Equinox Ice cream

Boater Burns

Yes. Gelato, as served at the Cafe al Bacio, is not free, but the ice cream you can get at the buffet is free, and is very good, with a changing array of flavors, and many toppings.

Very true! The ice cream stand can be found at the portside entrance to the Oceanview Cafe. Ice cream is served from afternoon to about 10 pm. Cup or cone. Lots of times the same ice cream that you see for dessert at dinner time can be found the next day in the buffet. The Celebrity chefs always make enough extra for the ice cream fans on board, very kind of them! :D

Very true! The ice cream stand can be found at the portside entrance to the Oceanview Cafe. Ice cream is served from afternoon to about 10 pm. Cup or cone. Lots of times the same ice cream that you see for dessert at dinner time can be found the next day in the buffet. The Celebrity chefs always make enough extra for the ice cream fans on board, very kind of them! :D

The ice cream is great but recently I have not seen Cinnamon ice cream available. If you are an ice cream and a cinnamon lover you are aware of the fact the BEST is aboard X.

Charles

Hi When you say you pay extra can you say how much extra.?

Thankyou

$3 or $5 depending on the size. But the regular no extra charge ice cream is so good that I don't see why people bother with the gelato.

$3 or $5 depending on the size. But the regular no extra charge ice cream is so good that I don't see why people bother with the gelato.

Two words: pistachio gelato!:D

The ice cream at Oceanview cafe is o.k., and I do like to make my own ice cream sandwiches with it on occasion. The gelato, on the other hand, is wonderful! And since we have 123 drinks package AND shipboard credit on the next cruise, I need something on which to spend money!;)

Andrew

In my opinion, the gelato is superior to the ice cream and sherbets at the buffet. It may cost a few dollars but it is well worth it.

I think this is an area which requires personal research by any ice cream/gelato loving cruiser to determine which they prefer!

Does it cost extra to get a Geleto on board?

It will cost a few dollars extra.

I have not tried the gelato but from what I have heard during my last cruise it is very good.

However, I was really impressed by the ice cream flavors offered throughout the cruise and that they varied flavors each day. IMO Celebrity makes very good premium ice cream and if they are any indication of the gelato quality it should be worth it to treat yourself for a few dollars extra. But don't miss the chance to try the ice cream too. Check each day for new flavors to try.

Next cruise I think I will get a soft drink to make a float. Haven't had one of those in years. :p

Cheers!

Loved the free ice cream in Oceanview and the MDR - After Eight, Coconut - mmmmmmmmmmm. But the frozen yogurt was really to die for, it actually had a bit a tang, just like regular yogurt. Sad to hear that cinnamon may be a thing of the past, but please don't discontinue my fro yo. Of course the little bowls of M&Ms, sprinkles, Reese's Pieces, gummy bears etc. that you can get as toppings kinda negate the whole yogurt thing. Oh well, that's what vacations are for!

I love the ice cream in the Oceanview Café, too. Just wish the ice cream bar stayed open late at night when they serve pizza and other snack foods there.

I agree the cinnamon flavor is delicious, and I would hate to see it taken off the menu. But if so, I'll just "make do" with the rum raisin, pina colada and cherry brandy flavors. To heck with the drinks package...I'll take my alcohol in a cone any day!

The ice cream is great but recently I have not seen Cinnamon ice cream available. If you are an ice cream and a cinnamon lover you are aware of the fact the BEST is aboard X.

Charles

Cinnamon is also one of my favorites and at the start of a cruise I always request it.

Loved the free ice cream in Oceanview and the MDR - After Eight, Coconut - mmmmmmmmmmm. But the frozen yogurt was really to die for, it actually had a bit a tang, just like regular yogurt. Sad to hear that cinnamon may be a thing of the past, but please don't discontinue my fro yo. Of course the little bowls of M&Ms, sprinkles, Reese's Pieces, gummy bears etc. that you can get as toppings kinda negate the whole yogurt thing. Oh well, that's what vacations are for!

I had Cinnamon on our cruise last year. I hope they haven't, or aren't thinking of dropping it.

I was on the Solstice and had the ice cream every day in the oceanview cafe, the sorbet was delicious, I had the mango and Kiwi, also enjoyed the soft serve twist when it was vanilla and strawberry, wish I was back on the ship right now having some.............

Next cruise I think I will get a soft drink to make a float. Haven't had one of those in years. :p
.....and the wonderful make your own Starbucks-type iced coffee drinks loaded with your favorite ice-cream. :D

Wish I was on a cruise right now. Ah, the memories.:)

But eek, the calories. :eek:

In my opinion, the gelato is superior to the ice cream and sherbets at the buffet. It may cost a few dollars but it is well worth it.

I agree. The gelato was delicious and well worth the extra money. I did not care for the ice-cream in the Buffet.

Archived