Grandeur of the Seas Resumes Baltimore Sailings on July 12th

Oh, those lucky TAs ad Diamond Plus folks!!! I'm just Diamond, so sadly, I won't get the invite:( I wonder how much RCI is charging for a one-nighter? Local media and TAs will be there to "sell" the ship, so I'm thinking they will be guests of RCI. But the D+ folks who are invited will probably not be going on RCI's dime. Thoughts anyone?

• 3 months later...

I see this thread has not been active for a few months, but my hubby and I are looking to take this ship on Feb 18th for a 10 night cruise and I am kinda worried about going out of Baltimore.. How rough will the seas be? I have done back to backs out of tampa and the sea days were ok. I am just wondering if there are enough things to do on the ship on sea days to keep us busy? Is there plenty of places inside to sit and relax since it will be so cold heading out and back? Sorry for the ?s. We are trying to stay local and save some money on airfare since my hubby has been going thru the government fuloughs.. thanks for any info.. We are only one hour from the port so we hope this is a good cruise..

I see this thread has not been active for a few months, but my hubby and I are looking to take this ship on Feb 18th for a 10 night cruise and I am kinda worried about going out of Baltimore.. How rough will the seas be? I have done back to backs out of tampa and the sea days were ok. I am just wondering if there are enough things to do on the ship on sea days to keep us busy? Is there plenty of places inside to sit and relax since it will be so cold heading out and back? Sorry for the ?s. We are trying to stay local and save some money on airfare since my hubby has been going thru the government fuloughs.. thanks for any info.. We are only one hour from the port so we hope this is a good cruise..

I love going out of Baltimore - we go every January. This will be my first on the Grandeur. Yes, the North Atlantic can be rough in the winter. There is lots to do, lots of places to relax on the cold day heading down and back (better than spending a day in the airport). enjoy!

Thanks MaryAnn,, we are ready to try Baltimore.. The added cost of airfare, luggage charges,, hotel for the night before all adds up.. plus parking at the airport.. How much is parking in Baltimore??

We were booked on a NCL for Jan 26, but for 200$ more we can do 10 nights on RCI instead of 7. and no airfare.. So we are hoping that we are making the right decision. I have to let our friends know that are booked on the NCL that we are canceling it and going for the RCI.

Thanks MaryAnn,, we are ready to try Baltimore.. The added cost of airfare, luggage charges,, hotel for the night before all adds up.. plus parking at the airport.. How much is parking in Baltimore??

We were booked on a NCL for Jan 26, but for 200$ more we can do 10 nights on RCI instead of 7. and no airfare.. So we are hoping that we are making the right decision. I have to let our friends know that are booked on the NCL that we are canceling it and going for the RCI.

Parking at the Baltimore port:

http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/parking-rates

Seems ok to start a new thread if you wanted to...

Anyway, we did the same time period this year on the Enchantment. Of the 9 days- only the first day at sea was really bad. And that was because of winter storm that happened to be there at the same time. Since cruising is a lot about resting- it worked out well that we just slept ALL day.

The return weather in the same area was just fine.

We have had rough seas in the summer in the Gulf, so anything can happen. But the rest of that particular trip was really nice.

Hope that gives you some more data to sift through.

At $15 per day for parking at the port, it may be worthwhile checking out the park and stay deals and nearby hotels to the port. You can often stay the night before, and park your car at the hotel while you are gone, for close to the same cost as parking for a 8 days at the part would cost. stay123.com is a good site to look this up.

I see you live almost down the road from us. Anyway, we are leaving tomorrow for a stay at the Sleep Inn in Baltimore before sailing out on the Grandeur on Thursday for Canada/New England. We booked through stay123, but there is also trinity reservations too. Both have good deals with a night's stay, free parking, shuttle and breakfast. Might be about the same price as parking, maybe cheaper depending on the number of nights.

Baltimore is a great port to sail from. Very easy and convenient.

Enjoy your cruise.

Gwen :)

Archived