2015 World Cruise

HotRoot

Oregon50,

You say Seabourn won't do a world cruise in 2015 and instead do more grand voyages. However, my TA was assured in late July that Seabourn would do a WC with new and interesting itineraries and that the cruise would be announced in late August. And then this week I get directly from Seabourn news of another delay about announcing it, this time at the end of the year.

Sounds like no one is ready to deal with the question. And it's not only about the WC. How about announcing some itineraries- any itineraries- past Nov., 2014? That's the norm and this is not normal.

Happy sailing!

I just noticed there are new itineraries posted for the Odyssey & Sojourn going out to Mar 2015.

I believe are for for Odyssey and Quest (which will be in Antarctica again!). Sojourn only listed through November, so looks like Sojourn (or phantom new ship) will be doing the World Cruise.

It is the longest World Cruise that is offered now by major cruise lines.

Of course you could just book a years worth of regular cruises and create your own very long cruise.

Keith

Oceania is offering a 180 day world cruise and their rate includes free basic medical care. Smart move. It will be operated by the INISGNIA (back from charter to Hapag Lloyd Kreuzfahrten as COLUMBUS 2) and leave Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 10, 2015

Oceania is offering a 180 day world cruise and their rate includes free basic medical care. Smart move. It will be operated by the INISGNIA (back from charter to Hapag Lloyd Kreuzfahrten as COLUMBUS 2) and leave Ft. Lauderdale on Jan 10, 2015

According to Leslie on Riviera that cruise sold out within hours. Which is odd as their sister company Regent claimed that world cruises were no longer profitable or desired.:rolleyes:

According to Leslie on Riviera that cruise sold out within hours. Which is odd as their sister company Regent claimed that world cruises were no longer profitable or desired.:rolleyes:

That was true until 7 days later when people had to put down 20% of the fare and at that point lots of categories opened up. As of tonight 8 categories are currently available and several other are wait listed. Only 4 show sold out.

That was true until 7 days later when people had to put down 20% of the fare and at that point lots of categories opened up. As of tonight 8 categories are currently available and several other are wait listed. Only 4 show sold out.

That is correct.

Keith

Absolutely. They are sailing West to East and it is much better to do this in reverse. Time changes will be a problem. The other item is the length of the cruise. We love the long cruises but 180 days is a very long time. When we have done say 108 days there are some who are ready to leave sooner than that.

Keith

Early 2015 itineraries for Odyssey and Quest have been announced in the last few days - Australasia and the Antarctic. Maybe Sojourn will follow in the next few days. We are hoping it might be the Pacific and maybe World rather than the Carribean as its last announced itinerary is in November from Europe to Fort Lauderdale.

NYKshipping,

What is your source for this information? If you are correct my TA will be very surprised that there will be no WC after being assured otherwise by Seabourn in July.

Happy cruising!

Hi Markham

Also heard this morning from a VERY close SB source that there will be no world cruise in 2015...but possibly Grand Voyages.

V & H

NYKshipping,

What is your source for this information? If you are correct my TA will be very surprised that there will be no WC after being assured otherwise by Seabourn in July.

Happy cruising!

My source comes from the highest levels of the Executive Office at Seabourn. I can share only this at this point and assure you all, those of you that wanted South Africa pack your bags as she will be doing Barcelona to Cape Town (30) days in late November 2014, then a 14 day Christmas and New Years cruise and after Cape Town to Singapore....

Archived