We may have to cancel our cruise :(

we have a cruise booked for 9/9/13. our final payment is in a week and 1/2. I lost my job on wed. my mom is going with us and I have already bought her plane ticket to come to FL. My husband is thinking we will have to put the cruise off. we have already put it off once, we was going in july. I hope it can work out for the best. :(

we have a cruise booked for 9/9/13. our final payment is in a week and 1/2. I lost my job on wed. my mom is going with us and I have already bought her plane ticket to come to FL. My husband is thinking we will have to put the cruise off. we have already put it off once, we was going in july. I hope it can work out for the best. :(

Very sorry to hear about your job. When that happens it can force tough decisions. Hope things work out for the best.

I too is going to pray for you. The same thing happened to me but my trip was already paid for and it really help me to relax from the terror of being the only income with five children. It really suck but in the end it all works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

funnysmiley39.gif

I'm so sorry. That is really sad news. I will pray that you can find someone to keep your plans and have your cruise. I would be devastated if I had to cancel a cruise, especially since we plan them so far in advance...all that anticipation and then a let down. I really feel for you.

But, just keep in mind, eve IF (and I hope that's not the case) you are not able to cruise right now, those ships will be there when you are able to go.

Similar situation happened to us but it was after final payment. It was the only time we have done Europe and we had far less money to spend than we liked but we were able to see what we wanted to see and got great deals on do it yourself excursions by following suggestions here on cc. Sorry about your job!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am so sorry about your job loss. Hopefully a new one will come your way soon..

Do you have travel insurance?

My thoughts are, that since you paid for your mother's plane ticket, and you already reschedualed the cruise once, don't cancel. Take this time to be together and enjoy yourself.

I hope it works out for you. I'm looking at a month layoff starting Monday. We are already payed in full, but there won't be a lot of spending money. I will think happy thoughts for you and hope to see you 9/9 on the Sky!

Sorry about your job loss. Can you perhaps modify your plans (ie balcony to inside or no excusions) to make it more affordable? Does your state have unemployment insurance? In NJ you get a % of your salary ( not sure of %) for at least 13 weeks.

Good luck..

Just go!!!! You have never cruised and this is a short cruise. I might consider down grading your room in order to free up some money for other things.

There are many many ways that you can cut back on costs incluing, booking private excursions, brining on soda and water....and sometime it has been reported that people sneak on booze. Although i would normally not bring that up, in this circumstance it would be acceptable to me:)

good luck and remember cruising cn be done on a budget!!!!

Archived