2015 World Cruise

HotRoot

Yes, they are selling it very strong.

First they sold out until the deposits were due but it is selling very well.

For those who want that cruise that is great.

To me two drawbacks.

First the entire cruise is west to east so lots of forwarding the clock forward.

And, even for me who can be on a ship for 120 days I think 180 days is too long. There are some towards the end of 108 days who want off and 180 might be too intense and also you lose the continuity of many of the crew and the senior officers.

But, great for those who want this.

Keith

Jeepers!

After all this time something is stirring on the seabourn.com site with a cruise listed for Jan., 2015. It's only one- Legend in Caribbean- but that's progress.

If and when I see something more I will revert.

Happy sailing!

• 2 weeks later...

There are some new itineraries now on the seabourn.com site for Dec. 2014 and beyond but they do not include the 2015 world cruise. But maybe this movement indicates all post Nov., 2014 itineraries will be shown soon.

Happy sailing!

or did others get the "brochure price" and the "your price" showing up as the same price??? Usually they at least inflate the "brochure" price to make you think you're getting one whale of a deal. Of course they all do that...especially love the FREE shore excursions, FREE airfare. I simply can't imagine what the final bill would be after that cruise... I shudder to think of the wine bill alone.

The only world cruise that starts and ends in the same place.

Not true, The HAL World Cruise on the Amsterdam thru 2015 for sure and most likely longer than that always starts and ends in Ft. Lauderdale and, it goes around the world in the correct direction, east to west. Was on the 2013 version and know that it has had the same start and end for many years and is scheduled for now thru 2015 with the same start and end points.

Believe it or not, and I do not want to believe it myself, I have just received an answer to a question I pose periodically. It's from a Charlie at Seabourn who writes that the 2015 WC will be released by the end of the year!

So as you can read in earlier posts the release of the details won't necessarily be as advised during the past several weeks, i.e. late summer or early fall.

I hope that Charlie and I are wrong as such a delay in announcing the 2015 world cruise is unsettling and unprecedented. Let's see if Seabourn wants to clarify matters further... A good place to do so would be on their website and via their leading travel agents.

Happy sailing!

Wow, end of the year seems very strange to me unless they plan to offer a World Cruise that begins say in the Fall of 2015 rather than January.

Not a lot of time for those who would want to take a full World Cruise.

Did you ask if there will definitively be a World Cruise for 2015 and why the delay in getting this out?

Keith

What I asked was when would the Jan 2015 world cruise be announced. I also said that I had made an onboard deposit booking in April, 2013 and was keen to get the details.

The answer today was end of 2013 for the details and the usual regrets. But I doubt if the answer was shaped at all by reference to my particular booking and/or needs and interests. This is NOT customer-centered service, regrettable to me perhaps more than it might be to some others. I will leave it at that.

I don't have any idea what Seabourn management may be doing. As they say in advertizing circles, "Where is the love?!" I for one ain't feelin' it.

Happy sailing!

It's not only the World Cruise in 2015 that has not been announced - at the moment the last cruises for the three new ships are - Quest terminating in Montreal in September 2014, Odyssey terminating in Piraeus in October 2014 and Sojourn terminating in Fort Lauderdale in November 2014 after a crossing for which no fares are given on the web site. Last Sunday the sailings into 2015 for the Spirit and the Legend were listed including their final crossings to Barcelona ending in April 2015.

Not to have cruises available for booking into 2015, little more than a year ahead, for the three new ships seems an unusual business practice and one not followed by the other lines with whom Seabourn compete.

Archived