Planned New Builds - NCL and RCI gearing up!!

Tom-n-Cheryl

at top $ too oops I forgot what the brilliant economist says "ccl can sell for less because they can"

I believe Royal is cutting prices --- at least that is what I see in the ads I am getting. Do you get sales ads showing Royal cruises ?

I googled "Royal Caribbean sales prices" and the results would probably shock you !!

I believe Royal is cutting prices --- at least that is what I see in the ads I am getting. Do you get sales ads showing Royal cruises ?

I googled "Royal Caribbean sales prices" and the results would probably shock you !!

We are talking about Oasis and Allure or as the Sarge says the Malls of the Seas.

You've seen ads for $299 for a 7day cruise on one of those ships?

I just checked for the beginning of July and for an inside guarantee they are charging around $1200 pp.

Bill

The oasis and allure prices are still very high the cheap ones are europe and alaska which are over saturated Ccl is not doing europe in for that reason

We are talking about Oasis and Allure or as the Sarge says the Malls of the Seas.

You've seen ads for $299 for a 7day cruise on one of those ships?

I just checked for the beginning of July and for an inside guarantee they are charging around $1200 pp.

Bill

Please get your information correct before challenging my post. I did not post any of the references you mention, so will discount your post as the usual nonsense.

The oasis and allure prices are still very high the cheap ones are europe and alaska which are over saturated Ccl is not doing europe in for that reason

AHA !!! Reality surfaces. Is there a reason you didn't quantify that in your previous posts. Facts are wonderful if you choose to use them.

For a 7 nt Eastern from Port Canaveral weekend of july 13-14 for an inside CCL was 220 PP less 180 for a balcony pp:D:cool::):p

My next cruise is 9/28 I booked the Gem in Jan for an outside Solo for 1290.47 at the time was about the same for an INSIDE on the Glory same date now Glory is $1,144.69 for an outside and Gem is 2250.47 for an outside

even tho CCL is now 150 less im staying on NCL the platinum perks are better than CCL's diamond perks i prefer going to Bar Harbor & Newport to

Portland

Based on Supply & Demand People perceive NcL is the better choice

I don't see any of my posts on that thread, so I can't help you.

A short time ago, you said Royal was selling at TOP PRICES. That has changed rather quickly when facts were presented.

Oasis & Allure are

tell me What CCL ships are selling at TOP PRICES?

Like I said. The shopping mall is just as exciting and often cheaper.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you! You know I love you but the Oasis and the Allure blew my mind! I'm not being a smartass (as you know I can be) but seriously have you ever been on either ship? I don't remember hearing that you have been - until you experience it you really have no idea how awesome it is!

Sorry but I have to disagree with you! You know I love you but the Oasis and the Allure blew my mind! I'm not being a smartass (as you know I can be) but seriously have you ever been on either ship? I don't remember hearing that you have been - until you experience it you really have no idea how awesome it is!

I would love to but it is too much money but according to Swedish Weave RCCL is cutting prices if this is true i will try it LOL

End of conversation. You are answering your own question by altering the statements.

Carnival is selling their cabins at the prices they decide are appropriate.

not true according to this CCL press release

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-corporation-plc-updates-earnings-212000518.html

"Current cruise ticket pricing for the company has driven higher booking volumes however, at the same time, it has led to lower than anticipated net revenue yields which has resulted in reduced earnings guidance. "

I haven't been on Royal for a few years. I know Oasis and Allure are selling at or the same as when I was on Oasis.

However, other Royal ships are "on sale.?" I'm going to go look now.

I do see Oasis and Allure for sale on balconies once in a while. Then when I look further I see the "sale" prices are for the "inside" balconies .... especially the Central Park balconies. If you look at the outside balconies the prices are as high as ever. If they ever come down, I'd like to go on Allure, but I still think they are too high. (When I booked Oasis it was fully 15 months before she came out, special pricing for Crown and Anchor members;)).

End of conversation. You are answering your own question by altering the statements.

Carnival is selling their cabins at the prices they decide are appropriate.

Lol! This whole conversation should end. It's like watching grade schoolers fight.

Mine is better than yours, no mine is better than yours.

Perception is half the battle. Carnival OBVIOUSLY needs to raise prices with year over year revenues down. Anyone who argues that Carnival wants to make less money this year than next just doesnt get business.

I used to put Carnival over NCL, but lately NCL has been getting rave reviews from friends on the newer ships (not talking about the older ships). I did love Magic.. but its still just a upscale Conquest to me. Carnival is cheap .. thats the best thing about it.. not the shows, not the food, its cheap to book. We all book it for that reason, or most of us. Good for us.. not so good for revenues or the stockholders.

I feel the same way as this post. (and as I say a couple of years would have put NCL at the bottom not Carnival and had Carnival tied with RCL)

It's good to try other lines so that you can see for yourself how they stack up. We now look to RCI and Celebrity as our choices. Carnival is not even on the list. IMHO they have allowed themselves to fall so far behind the other cruise lines that I don't think they will ever catch up. I found NCL to be in between Carnival and RCI.

Some of us are more passionate about Carnival than actual "haters". I would love to see Carnival "be all it can be"... but that, sadly, seems to be fading. Still, I hold out hope.

In the meantime, my future cruise mixture will continue to include mostly NON-Carnival owned lines.

Tom

Ditto, couldn't have summed up my own position any better than this. I like Carnival and would love for them to win me back.

Archived