Hyatt House/Hyatt Place/Embassy Suites

hollon

Has anyone stayed in these hotels in fort lauderdale? I'm looking at the Hyatt House for 139.00 (their website is 260.00) got a good deal. Hyatt place and embassy suites is 179.00 BUT w/ Queen beds (I need my space) any help?

Has anyone stayed in these hotels in fort lauderdale? I'm looking at the Hyatt House for 139.00 (their website is 260.00) got a good deal. Hyatt place and embassy suites is 179.00 BUT w/ Queen beds (I need my space) any help?

I have never been to Fort Lauderdale but in my opinion the embassy suites would be the way to go - good reviews - plus they have a great breakfast, plus I believe it is very close to the port /shopping and restaurants plus for a fee they will take you to the cruise terminal on the airport shuttle bus. :D

When we go to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise we always use Priceline and usually end up paying about $60 a night for a hotel. Among those where we have stayed were both Hyatt House and Hyatt Place which are in the same area right off US 95. Both were excellent and offer a good complimentary breakfast, free parking and free internet access. There is a large mall across the road which has several good and relatively inexpensive restaurants. They also offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal. Not sure, but they may also allow you to park your car there for the duration of your cruise.

Haven't stayed at Embassy Suites but it also has an excellent reputation. I'd recommend giving Priceline a try and bidding for the FLL Airport South area.

I stayed at all of them and you can't go wrong with any of them.

We stayed at the Hyatt House last trip and would stay there again.:)

Bill

Have stayed multiple times at the Embassy Suites on 17th. The happy hour is lovely as is breakfast which is held in the atrium. There is a mall two blocks away where you can purchase anything you've forgotten. We always enjoy having dinner at Kelly's Landing which is also nearby. Very nice seafood.

We've always stayed (and will again later this year) at the Embassy Suites. It's close to the port, next door to a shopping center with restaurants, a super market and a Total Wine. It also has the comp'd happy hour in the evening and breakfast in the A.M. As someone else mentioned, all three hotels you're looking at are great, we just prefer the Embassy.

We always stay at the Hyatt Place...love the location. But $179 seems high to me...we're paying $107 in Sept. I don't remember ever paying more than $125 for that hotel. :eek:

In 2012 we were on the Allure and paid 104.00, so yes, I was wondering what happend to that good price :)

There are several very good hotels in the Port Everglades Harbor area (Ft. Lauderdale).

We have enjoyed the Hilton Marina Hotel a great deal prior to departure on Oasis of the Seas. The accommodations were outstanding - and the view of the harbor (and ships) was excellent.

Here are just a few views from our harbor balcony:

924119460_0210128HiltonMarinaHotel.jpg.92e803e139b4d3193fbe0b2463140257.jpg

1403485071_0211120HarborDepartureMorning.jpg.ef57abc1b5ffd578eeea56524776cb42.jpg

Haven't stayed at Hyatt House or Hyatt Place but recently researched Embassy Suites. Location and amenities are good but when you add in $9.95/day for internet (unless you're GOLD with Hilton Honors), taxi from airport to hotel and hotel to port, for us, it's not as good a value.

We have stayed at both Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay Hotel on 17th St. HI Express offers a nice breakfast and airport shuttle. Ext Stay offers airport to hotel and hotel to port shuttles with a light continental breakfast.

For our upcoming stays we'll definitely add Hyatt Place to our list of Ft Lauderdale hotels.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

There are several very good hotels in the Port Everglades Harbor area (Ft. Lauderdale).

We have enjoyed the Hilton Marina Hotel a great deal prior to departure on Oasis of the Seas. The accommodations were outstanding - and the view of the harbor (and ships) was excellent.

Here are just a few views from our harbor balcony:

I believe this is the Hilton Marina ...

D1-3.jpg

We've stayed at the Doubletree and also Holiday Inn Express/Cruise Port. The Holiday Inn is in a very dicey area. We walked across the street to McDonalds on our way to that strip mall with the grocery store. A gang fight broke out at McDonalds. It's an area I'd avoid unless you check in and don't venture out of the front door. The Doubletree is a fabulous hotel but next time we'll stay at Embassy Suites because it's closer to the cruise port.

Thanks for the good advice. I think I'll stay w/ the Hyatt House for 139.00

You didn't say whether that rate at Hyatt House was for a studio, 1 or 2 BR suite. Regardless, all rooms at Hyatt House have full sized kitchens which I believe is added room and convenience.

If there is more than two people in your party then the 1 and 2 BR suites are great because they also have 2 bathrooms and a parlor.

You can stay at Hyatt Place for $99 through valuetrips.

My reservation thru them is $109/night. I'm guessing it's because they are charging an extra $10 for our third person.

I was thinking of switching to the Embassy, but I missed the Groupon deal I found. If I find a good deal before we leave (Labor ?Day weekend), I will switch.