New Cruisers Tackle Oasis (6/8-6/15/13)... A Photo Review

I think this is the first photo that I have seen of the luggage claim area in Terminal 18. I was trying to explain how things work on disembarkation day to a non-cruising friend and could not find a photo on the internet to give him an idea of the process. Thanks!

You're welcome. I wanted to take more, but DW told me she saw a sign saying "no pictures". I never saw the sign, but didn't want to take any chances. :D

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review! I really enjoyed the trip to the space center too! We haven't been there since 1989. So much has changed since then!

Glad that you had a good anniversary trip!

Thank you for reading. :)

I think this is the first photo that I have seen of the luggage claim area in Terminal 18. I was trying to explain how things work on disembarkation day to a non-cruising friend and could not find a photo on the internet to give him an idea of the process. Thanks!

That's because your not suppose to use cell phones or cameras in that area. It's considered part of customs.

Thank you for the review and Happy Anniversary! I don't think you have said whether or not you are bitten by the cruise bug? Oasis is quite a ship to tackle right out of the gate! Will you cruise again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think it's safe to say we'll cruise again. :D The only "bad" part is now we have to take the kids. So we're trying to figure out when & how (total of 5 of us). :p

Thank you!

Do you know if the folks that did the valet service have to go through the same line?

We've used the valet service twice, and yes, we did have to go through the customs line. We just didn't have to drag our luggage with us (just the rolling carry-on). ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sailing with my 12 year old daughter in two weeks and just read all 12 pages of your thread. If your still checking this I was hoping you could give me some seating advice for the shows. I know you said in the Opal theatre to sit in the lower level on the orange seats in the first row. Is there a specific way to enter the theatre to sit there? We have reservations. Also, any seat recommendations for other shows or for restaurants since it's just the two of us. I'm worried about finding a table since I've heard it's so crowded. Thank you again.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sailing with my 12 year old daughter in two weeks and just read all 12 pages of your thread. If your still checking this I was hoping you could give me some seating advice for the shows. I know you said in the Opal theatre to sit in the lower level on the orange seats in the first row. Is there a specific way to enter the theatre to sit there? We have reservations. Also, any seat recommendations for other shows or for restaurants since it's just the two of us. I'm worried about finding a table since I've heard it's so crowded. Thank you again.

I'm glad you liked the review.

Opal Theater (Come Fly With Me, Hairspray, Love & Marriage):

You'll enter on Deck 4. Obviously, don't go up the stairs (in the theater itself) to get to the balcony. You'll have to go left or right to the aisles, and go down the aisles to the first row of orange chairs). There's a railing directly in front of the chairs, which is (IMO) at a perfect height. I'm not sure if it will be in the way for a 12yo.

Studio B (Frozen In Time, Improv comedy, Quest, etc)

You'll also enter on Deck 4. Seats are arranged in a 'U' and you enter at the 'base' of the U. I liked that section, and we sat one row off the ice. There are more seats on the 'sides' of the U, but I liked the head on view we got.

Aqua Theater (Oasis of Dreams & Splish Splash)

The rows alternate between benches and chairs. I would try to get there early enough to get some of the chairs. I liked the middle section (will also be the first section to fill up). But I also recommend watching the show a second time from one of the 'secret' balconies.

Comedy Club

There's not a lot of bad seats in here. There are some posts, so I wouldn't sit behind those. Don't sit up front unless you don't mind being "picked on" by a comedian. I wouldn't take a 12 yo to this show, but just in case you go by yourself or if someone else is still reading.

Restaurants

Opal Dining room and the specialty restaurants, they will seat you. The others (Windjammer, Park Cafe, Cafe Promanade, Sorrentos, Wipe Out Cafe) you're on your own. As far as fighting the crowds, go "against" the crowd. We got to Windjammer early enough the one time we ate there we had our pick of tables. In (at least near) all the elevator lobbies (and I think on your cabin TV) are interactive maps that show how busy each dining location is.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much. I just wrote it all down and put it in my cruise folder. I usually love cruising because I leave my watch at home and just do what ever we want when ever we want so all this pre cruise planning and show reservation commitment ahead of time is concerning to me. I hope when we board I don't feel like I have to look at my watch all the time because we are "supposed " to be somewhere. Either way I'm sure we'll have a great time and appreciate all your help.

Thank you so much. I just wrote it all down and put it in my cruise folder. I usually love cruising because I leave my watch at home and just do what ever we want when ever we want so all this pre cruise planning and show reservation commitment ahead of time is concerning to me. I hope when we board I don't feel like I have to look at my watch all the time because we are "supposed " to be somewhere. Either way I'm sure we'll have a great time and appreciate all your help.

I personally didn't find it bothersome. Most of the shows are in the evening, so after we ate dinner, we'd either head right for the show, or we knew we had 30 minutes or so to kill.

Thank you for my "Say Cheese" photo!

I love it. I will be hanging that picture up!

Very nice and unique. It should be entered somewhere...

it is award worthy.

Thank you very much. If you happen to see a contest, let me know. :D

Thanks for the great cruise review--& bonus of the space center photos,,Great job!!!

we're sailing in Oasis in Sept and looking forward to Chops, Giovannis etc.. loved the food shots.....we also booked a cabana at Labadee to share with our dtr & her fiancee..and going to an all inclusive in Jamaica--love that port!

this class ship is new for us as we always sail relatively smaller ones....what are the best tips you have to avoid crowded areas or any nooks & crannies that are less populated???

I am nervous about the heights, escalators & crowds ,whihc seem confirmed by your photos.... but we are looking forward to the cruise over all...

thanks for disembark tip...we will try to get off the ship as early as we can... (last cruise disembarkation on Celeb Silho was a total nightmare in FLL!)

Edited by hcat

Thanks for the great cruise review--& bonus of the space center photos,,Great job!!!

we're sailing in Oasis in Sept and looking forward to Chops, Giovannis etc.. loved the food shots.....we also booked a cabana at Labadee to share with our dtr & her fiancee..and going to an all inclusive in Jamaica--love that port!

this class ship is new for us as we always sail relatively smaller ones....what are the best tips you have to avoid crowded areas or any nooks & crannies that are less populated???

I am nervous about the heights, escalators & crowds ,whihc seem confirmed by your photos.... but we are looking forward to the cruise over all...

thanks for disembark tip...we will try to get off the ship as early as we can... (last cruise disembarkation on Celeb Silho was a total nightmare in FLL!)

With the exception of after the muster drill and after shows, we really did not notice the crowds. We aren't big drinkers, so didn't spend time in any lounge. If we wanted a drink, we'd just go to the nearest bar. The secret balcony on deck 14 forward was never crowded, but with the exception of Lauderdale & Labadee sailaway, we were never up there during the day, just a couple times to catch sunsets in the evenings.

The only escalators we were on were for getting off & on at the ports. I'm assuming those in wheelchairs would use the elevator to get to deck 2, but I don't have any experience on that.

I really don't know how we spent our time. :p If we really wanted someplace quiet, we could always head back to the cabin.