Chilled Soups?

psycomac

I searched but the only thread I could find was from 2009....does NCL (and Jewel specifically) still serve the chilled fruit soups? I haven't seen them listed on any menus people have been posting.

I searched but the only thread I could find was from 2009....does NCL (and Jewel specifically) still serve the chilled fruit soups? I haven't seen them listed on any menus people have been posting.

We had them last summer on the Jewel (in the buffet only), and again on the Star in November 2012 but NOT on the Pearl in April 2013. We were told the chilled soups had been dropped from their menus. Boo! :mad:

People keep talking about them but I have yet to see them on the ships I have been on, and I even asked in the buffets and got shrugs as responses.

If you go to your M & G and the F & B or Chef is there, please ask them!

I asked a F&B director awhile back...when soups disappeared..he said they were no longer on the menus ..:( ...reports after that..mentioned occasional "sightings" on buffet by desserts...so I guess it was sporadic...I personally did not see any on my last cruise..

I always liked the savory cold soups ...was not a fan of sweet ones....

I would have thought the cold soups would be an asset for MDR--as one more thing that did not have to come to table hot...making storage and serving easier...but what do I know...

During our ship tour on the Sun this month I mentioned to Chef St Clair how much we missed the chilled soups. Several other tour members chimed in and one lady said they were the reason her group chose Norwegian over other lines.

Chef St Clair said, no problem, we have chilled soup. What kind would you like.... then said, we'll have chilled strawberry soup waiting for you for dinner this evening. Just tell your server it will be at Four Seasons / Seven Seas galley.

He made good on his word and it was waiting for us. It was delicious :) Here is a photo of the soup

08307c88-ef9c-457d-ab12-8bca6ac2e4be_zpsca84032a.jpg

And here is a photo of our wonderful galley kitchen guide Chef St Clair who made chilled soup happen for us

8af0a8c8-27cf-40b4-bb64-841879675e40_zpsad8ab3b9.jpg

During our ship tour on the Sun this month I mentioned to Chef St Clair how much we missed the chilled soups. Several other tour members chimed in and one lady said they were the reason her group chose Norwegian over other lines.

Chef St Clair said, no problem, we have chilled soup. What kind would you like.... then said, we'll have chilled strawberry soup waiting for you for dinner this evening. Just tell your server it will be at Four Seasons / Seven Seas galley.

He made good on his word and it was waiting for us. It was delicious :) Here is a photo of the soup

08307c88-ef9c-457d-ab12-8bca6ac2e4be_zpsca84032a.jpg

And here is a photo of our wonderful galley kitchen guide Chef St Clair who made chilled soup happen for us

8af0a8c8-27cf-40b4-bb64-841879675e40_zpsad8ab3b9.jpg

That's great customer service! We also love the chilled soups and hope to be able to enjoy them on the Pearl in September.:confused:

They were not on the Breakaway. :( We asked one of the chefs walking around in the buffet and he told us "no, we are not making them any more." We told him how disappointing that was and he said he's hearing that a lot. C'mon NCL, bring back the chilled soups!

[quote=Barb Nahoumi;38867679

It must depend upon which ship. My favorite chilled soup is Gazpacho------spicey but yummy.

Love it !! and the watercress and avacado/tomitilo..:)

My favorite as well!

Certainly was a disappointment when I was on the Jewel last January and will miss the chilled soups on the Breakaway as well.

You would think that with so many people stating how much they enjoy this on the menu that NCL would bring it back.

I just cannot understand why they were removed!!

Don

Just got off the Dawn and there were no cold soups in the buffet. I wanted to ask about them at our meet & greet, but the chef was not present during our meeting or at any of the other meet & greet officer receptions we went to.

However, I was on the Jade this past January and they did have a different flavor of cold soup each day in the buffet for lunch & dinner.

Each chef might handle it differently.

Archived