leaving from San Francisco. I did enjoy everyone's thoughts and possible suggestions in a home port.

I enjoy reading ideas.

LOL I got more than I bargained for with my original question :) I am writing thanks for the thought the Getaway will most likely be in the front of the line for press releases before Breakaway Plus.

As to where she will sail I guess it is anyone's guess at this juncture. We loved the Wind so 4 sea days on a ship not a boat would be ok for us especially leaving from San Francisco. I did enjoy everyone's thoughts and possible suggestions in a home port.

I enjoy reading ideas.

I love sea days but 8-10 to see Hawaii seams like a waste. I just did the Breakaway 7 sea days TA, have the Star 12 day 11 sea day TA, and will do the Getaway 10 sea day TA. None of those cruises are about the destination.

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

I love sea days but 8-10 to see Hawaii seams like a waste. I just did the Breakaway 7 sea days TA, have the Star 12 day 11 sea day TA, and will do the Getaway 10 sea day TA. None of those cruises are about the destination.

I just booked the Breakaway and would love to read a review or "live from" post if you wrote one. If so, please post a link. Thanks in advance.

I just booked the Breakaway and would love to read a review or "live from" post if you wrote one. If so' date=' please post a link. Thanks in advance.[/quote']

You won't see one from me. I used to do live from from most cruises. They just became to confrontational and all the joy was sucked out.

I would love to see a San Juan homeport!

I don't know that any lines put their top tier (newer) ships there, do they?

For me, at least, cruises out of San Juan are too port intensive. We REALLY prefer sea days - unless we're talking about ports we have yet to visit (which in the Caribbean are few and far between).

Tom

You won't see one from me. I used to do live from from most cruises. They just became to confrontational and all the joy was sucked out.

I used to love your live posts. Too bad the haters ended them. How about just a couple of observations? This is our first mega ship and we're wondering how different it will be.

I would say they would send the epic over seas year round and the breakaway plus would take her place

But what about breakaway plus 2??

Do you think they would try the Asia or austrillia market with a newer ship?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived