2015 World Cruise

HotRoot

The last thing I am worried about is being shortchanged by SB on how they carry out the 2014 WC.

2015 WC is being debated and the likelihood of it happening is not so great in favor of doing more grand voyage type cruises. Anyway, that seems to be today's line and would seem a better route given their lack of imagination.

When will the December 2014 itineraries be announced?

We have the Crystal holiday cruise booked this year as we enjoyed last years so much, however, I think three carribean cruises in consecutive years may be a tad too much so I would like to look at alternatives.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am in email contact with John Delaney (Pres Sale & Marketing) in Seattle & he told me that the 2015 world cruise details would be out end of this month or early July.

We have a pre booking for the cruise...this reserves us the suite that we like.

Markham...hope we meet up again.

V & H

Any idea what happened?

Keith

I, too, have been spending hours perusing WC itineraries for 2015. I can't imagine why Seabourn is taking so long with their itinerary. As I told the sales rep - some of the other cruise lines discontinue their "perks" if you don't book by a certain date ie Crystal has a cut off of August 30th I believe. I don't think Silverseas has any cut off but their "perks" aren't as extensive. IMO I looked at the fantastic itinerary of 180 days that Oceania is doing but unless you get one of their huge suites you are stuck with the miniscule showers and no tubs. Those old Renaissance ships were poorly designed when it comes to the bathrooms. One thing I would like to ask is if people who have done the WC on smaller ships found it claustrophobic or if they wished for more people on board?? I love Seabourn and spent a month on the spirit some 6 years ago but wonder how it would be for a WC? Thanks.

Iwant2BatC, you have brought up an excellent point. My wife and I have done five full World Cruises (not on Seabourn) and it is important for that length of time that you feel that the ship is a suitable size for you. While there are certain size ships I enjoy for shorter voyages those ships would not necessarily work for me for longer voyages.

As usual, we each have different preferences when we travel but for me I need a certain size ship for that length of voyage and it is also important to me that a wide range of programs be offered for those sea days. I have met people who booked a full world cruise and never sailed on either the ship or line before sailing it for the world cruise and I would always recommend giving it a trial run.

And if you have sailed that ship you just have to think to yourself could I be on the ship for 3+ months.

I wanted to note that on bookings with Crystal that they do provide some incentives to book early in terms of the overall cruise fare. If you book by a specified date then often after that date the price goes up a little bit. We like to book early anyway to secure the cabin that we desire.

Crystal just announced their 2016 World Cruise itinerary on their web site this past Sunday along with the remainder of their 2015 itineraries and the early months of their 2016 itineraries. Pricing will be forthcoming on August 31st or somewhere around then.

Keith

We booked Crystal because it was selling out. We did not like the itinerary or size of ship but it was better than nothing. When SilverSeas came out, we cancelled Crystal and booked SilverSeas. We liked the itinerary better (ports visited) and the free laundry and free internet perks. We are still waiting on Seabourn. We may switch again. We can only afford to do this once so will do what we feel is best for us. In the past, Seabourn has used the larger ships for the World Cruise. We assume they will again. We do like those ships.

Just looked at Oceania. Agree you need a Vista or Owners Suite. We saw Tahiti in the Vista Suite of the Ocean Princess (now Island). Oceania website says everything is waitlisted. We need to be home by mid May so the itinerary would not work for us.

FYI - Crystal hits your credit card for the deposit in about 10 minutes. It takes 30 days to get the refund when you cancel.

Seems like there is quite a lot of information to consider when making such an extended voyage. The fabulous itinerary on Oceania was what even got me thinking about a World Cruise. I usually find I begin to get antsy after 30 days. In addition to all the perks - I think you have to consider the price per square foot of cabin space. I have made up a chart and plugged in all the factors. And, I have been combing the boards for comments. It seems to me that Crystal gets the fewest complainers of any cruise line (or is it my imagination). Maybe I should follow your advice and put a deposit down!

Right now the 2015 Crystal World Cruise has the highest demand of any of their previous World Cruises. Many categories are sold out. While pricing is not yet available The 2016 itinerary looks great too.

Do look at little details such as overnights. Come World Cruises have very few overnights and I think they are very important and much more so on a world cruise.

2015 will be Crystal's 20th World Cruise.

A world cruise can truly be very special.

Keith

Re: Oceania even though the penthouses on the Regatta are only 262 sq. ft. they are spacious enough and the bathroom is much larger than the regular cabins.

Agree Seabourn should have been out with their 1015 WC info long ago.

The 2015 Crystal calls at 8 countries we have never been to. The 2016 Crystal calls at 12 countries we have never been to. The 2015 Silverseas goes to 22 new countries for us. For us, it is all about the ports. I am already loading my Kindle for sea days.

Odd and sad but true about the release of the post Nov., 2014 existing schedules...

Sue at Seabourn reservations said today that it's still "late summer or early fall".

Just so no one is expecting something in the next week or so as we had been led to believe via an earlier post...

Happy sailing!

Whatever is wrong with the management at Seabourn that schedules will only be issued about 12 months before they become effective. Compared with their competitors this is just bad business, By the time their World Cruise schedule for 2015 is issued if indeed there is to be one many people will have booked with other lines. Is the problem that with the change at the top of Carnival the whole future of Seabourn is in the melting pot.

A couple of Seabourn long time cruisers, (recently back from cruising), have mentioned that there's some talk on the ships, that a 2015 world cruise may not be offered. Instead, each Odyssey-class ship will offer a Grand Voyage....supposedly decision not finalized, thus the delay.

Just talk and rumours, time will tell.

Ravenclaw,

Yes, that makes sense as far as reasons a different type of schedule may be in the works. Frankly and honestly, I just wish that Seabourn was more upfront

with their communications so that we would not be in limbo. Of course with Silversea, their main competitor, making a mess of their reputation with failing inspections and under-reporting stomach bugs and Crystal general reviews sliding of late (not to mention their faux open seating policy), Seabourn apparently has little competition for my dosh at least.

Anyway, I put down my WC 2015 deposit in April. Who would have thought it would take 5 or more months to decide what the deposit was meant to cover? Not the onboard sales rep, goodness bless her.

Happy sailing!

Only a few years ago they had their World Cruise published before anyone so tome it is very surprising that they are late to the game, a Full World Cruise is a major commitment of time and money and most people need time to plan for it and when I say time I am talking about a couple of years.

Keith

Archived